Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avnera View Post
    sorry, I've missed your post.
    I got safety cameras, but sometimes of the opposite side... :-(
    Yeah TomTom does that too....does it beep though? I get nothing at all...exept a ticket
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    @robdoc Ah. That's what you called "gracefully"? I'm gracefully insisting. That's no way to run a beta test.
    Yeah guss so, but boy this thing is worth 20 euros to me!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @robdos
    Me too - but on a version 1. I'll be sad tosay goodbye to Mr. Roboto from Navit though.

Uh, dumb question - did you turn on the speed camera sounds in "Safety Options". It's a different setting than the general speaker volume under "General".

Shouldn't we be discussing this in Ndrive's forum? :-)
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    @robdos
    Me too - but on a version 1. I'll be sad tosay goodbye to Mr. Roboto from Navit though.

Uh, dumb question - did you turn on the speed camera sounds in "Safety Options". It's a different setting than the general speaker volume under "General".

Shouldn't we be discussing this in Ndrive's forum? :-)
    Nah, they won my silence

Yes its turned on...like your idea about notifications too...but I'd prefer a toggle so they can be ignored while I'm driving....
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I have to admit guiltily that the gestures are the best for messing around with your phone one handed. Ahem. In my defense, I always drive about 20 kph under the limit; makes my wife nuts.

"Toggle notifications" is a great idea - I mean each app has it, but a global off switch would be interesting in WebOS. I wonder if Sconix can integrate such a thing into ModeSwitcher. In iOS you can control this centrally (the only redeeming thing about their notifications system!). Also, I think Sprint offers this payable service for dumbphones; for like $10 a month, when the phone detects that you are in a vehicle, it'll prevent SMSs from coming.

Update: Got my facts all wrong on the Sprint app: http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...-while-driving

2nd update: Dug up a patch request for "toggle all notifications": http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...fications.html
    Last edited by Goyena; 03/31/2011 at 09:58 AM.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Not more than five minutes went by for me to register at beta.ndrive.com and receive the download link, so while it may not be open, ot went pretty damn fast. That said, the eligibility for the beta may be based on other criteria; perhaps they had not yet had their quota for Pre 2 Webos2.1 devices in France.

-text on stinginess deleted---

Launching now the beta now (indoors)...;-)

update: ndrive provides a way to obtain free maps for the beta on their beta forum
    Goyena, how did you get the serial ? was it in the same email as the link ?
    I've had 3 emails, first welcoming to forum, second account activated, third containing link to app, but no serial.
    I've sent a email back to admin but heard nothing.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Got an answer to my post!
    goyena wrote:
    Some testers (and I) have not received serial codes for obtaining maps. Please let us know how and when you can do this. I'd like to ramp up this test a bit!!!
    moving day!

Hi!

We are moving offices today and things are a bit chaotic... we'll try to provide you with serials before tomorrow so you all can try the app during the weekend.

Sorry again about this.
    This probably explains why they didn't announce the availability of the beta in their twitter feed. They didn't want to get overwhelmed while they are still unpacking boxes. According to Wikipedia it's a 60 person company; that ain't big!
    Got an answer to my post!

moving day!

This probably explains why they didn't announce the availability of the beta in their twitter feed. They didn't want to get overwhelmed while they are still unpacking boxes. According to Wikipedia it's a 60 person company; that ain't big!
    I've got something different. I've been told my product will automatically appear in my downloads (without me entering a serial). It hasn't yet though. I've asked them if there is a delay.
    OK, got an update. I have received the same response regarding the move. I have been told that they will try to get the maps to me before the weekend. Also, their customer support has been excellent, even though I'm not yet a customer.
    Keep us posted! I'm hoping for ndrive to become a possibility for me (Pre Plus VZW) some day.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    No IMEI in device info, I searched it, IMEI is GSM phones only, my CDMA Pre 2 has a MEID.
    CDMA people, try to reregister. NDrive posted today that they modified the info requested to something more radio-agnostic.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not a lot of news today, but I thought I would post it. I am in contact with a person at NDrive regarding the maps. She emailed me today to ask if I had received the map, to which I replied no. I never got an answer back after that one, but it's nice to know that they are still working on it, even on a Saturday.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Ditto here: Mariana Salvaterra from Quality Assurance? She told me I was granted "usage rights" till the end of the month and to extend I should provide feedback on the forums.

I wrote back thanking her for a Saturday mail, but that I still can't download w/o a serial code.

That was around 6pm Paris time. No response yet. Wonder if she works on a Sunday?
    CDMA people, try to reregister. NDrive posted today that they modified the info requested to something more radio-agnostic.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I entered a random number for the IMEI and although I never got an email, I was approved-I was able to log in, downloaded the app and sent a request for a map. now I wait for their reply.
    After reading a tweet about the beta I started to look:
    So I registered on their Beta Site Friday(1 April), but still have to receive
    a second conformation mail which lets me use the forums..
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I entered a random number for the IMEI and although I never got an email, I was approved-I was able to log in, downloaded the app and sent a request for a map. now I wait for their reply.
    You might want to update your profile somewhere along the line. I believe that NDrive is keying the maps to a unique device ID. So if they do send you a serial, the downloaded map might not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I just did and I never received that second confirmation email.
    Same here! (my fault; tried to login with email instead of user-name )
    Just requested Benelux map serial
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    They are refunding the maps I bought - really great company!

I'm just having one issue - a camera which is on the map that doesnt alert in nDrive. Others are fine...most odd!
    For crying out loud. I had my device ID wrong. I used I's instead of 1's, something I should have noticed as the the whole thing is in Hex.

I could have had my map on Friday. Now I have to wait
    I got my email this morning, no serial #, the map I requested was loaded in the store, I just had to download it. 2.3GB, took about 2 hours over cellular connection, I will begin testing when I leave work!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast