Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    You've gave them the info needed; guess they're just busy. They won't send you back a serial though - when the maps are activated, they'll show up in the My Products tab in the Menu/Store and you just hit download. Send a friendly reminder, perhaps. They seem to work late hours too. And on weekends.
    Thanks - I've chased them up via email. Hopefully I'll get my map soon - I have a friend visiting next week and could use some help navigating around the city, as I'm useless!
    Anyone has the IPK file for the latest beta 4? Can't seem to download from ndrive dropbox. Thanks.
    Upke likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    That would be illegal distribution.
    Ask Maria.

It is indeed gone from the dropbox.
    Beta 5 is in the dropbox now
    Got my access to the beta 5, waiting for them to send me a USA map so I can test this thing out.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Signed in the beta forums just yesterday, and I've already downloaded NDrive. Looks beautiful, now wating for some maps I've already requested. The NDrive people, at least the beta administration guys, look very helpful indeed.
    where does one sign up for the beta??
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    where does one sign up for the beta??
    This very thread has the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    This very thread has the answer.
    nvm found the beta forums,
    I just downloaded and installed the app, and get "Application not licensed", then it closes. Restart and remove/reinstall did not help. I definately paid for it (got my palm email confirmation). Any help here is appreciated!

Thanks!
    they are very slow to respond via email. also registered and was confirmed, asked for my code and was asked my user name on the forums - no reply since... sent 3 more emails every couple of days and nothing... even an automated response or a "no, sorry, can't help you" would have been better then this. hope their customer service is better for paying customers. btw - I offered to pay for the maps in full + assist in the software translation to my native language.
    How were you able to find and install it, I cannot find it anywhere in the app catalog.
    Sent from my Verizon Pre2
    Waiting for the Canadian version. (Or isn't there going to be one?)
    Hey guys we here at NDrive are proud to announce that NDrive for webOS is now live, we have begun by lunching our US application NDrive USA, But we are rolling out alot more App's in the coming days including NDrive Canada

Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    Waiting for the Canadian version. (Or isn't there going to be one?)
    Best regards
    NDrive
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    "Mariana" not Maria. ;-)
    finally got a reply from the beta tester admin that there are no Israeli maps...

you can clearly see here that there are Israeli maps for NDrive: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2889972

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    If you know so well, what stopped you from standing up for her/them?
    I was, in a way, in teasing you about the name. NDrive seems to be a human-sized company and we deal with right nice people; I will buy the software for this alone.

GuyFromNam, I've already supported them, a few posts back, and even given advice to one or two in the same position. I've also seen that NDrive knows their way around P|C forums and that in a few cases repeated requests to join have indeed gone unheeded, so I thought it better to let their QA people respond.

And I will not tease you anymoew. :- |

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    A few questions:

Has anybody with a Verizon 2.1 Pre Plus tried this? Does it play nicely with the wacky Verizon GPS?

Any chance that there can be an update/patch somewhere, so that BFG maps can send gps coordinates & addresses into NDrive? Or maybe BFG -> Neato -> NDrive?

Also, I can't seem to find any information about what the price is for map & software updates. Does anybody know?
    Bought this yesterday for my Pre 2 a few things:

1) It took awhile (maybe ~45 minutes?) to download the 2+ gigs on wifi but not as long as I expected
    2) The UI is pretty non-standard and quirky
    a) There is an on-screen keyboard when you are supposed to type and I am always collapsing it to see more info -- wish there was a way to turn off the on screen keyboard as a default) but snappy more or less
    b) There is no way after browsing a POI and viewing it on the map to go back to your POI list.. you need to go through the menu again to get to that POI filter/list
    c) I couldn't figure out how to zoom in and move around the map easily when trying to get a quick overview of where I needed to go.
    3) The app/GPS was a bit wonky on my first test drive for a moment (when I purposely took a different path to try and get it to recalculate) and I needed to close and open the app again for it to recalculate & start working again.
    4) The offramp to my home just said 14A (and no street name) but the offramp itself didn't show 14A and only had the street name.. if I didn't know where I was going I probably would have missed it
    5) An onramp just said 5 (which is a freeway- not an exit number) but there was no indication as to if it was 5 north or 5 south. It said to turn to the right but both onramps were on the right. The only way to tell was to pay close attention to the on-screen map and its drawing for the route as I was getting closer to the onramp.

Overall my TomTom is way more polished but this is better than nothing! I'm hoping I will like it more as I use it but considering this is the only option it's well worth the $50 to me..
    Last edited by CentroGoblin; 04/30/2011 at 11:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    A few questions:

Has anybody with a Verizon 2.1 Pre Plus tried this? Does it play nicely with the wacky Verizon GPS?

Any chance that there can be an update/patch somewhere, so that BFG maps can send gps coordinates & addresses into NDrive? Or maybe BFG -> Neato -> NDrive?

Also, I can't seem to find any information about what the price is for map & software updates. Does anybody know?
    Bump. Does anybody have any feedback on these questions? I would click the Thanks button like nobody's business!

I should point out that the Verizon GPS is much better for me on the metadoctored 2.1 than it was before, and from what I've seen that's the case for most people...Still, I want to poll others before I buy.
    (1)
    I have a Verizon Pre Plus!
    But with a GSM commboard in it, so I can't help you with the GPS question.
    As far as I know though, 2.1 enables Standalone GPS.

(2)
    I think HaPe and others have raised that issue in the beta forum. Don't know if they're doing anything with that.

(3)
    It's in the AppCat.
    Thanks! I'll try to look for those posts you refer to in (2). On (3), there is no information in the App Catalog on what the cost will be for software updates and map updates. For example what is the cost if, in the future, I want to use newer NAVTEQ maps than Dec2010? GPS software companies usually charge for software and map updates, but that doesn't mean these guys do...
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast