Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I've released my second emulator for the Palm Pre, called NES.emu, on the App Catalog:

It emulates the NES & Famicom, including the Disk System. The mapper support is very good and the emulation itself is very accurate being based on FCEUX, better than Nesem. Runs at 60fps without any frame-skip and there's only some slight audio lag which might be caused by WebOS itself, though I'm looking into it. Enjoy and send me any feedback.

More info is available on my site and don't forget to check out my other apps PCE.emu and Puzzle Orbs as well. Thanks
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/16/2012 at 07:13 AM.
    very cool! def will try this out.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter883 View Post
    very cool! def will try this out.
    Thanks! There's also a video on the screenshots page if you want to see it in action. It shows the app running on an iPhone but the emulation is identical on all platforms, the Pre is just lacking auto-rotation (can be added in an update), and Wiimotes (can't work until Bluetooth is available to apps).
    It's a pretty good emulator. I hope there will be skin support with future updates. But I like it as it is now.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Very nice!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    any plans for pixi support?
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    +1
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    Pixi support is doable, unfortunately there's still no official means to ship an app with optimized binaries for both platforms and I don't want performance on the Pre to suffer as a result. Since there seems to be some demand for it though, I'll write a loader program that can select between Pixi/Pre optimized versions at app startup. Assuming it gets approved by Palm, I'll update all my apps with Pixi support.
    totally awesome!! Thanks. I'll be more than willing to test if you don't have a pixi.
  10.    #10  
    Good news, Palm Pixi support is ready and coming in the next update. I'll be submitting it to Palm within a day and Pixi support in my other apps will follow shortly afterwards. I've added a frameskip setting just in case it doesn't run full-speed but I'm under the impression the Pixi's specs are pretty decent. The full changelog can be found on my site (sorry, can't post direct links in the forum yet): explusalpha.com/home/nes-emu/updates
    How about that fancy pce.emu app to the pixi as well?

p.s. what about some sort of gameboy app? I'd pay for that.
    http://arktos.se/meboy/download.php

I'm sure it can be done on the pixi.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanjudo View Post
    How about that fancy pce.emu app to the pixi as well?

p.s. what about some sort of gameboy app? I'd pay for that.
    I'm sure it can be done on the pixi.
    Yep, a PCE.emu update with Pixi support is coming up next. As for gameboy, it's definitely possible as there's a number of emulators written in C that should be easily ported to WebOS.
    awesome!! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakashazi View Post
    Yep, a PCE.emu update with Pixi support is coming up next. As for gameboy, it's definitely possible as there's a number of emulators written in C that should be easily ported to WebOS.

Another Gameboy emulator would be nice, but I personally hope that you will also make an Atari and Sega emulator. The Stella Atari emulator is no longer supported and no longer works. So the WebOS needs a new Atari emulator. The WebOS doesn't currently have a Sega emulator, although I know Kalemsoft is working on one. Honestly though, the WebOS can never really have too many emulators to choose from. Look at all the emulators that exist for the AndroidOS. They have dozens of them. So please consider making more emulators for the WebOS.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

just wanna make sure everything trickles to the pixi go ahead an scan the forums, there's a lot of interest in emulators for the pixi

i'd pay! Others would pay there's definitely a market.
  16.    #16  
    I haven't yet decided on the next console I'll release an emu for, but I'll definitely announce it here.

Also, updated NES.emu with Pixi support is now live on the App Catalog, PCE.emu coming soon
  17.    #17  
    Anybody get it on their Pixi yet? Should I set the default frameskip to 1 in the future or is it running fine without it?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    very good!!
    Does that run fullscreen with full support of a wii-mote on the Pre like in the iOS video on the App Store?

-Suntan
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Does that run fullscreen with full support of a wii-mote on the Pre like in the iOS video on the App Store?
    It runs full screen in either portrait or landscape mode, you can set it up how you prefer in the options.

Sorry, Wiimotes are not supported due to WebOS limitations, but I'll add them if a future update from Palm allows apps to use custom bluetooth devices.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast