Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    @draecos : Nice post; WebOS is due @NDrive in a week or so 4:50 AM Mar 21st via TweetDeck in reply to draecos
    Meeting time, topics; WebOS; NDrive Android 11; Look @ me mom FB contest; NDrive PND Windows Mobile and Symbian updater...Be right back about 20 hours ago via TweetDeck
    ...Should be any day now!
    This would make me HAVE to bump my Pre+ up to webOS 2.x!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Can I haz now?
    Our Q&A team currently working on WebOS for fine tuning #webos #HP #palmpre 30 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    Please hurry, I really want this now!
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I downloaded the beta release last night, and purchased the UK and Irish maps for 19 Euros.

Its a really nice app, here are my initial observations (please note this is still a beta);

1) Great at getting a GPS fix - really fast - even connects in my house and office
    2) Love the interface, could be a little more tied into WebOs, eg gesture area does nothing
    3) Got a little confused when I diverted from the recommended route, although re-calculated ok after a short time.
    4) Didnt get any Safty Camera warnings
    5) Clock is wrong (1 hour out)
    6) Battery indication is wrong.

avnera has already reported some of these issues and potential fixes in the Ndrive Beta forum, but to be honest I'l take it as it is right now. Loads better than tomtom on my windows mobile!

avnera do you get safty camera warnings?
    My ultimate aim is to be able to use this as part of my car-touchstone-bluetooth audio solution. One of the things that I would like is nice audio integration. Navit doesn't do such a bad job of it at the moment, it's just a pitty about the rest of it. Things like music volume dipping when instructions come in, and muting during a phone call are quite important to me. Can you confirm any of this?
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casion View Post
    My ultimate aim is to be able to use this as part of my car-touchstone-bluetooth audio solution. One of the things that I would like is nice audio integration. Navit doesn't do such a bad job of it at the moment, it's just a pitty about the rest of it. Things like music volume dipping when instructions come in, and muting during a phone call are quite important to me. Can you confirm any of this?
    Unfortunately not. My stupid bluetooth kit from VW has a wire missing (which is apparently unavailable in the UK!) resulting in the phone making an A2DP connection to the kit, but nothing comes from the stereo.

I made such a fuss about this with VW they gave me the money back and left me keep the kit.

Sorry.

Where are you in the UK?
    Is the beta open? I'd like to try it.
    I've downloaded the beta version now and I am waiting for the map. I'm in Milton Keynes.
    I've got a after-market sony stereo solution, so I guess I'll test myself once I get access. I have to say that I'm a bit worried about the speed of the app so far. I think my Plus is going to struggle with this.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Is the beta version in the App Catalog? Can't find it over the feeds, nor on the beta.ndrive.com forum ( just registered there, and there are like 3 posts, and onl one category: windows CE!)

update: register to the forum and wait for account activation. after two automatically generated mails, I got a third one with a link to the beta. "Beta3"
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if the beta is open or not. i had to wait several days to get access to the forum, and they gave me the link last night, which when clicked with my pre opened the app catalogue and off I went.

They did gracefully decine to give me a map - I had to buy that. Casion I think it will struggle on your Pre.

If you can get into the forums the link is in the thread I started under the same username as here.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Not more than five minutes went by for me to register at beta.ndrive.com and receive the download link, so while it may not be open, ot went pretty damn fast. That said, the eligibility for the beta may be based on other criteria; perhaps they had not yet had their quota for Pre 2 Webos2.1 devices in France.

-text on stinginess deleted---

Launching now the beta now (indoors)...;-)

update: ndrive provides a way to obtain free maps for the beta on their beta forum
    Last edited by Goyena; 03/31/2011 at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I'm not sure if the beta is open or not. i had to wait several days to get access to the forum, and they gave me the link last night, which when clicked with my pre opened the app catalogue and off I went.

They did gracefully decine to give me a map - I had to buy that. Casion I think it will struggle on your Pre.

If you can get into the forums the link is in the thread I started under the same username as here.
    Yes, I've already seen your name there. I'm not going to discuss the Beta anymore here just in case. I think eligibility is key here.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @robdos In ndrive's forum there are instructions on how to obtain a serial to download a map for free.
    I guess this is for gsm devices only, registering asks for an imei, I don't have an imei on my Verizon Pre 2 (at least not that I can find).
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    go to the app device Info and press MORE INFO
    or dial
    *#06# on the telephone keypad
    Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    @robdos In ndrive's forum there are instructions on how to obtain a serial to download a map for free.
    I know, but they never reply
    No IMEI in device info, I searched it, IMEI is GSM phones only, my CDMA Pre 2 has a MEID.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdos View Post
    I downloaded the beta release last night, and purchased the UK and Irish maps for 19 Euros.

Its a really nice app, here are my initial observations (please note this is still a beta);

1) Great at getting a GPS fix - really fast - even connects in my house and office
    2) Love the interface, could be a little more tied into WebOs, eg gesture area does nothing
    3) Got a little confused when I diverted from the recommended route, although re-calculated ok after a short time.
    4) Didnt get any Safty Camera warnings
    5) Clock is wrong (1 hour out)
    6) Battery indication is wrong.

avnera has already reported some of these issues and potential fixes in the Ndrive Beta forum, but to be honest I'l take it as it is right now. Loads better than tomtom on my windows mobile!

avnera do you get safty camera warnings?

sorry, I've missed your post.
    I got safety cameras, but sometimes of the opposite side... :-(
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    @robdoc Ah. That's what you called "gracefully"? I'm gracefully insisting. That's no way to run a beta test.

@broncot. Sorry! Now I know. According to the forum, the IMEI is for obtaining maps.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast