Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I too used nDrive very happily for months on my AT&T Veer. Stopped working about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't recovered from it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, doctored the Veer, then reinstalled... And most recently tried the full procedure suggested on page 9 here (thanks for posting). Still nDrive quits less than a minute after launch every time.

I'll keep watching this thread, but for the moment I'm very grumpily going back to AT&T Navigator. Rrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrose View Post
    I too used nDrive very happily for months on my AT&T Veer. Stopped working about 2 weeks ago, and I haven't recovered from it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, doctored the Veer, then reinstalled... And most recently tried the full procedure suggested on page 9 here (thanks for posting). Still nDrive quits less than a minute after launch every time.

I'll keep watching this thread, but for the moment I'm very grumpily going back to AT&T Navigator. Rrrrr.
    Has the developer responded? Are they going to fix this app? I need a good nav app for my veer but I'm not gonna pay $25 if its buggy and I have to turn off data in order to use it....
    I'm in the same boat - it just closes seconds after opening. Have mailed them, but they aren't much good with the support from my past experiences. Here's hoping there's a fix. Things like this do underline the issues webOS faces.
    If anyone gets a solution or a response, post it and I will do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
    If anyone gets a solution or a response, post it and I will do the same.
    Had the same problem wife's Pre 2 (am on AT&T so no ATT Navigator) and N Drive worked fine until mid-February. I read solution on page 9 here and still had problems until I installed Data Toggle (Zinge). This leaves on the GPS and Phone carrier but turns off the data which seems to be the bug in NDrive. There is a no vibrate version available also. No data means no email or web service during map use but she can live with that since she isn't using it for long trips.
    renater likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by marknyack View Post
    Had the same problem wife's Pre 2 (am on AT&T so no ATT Navigator) and N Drive worked fine until mid-February. I read solution on page 9 here and still had problems until I installed Data Toggle (Zinge). This leaves on the GPS and Phone carrier but turns off the data which seems to be the bug in NDrive. There is a no vibrate version available also. No data means no email or web service during map use but she can live with that since she isn't using it for long trips.
    That's a good shout mate - nice one. I actually have a Pre 3 as well, but I do quite a bit of driving and can't really move to it until Ndrive sort this whole mess out. Will post any responses I get here, may be of some use. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Recently downloaded and just bought/downloaded US maps. It seems to be working fine just playing with it at home. I have a trip into Atlanta tomorrow. I know the route, but it'll be a chance to give Ndrive a try.
    Diogo, from the NDrive beta tester support team, has kindly extended my maps usage rights. I also asked him about when this fantastic app will reach the catalog, but he doesn't know: "Regarding the NDrive in webOS catalog I can't give you any news since I'm not aware of the actual process status"
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I think the Ndrive application support for webos is dead. They have know for several weeks that there is a major problem with the app and have not resolved the issue. It worked, someone made a change to the app, now it does not work. It seems that the change that was implemented would be simple enough to figure out. What good is an app that can't use data when the app is based on using data? Data is required to download maps to the phone- if I decided to add maps to my phone it would be a catch-22, you can only download via online to your phone, app does not work when the phone is online. Data is required to use the features touted by the developer while using the app-but the app does not support data usage while open. I bet it would work great in Antarctica.http://cdn-forums.webosnation.com/im...milies/mad.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by trippert57 View Post
    I think the Ndrive application support for webos is dead.
    You know who to blame for anything webOS-wise acting zombie...

What good is an app that can't use data when the app is based on using data?
    I've red about that several times, it's amazing, as other people are enjoying this app without problems whatsoever. At least one forum member has even bought the official, expensive map license, even though NDrive itself is supposed not to exist on webOS...
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    I have the same damned trouble here!!! I hate that the app shuts off every time I start the 3G connection!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Mine does not retrieve its license since 224...
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...icationid=9026 <---install this and redownload your map, it works! (Ndrive beta 6)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikun View Post
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...icationid=9026 <---install this and redownload your map, it works! (Ndrive beta 6)
    It works!!!! Yeahhhh I like this one.....it's seems to be better than the catalog one!!!

Thanks for the advice!!!
    El Sendero del Samurai: Lealtad, Paz Interna, Paciencia y Meditar a los pies de Buda

Samsung Galaxy S4 + Root / HP TouchPad 4G + CM10 / iPod Touch 5 + Jailbreak 6.1.3
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Excuse my ignorance,

I would like to see how the maps work. I have a downloaded map. Can you tell me in what folder I should put the map in my Palm Pre2? I have tried to put the map of Italy that I have (ITA_NT.map) in /media/internal/appdata/com.ndrive.palmbeta012/ but the NDRIVE does not see it.

Please advise
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnubo View Post
    Excuse my ignorance,

I would like to see how the maps work. I have a downloaded map. Can you tell me in what folder I should put the map in my Palm Pre2? I have tried to put the map of Italy that I have (ITA_NT.map) in /media/internal/appdata/com.ndrive.palmbeta012/ but the NDRIVE does not see it.

Please advise
    You have to go deeper. There's a /maps folder in the directory you mentioned above. Stick it there.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Thank you Goyena but sorry there was no /Maps folder. Creating one does not help (I tried your advice by creating the folder which was non-existent) and I moved the map into it but the ndrive could not see it. Maybe my PalmPre2 works differently from your PalmPre3 in terms of the folders where things are stored.

I am reliably informed that the license of these maps depends on the device id that is sent when you purchase the maps from inside ndrive. As I have not yet purchased any map from within the ndrive, there is no maps folder and probably it will not work.

In any case, I am not willing to buy a map before I can truly see that this is what I need. I have to test it first.

What is more, they have maps for my country Kenya only on iPhone; it does not seem to be out on other platform yet (see the advertised ndrive for Kenya on iphone: NDrive Kenya iPhone application - AppStoreHQ)
    Last edited by Egnubo; 05/08/2012 at 06:10 AM. Reason: clarity
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So, I got the way to install the file so that it is visible:
    I copied the file to:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ndrive.******/maps
    (the ***** part is different depending on which beta you've installed.)

The maps can be saved by using WOSQI to download the file from the apps' "maps" folder. If that means nothing to you, than use Internalz to browse to:

Note that if the map is still not visible, it is enough to change the name by removing _NT (so xyz_NT.map becomes xyz.map)

However, I am still looking for maps for Kenya or East Africa. They are not there in NDrive.com and yet there is iPhone Ndrive Kenya (a bit expensive @ 79 USD which is available at NDrive Kenya iPhone application - AppStoreHQ). I have tried to write to them unsuccessfully so far.
    Hello!
    I move the Iberia maps from android but i can't activate it.
    How can i activate the maps?
    Well I thought I was the only one having ndrive close itself especially over 3G. Turned off data and seems to help but too soon to tell. Anyway I found something bout touchpad pdk apps closing themselves due to the app thinking it doesn't have enough ram or something like that. Gonna see if this could be the case with phones too
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast