Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    does the map are downloaded via the phone or from the pc/mac like on the android version ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeromem75 View Post
    does the map are downloaded via the phone or from the pc/mac like on the android version ?
    Maps are downloaded on the phone, in the nDrive app.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    ok, best wait until I am at home over wifi . thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by huskymed View Post
    Yes. On VZW. Any idea when the update will be available, if ever?
    You can meta your phone to 2.1 but as far as an official update we still have no word yet.
    I am now on a Veer and see the NDrive USA in the App Catalog which appears to be the same one my Pre2 saw. Are there 2 different versions or does it scale? I want to buy this app, but don't want to buy it more than once when I switch to Pre3 in coming months.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I am now on a Veer and see the NDrive USA in the App Catalog which appears to be the same one my Pre2 saw. Are there 2 different versions or does it scale? I want to buy this app, but don't want to buy it more than once when I switch to Pre3 in coming months.
    it will scale up. you will not miss the edge or something.
    I did not have so fare the issue about lost signal/ gps with my UK Version.
    Well I only drove in town.
    Is it me or NDrive France is not available for PrPrPr $Plus$ $anymore$ ?

I was sure I did seet it in my app catalog and now, I juste can buy NDrive Italy.
    When I go to the developer page, I see that NDrive France is just for Veer and PrPrPr $2$.

I have a PrPrPr $Plus$ $with$ $webOS$ $2$.$1$.
    Please ignore the fact that this chart was made with IOS in mind. I post it not for the IOS factor, but the great comparisons between Nav apps. Hopefully most of the good ones will available to webos soon.
    PocketGPSWorld
    Do you know if it is planned an Ndrive release for Greece?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    after reading few threads it seems like this app is not working well? Is anyone using it successfully in states?

Also what happens when you are actively using the app and call comes in?does everything exits?

Thx
    Don't know about the States, but in the UK apart from the 1 West of 0 bug, it works really well for me. I had it navigating the other day, with the music player working, plus received a phone call at the same time. It all worked fine, apart from I think it talks over the phone call, unlike the mp3 player. When the call ended everything was working as before. All this is on a Pre2.
    roams11 likes this.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    Don't know about the States, but in the UK apart from the 1 West of 0 bug, it works really well for me. I had it navigating the other day, with the music player working, plus received a phone call at the same time. It all worked fine, apart from I think it talks over the phone call, unlike the mp3 player. When the call ended everything was working as before. All this is on a Pre2.
    do you mean it gives voice directions through phone "ear" speaker (unlike via speakerphone) in the background while you were on call?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk View Post
    do you mean it gives voice directions through phone "ear" speaker (unlike via speakerphone) in the background while you were on call?
    That is what I meant, but I was wrong. I checked it out today while out and about and during an incoming call the naviagtion directions, speed beeps etc, were silent.

What is interesting is that if you go into card view, the app still keeps working and updating the card, so I was able to look at my diary for the day, in card view as well, while keeping an eye on the satnav too. BTW someone else was driving
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Its an amazing App
    Any idea when NDrive will be available for the TouchPad? I use a MiFi wifi hotspot when in my car. The MiFi has a GPS, so my wifi devices get navigational data updated just fine and that is why I am not even considering getting the newer TouchPad; I had an iPad with 3G, but never used the 3G because I use my MiFi so my grandson can use the wifi connection also.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDewWorm View Post
    Any idea when NDrive will be available for the TouchPad? I use a MiFi wifi hotspot when in my car. The MiFi has a GPS, so my wifi devices get navigational data updated just fine and that is why I am not even considering getting the newer TouchPad; I had an iPad with 3G, but never used the 3G because I use my MiFi so my grandson can use the wifi connection also.
    I believe it already is,
    NDrive HD Navigation now on the HP TouchPad | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Regarding the 0-1 degree West of Greenwich OS2.1 bug that stops the GPS working in London and North and South of it:

I asked NDrive support why their app suffers from this bug whilst Google maps on the same device has a very accurate location fix even where there is no WiFi Signal for Google location services to work. This is their answer:

"Dear Customer,

Google Maps uses data access to perform navigation routes. It never uses the GPS antenna in your device.

We are doing our best efforts in order to release an update as soon as possible."

It is great that NDrive is acknowledging the issue and say they are trying to resolve it. However, Does the first part of their reply make sense? I can understand that routing itself requires data, but the location fix? My understanding was that the location is always supplied by the GPS APIs. Any comments?!! Especially if anyone has a workaround short of binning WebOS and moving on!!!

For anyone interested, this the full text of my email to them, having previously been told it would be fixed within 2 weeks:

Hello NDrive supportThe GPS bug has not yet been fixed by Palm after 20 days since your email, but more importantly, I cannot get a response from Palm. Please would you confirm it is being fixed soon? Why would Google maps and other apps work on the device but not NDrive? Is NDrive not using the same APIs to access the GPS data on the Palm Pre2?Many thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    "Dear Customer,

Google Maps uses data access to perform navigation routes. It never uses the GPS antenna in your device.

That can't be true. If I turn off my GPS Google Maps thinks I'm abut 3 miles from my true location. If I then turn GPS back on it 'finds' me. ??
    Thought of the day :
    Quote Originally Posted by Amohazab View Post
    Regarding the 0-1 degree West of Greenwich OS2.1 bug that stops the GPS working in London and North and South of it:
    Hello NDrive support The GPS bug has not yet been fixed by Palm after 20 days since your email, but more importantly, I cannot get a response from Palm. Please would you confirm it is being fixed soon?
    On Twitter I've had an message from Richard Kerris that it due out very soon.
    Thought of the day :
    There was an update for my UK speed camera file today when I checked. Interesting to see how it works, hopefully it's the same if & when there is a map update.
    if anyone from NDrive is listening, could you change the spoken phrase from "Cross the roundabout" to "enter the roundabout" ;-)
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast