Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Really need to have Skype running on my phone, so I was very glad to hear it will be available with webOS 2.0. Does anyone have this? How does it run? I really need the chat and im features more than the calling. I work from home and my company keeps connected through skype. We have a daily chat running and I need to stay online and show as available. My question is how well does skype messaging work on webOS 2.0? It would be nice to log on from my phone and be able to take off here and there without having to bring my computer with me.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    i think if u get pre2 on verizon it is included as part of the phone app...with the pre 3 they will add video though...
    Yes, Skype is not a separate app in 2.X. It is there but incorporated into the native phone app, which is really legit.
  4.    #4  
    thanks, nice to know it is already built in. This will definitely make me get a pre 2.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I assume this will make it difficult neigh impossible to transfer to a non-VZ pre2
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Hope someone would port it to GSM Pre 2.......
    Thoughts to share:
    What about replacing the radio firmware of Verizon Pre 2 and doctor it on GSM Pre 2
    I believe the Verizon Pre 2 doctor is available now since the Pre 2 was released on that carrier.

**As always folks... please do not offer to share, or ask for copies of copy-written software.**
  9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    open up the verizon 2.0 doctor. open in winrar. extract verizon.tar. open verizon.tar in winrar. Get skype packages. install on pre 2.

( i don't have a pre 2 so i haven't been able to try the install part. )
    Quote Originally Posted by lifterjaydawg View Post
    Really need to have Skype running on my phone, so I was very glad to hear it will be available with webOS 2.0. Does anyone have this? How does it run? I really need the chat and im features more than the calling. I work from home and my company keeps connected through skype. We have a daily chat running and I need to stay online and show as available. My question is how well does skype messaging work on webOS 2.0? It would be nice to log on from my phone and be able to take off here and there without having to bring my computer with me.
    My exact situation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. SashoDikov
    extraction is trivial, question is it an enyo or mojo supporting the older devices. I will not get into the moral dilemma for the us big v exclusivity, but honestly don't see a problem hosting it on my unlocked euro gsm pre . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by GMTesta View Post
    My exact situation.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    IM+ offers Skype chat and IM. It doesn't support VOIP.
    IM+ Talk :: WebOS :: Products
    Let alone the Mojo/Enyo thing, I think it needs WebOS 2.0 to access the mic.
  14. SashoDikov
    im+ is a java refreshing webpage, I will be in heaven just for the synergy skype chat, I can pay for my minutes...
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    open up the verizon 2.0 doctor. open in winrar. extract verizon.tar. open verizon.tar in winrar. Get skype packages. install on pre 2.

( i don't have a pre 2 so i haven't been able to try the install part. )
    I found the two following files related to 'Skype':
    1. 'com.skype.app.skypesearchdirectory_1.0-12_armv7.ipk'
    2. 'skyped_1.0-27.5_armv7.ipk'

Tried to install them both with 'Quick Install v4.03', but all I got was the following error messages:

Code:
    Error: An error occurred while attempting to install com.skype.app.skypesearchdirectory_1.0-12_armv7.ipk

Package dependencies not satisfied.
    Code:
    Error: An error occurred while attempting to install 'skyped_1.0-27.5_armv7.ipk'

Package dependencies not satisfied.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 02/18/2011 at 04:42 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Well i put on my GSM Pre- manually with wifi ssh,and surprise i have the posibilitie to loguin or create skype mobile account but when i try i get an unknow error,i try to find in the core files of the app and i find this is a network error,i supose that is because the GSM Pre- is a umts fw and the Vrz Pre are cdma but the app says that func with wifi but the error are equal.

I have GSM pre- doctored with 2.0.1
    Maybe we also need to install com.palm.app.phone from Verizon firmware because Skype is tightly integrated into the dialer?
    Last edited by Pilotovef; 02/18/2011 at 05:30 AM.
    It probably has to be installed to root with commands:
    ipkg install /skyped_1.0-27.5_armv7.ipk.ipk
    ipkg install /com.skype.app.skypesearchdirectory_1.0-12_armv7
    Last edited by kbywal; 02/18/2011 at 09:07 AM.
    From webOSInternals on Twitter

"From what I can see from the Verizon Pre 2 doctor, the skype app is skype mobile only, using a vzw cellular phone call - it is not wifi VoIP"
    Twitter / WebOS Internals: From what I can see from t ...
    so w have to use the roam only patch to use it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast