1.    #1  
    Hello folks, I'm feeling a little despondent today as my second Palm Pre is starting to exhibit digitizer issues (the dreaded "phantom" digitizer disease) and I expect it to get worse like my first Pre and eventually die
    The worst news is that the Pre3 is not going to be on sale till at least June and there is no inkling of what HP's global marketing plans are. Heck if the Touchpad isn't going to be sold this year in Australia, I don't have much hope for webOS devices in Asiapac.

Anyway the best way to counteract despondency is to code so I have managed to complete an update to Shots, which is Shots 2011.

Shots by STFM 2011 is derived from the Recommended Childhood and Adolescent Immunization Schedules - United States, 2011, and the Recommended Adult Immunization Schedule - United States, January 2011, but is not an exact copy. It contains the Immunization Schedules : Childhood and adolescent schedules updated February 2011 Adult schedule, and medical and other conditions schedule updated February 2011 Combination vaccine section added September 2008, updated February 2011
    This app is in BETA and the installation link is being released here for testing and informing me (in this thread) if there are any bugs/errors etc.

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

You can check the app against the just published Shots Online 2011.
    The Group on Immunization Education of the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    You are seriously the WebOS Medicine Man! Thanks for yet another great piece of work for the community. I will try out ASAP.

Sure hope your Pre makes it to June. I am waiting for then, too, as I want a Pre3 and to junk my Android phone and Epocrates, and just go with LexiComp. So I will be getting a lot of mileage out of this app then, and testing before then on call days, etc, when it is just easier to use my Pre for the medical apps.

Now if I can just find my Pre after the kids played Valentines Angry Birds on it this weekend....
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Tried Shots 2011 today. Worked great.

However, a few days ago, I updated my Samsung Epic to Android 2.2, the first OS upgrade it had yet. It killed off some medical apps.... but this was supposed to be the superphone of the rocket OS that is taking over the planet! Not to mention that the GPS and Bluetooth-car interface just doesn't work very long or often, even after the update.

So--- I reactivated my Palm Pre, and deactivated the Samsung Epic, which is now a very attractive Angry Birds box for my kids to play on...

Hope your Pre makes it till the Pre3 comes out PalmDoc - I'm praying mine does, too!
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 02/28/2011 at 11:21 AM.
    i hope furture i will take an good palm :d
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Shots 2011 seems to work well so far. Top Row on my medical apps page on my new re-invigorated Pre. I will have to use it in clinic, but seems pretty solid in a little bit of testing.
  6.    #6  
    There will be some changes in the 2011 beta as not everything is finalised yet. I am liaising with STFM.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    sounds great. It would be good to see WebOS as an app link on the Shots website, as PalmOS was the original platform it was on.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    sounds great. It would be good to see WebOS as an app link on the Shots website, as PalmOS was the original platform it was on.
    It should be as this will be the "official" app
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I just tried downloading today's update for my Pre, and the Beta feed said 'not available for your device'.

Is this a WebOS 2 and up app only?

If it is, I may have to bite the bullet and meta-Doctor my Pre!
  10.    #10  
    I am not sure why as I set it to "requires minimum websOS 1.4.5" and so it should work for 1.4.5 and above. Strange it won't let me install it on my Pre 2!
    Hangon - I think the pixi box was checked but not the Pre - updating the metadata now and hopefully that should fix things : have to wait about 24 hours for the changes to take effect.
    Direct install link is:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...stfm.shots2011
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    thanks!
  12.    #12  
    Update is now working and you should be able to install it on your Pre/Preplus/Pre2
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Installed on my Pre, and works great for vax. I kind of liked the other icon, though :>

Also good that the extra dose of Hep B in the combo vax's is mentioned (permissible). I have to educate nurses on that, as some very conscientiously worry about an "extra dose".

Excellent service to the WebOS medical community and our patients!
  14.    #14  
    Glad you mentioned the icon. I kinda liked the old one but this blue one is the "official" icon
  15.    #15  
    Shots 2011 is now out in the official App Catalog