Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Kinda bummed the NDrive app was just about useless today (only really the 2nd day I've used it). It seems like if the app loses the GPS it doesn't always pick it back up. I even verified with gpsfix that the lock was excellent and NDrive was still stuck.

This happened maybe 3 times in one trip before I gave up and shut down the app for good
    Quote Originally Posted by CentroGoblin View Post
    Kinda bummed the NDrive app was just about useless today (only really the 2nd day I've used it). It seems like if the app loses the GPS it doesn't always pick it back up. I even verified with gpsfix that the lock was excellent and NDrive was still stuck.

This happened maybe 3 times in one trip before I gave up and shut down the app for good
    I am using a VZ Pre+ with 2.1 and NDrive is not usable. It picks up a signal for a few seconds and drops it for good. My other GPS apps work as expected. Not happy with this purchase yet but hoping it will be usable down the line with an update or with the Pre3.
    Quote Originally Posted by DanXCook View Post
    I am using a VZ Pre+ with 2.1 and NDrive is not usable. It picks up a signal for a few seconds and drops it for good. My other GPS apps work as expected. Not happy with this purchase yet but hoping it will be usable down the line with an update or with the Pre3.
    This is what i was afraid of...well, Garmin, got any refurbs I might be interested in purchasing? I need a real GPS solution, and my current VZW Pre Plus won't be up to the task.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    This is what i was afraid of...well, Garmin, got any refurbs I might be interested in purchasing? I need a real GPS solution, and my current VZW Pre Plus won't be up to the task.
    I use a 765T because I prefer a dedicated GPS.

Here is a newer/better device for $110 shipped:
    Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 1690 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth Navigator with nüLink! Services (Factory Refurbished): Electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I use a 765T because I prefer a dedicated GPS.

Here is a newer/better device for $110 shipped:
    Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 1690 4.3-Inch Portable Bluetooth Navigator with nüLink! Services (Factory Refurbished): Electronics
    Thanks Cantaffordit...and I don't know why you use that name when you so kindly ordered a Nuvi for me!

I'm probably going to have to go for it and buy the Garmin. That's a good price, even though it is refurb.

GuyfromNam, I think you're right, it isn't the Pre+ itself, it's something VZW is limiting. Your borg-i-fied VZW Pre+ helps to support that idea.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Where is the documentation? I can't find certain features like:
    Live Traffic
    Fast searches using initials
    Road book
    Aerial photography support
    Alternative routes calculation
    Navigate to nearby POI during navigation
    Import from Google Earth

Where can I find documentation on these features?

I'd also like the ability to navigate to an address in the phones contacts database.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    will ndrive work on the Veer ?
    is this app seriously $50???!!! You've GOT to be kidding! wow!
    tp
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    tp
    $50 is actually a decent price for a navigation app that has recent NAVTEQ maps stored locally on your phone. You're not just paying for the app. You're paying for the license for those maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    tp
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    $50 is actually a decent price for a navigation app that has recent NAVTEQ maps stored locally on your phone. You're not just paying for the app. You're paying for the license for those maps.
    Well... actually you are paying for both since the Maps are no good without the app. In truth it's unclear how the map updates will work and what they will cost. I would prefer to see this setup as a nominal fee for the application with a fee for the maps separate - this would allow you to get the app with a small sample map data slice perhaps and then test it. But whatever.

In any case - the price may be too high since physical devices with as up to date maps can be had on craigslist for around the same cost. The app seems to be having challenges also:

http://forums.precentral.net/2956788-post115.html
    See also the next post: http://forums.precentral.net/2957050-post116.html
    I'm in the UK and have the same issue with the GPS signal picking up for a couple of seconds then dropping out on my Pre2. Why is this??!! this app cost me 40 bloody quid! Does anyone have a solution for the GPS issue, please??
    NDrive also loses its fix a lot here and then doesn't find it back unless I stop for about 10-20 seconds (at a traffic light, for example).

I contacted their customer support, but they seem to think it's the gps antenna that's at fault. They also don't seem to be aware of of other users with this problem.

So I concur with GuyFromNam that it would be a good idea to contact their customer support and explain the problem (calmly and respectfully).

EDIT: and for what it's worth, I'm using a NA gsm Pre 2 in Europe.
    Last edited by reflex; 05/18/2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Check out Movie Diary.
  13.    #113  
    You should consider send a pm to user NDrive
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...eer-owner.html
    Customer support have forwarded my problem to the programmers, so here's hoping that it can be fixed.

I also tested Navit and it didn't lose its fix, so it seems the Pre 2's gps antenna is good enough and it should be possible.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    I submitted a message to customer support hopefully they can fix the issue. My first trip with NDrive was flawless but the recent 3 or 4 have been a complete waste of my time with the GPS signal dead for 80%+ of the trip
    Can anyone tell me why I can't get this app on my Pre 2? It's not showing up in the market??
    Are you on VZW? The app requires webOS 2.1, which isn't available to us VZW users yet. :-(
    Yes. On VZW. Any idea when the update will be available, if ever?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Oh, and appreciate the fact some companies are still developing essential apps for a platform that still has a lot to prove, and may not even turn out to be worth the investment in the end.
    Thank's for that posting!
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    Customer support have forwarded my problem to the programmers, so here's hoping that it can be fixed.

I also tested Navit and it didn't lose its fix, so it seems the Pre 2's gps antenna is good enough and it should be possible.
    It was explained elsewhere that this NDrive issue probably is related to the time intervall until the next reliable GPS position is received. Navit is just patiently waiting for a couple of seconds, and updating the position accordingly aftwards. NDrive loses it's patience and reports loss of fix instead.

Another field the NDrive developers are working upon. At least they should be.

Regards

Carsten