1.    #1  
    Will the 5-6K apps we have work with webOS 2.0? If the developers dont upgrade the code that means, we may be the only platform where apps are actually going down. This brings out the next point, last year it was MOJO, this year it is Enyo, will 2012 or 2014 bring out another new /different way of making apps.

Will Palm still continue to count apps in app catalog that only works with 1.4.x, even though no hardware is available for 1.4.x?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    <<title edited to add "work">>
    Most of them should work with no issues.
    Enyo, on the other hand, would require a code rewrite, but as I've read, they will work under 3.0 in an "emulation mode"
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I'm running 2.0.1 and have no problem running all the apps I had on my Sprint Pre.
  5.    #5  
    hmmm emulation window.......
    This is what I'm concerned about after reading all the "hate hate hate!!!" threads that are flooding the forums. So the consensus is that webOS 1.4.5 applications will almost all seemlessly work on webOS 2.x devices? If I got a Palm Pre 2 on Verizon, my apps on my Palm Profile would download and work for me?
  7.    #7  
    It will be just like classics, old apps will work like classic palm OS apps worked in pre minus
    For TouchPad (3.x) it will be more like a small card with an indepent gesture area, for 2.x most apps work with no modifications
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    hmmm emulation window.......
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    For TouchPad (3.x) it will be more like a small card with an indepent gesture area, for 2.x most apps work with no modifications
    My take is that the only reason they have to run in an emulation window on the TouchPad is due to lack of a gesture area. Again, my opinion, not something from God (or insert deity of choice) to HP to me.
  10.    #10  
    I wonder if the legacy apps will go classic way, support for a year or two and then no ROM.
    The emulation window was in reference to the TouchPad. Not sure how they will work with the phones.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    The emulation window was in reference to the TouchPad. Not sure how they will work with the phones.
    I believe the new phones will natively support Mojo apps.

Sent from my HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I wonder if the legacy apps will go classic way, support for a year or two and then no ROM.
    That's not true.

It has been discussed many times here that Palm DID lay the groundwork to keep Classic in 2.0. Palm intended to MotionApps to include the ROM in their own app. They needed the extra 10MB of space because 2.0 requires much more space (and the system partition IS limited to just under 500MB, which makes 10MB a BIG difference)

MotionApps just jumped the gun and made incorrect assumptions without getting all of the facts from their contacts at Palm.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Most apps will continue to work fine.

Some apps, however, will need to be redone (at least partially). Nobody can give extensive details yet though, but I know that Palm will inform developers of all of this when the webOS 2.1 SDK goes public (I say 2.1 because that's what Palm announced at the Think Beyond event on Wednesday)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup