Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    So I checked out the new Pre3, Veer, and TouchPad today. Cool stuff, though I think the Veer will fall as flat as the other mini-smarts. I like the Pre3 a lot, and one of those and a TouchPad, along with my HP ePrinter, will be a great combination for couch surfing at home, working anywhere.

However, now I have a Samsung Epic to unload this summer. Ironically, I got it because the Pre was going to get an OTA-pushed WebOS2 update that would kill the PalmOS emulator with Epocrates Essentials, "by the end of the year" and I didn't want to wake up without my most important tool available.

Yet today, along with the Pre3 and Touchpad/WebOS3 goodness, we hear that there is no WebOS2 OTA update for the Pre... lol! (anyone want to buy a 4 mo old Sprint Samsung Epic?)

PS - in the meantime, Android sucks compared to WebOS. I am just going to see if I can get by with LexiComp instead. No formularies, BUT I have noticed that lately, the Epocrates formularies are WRONG fairly often, and I keep getting the dreaded "not covered" faxes from the pharmacies anyway. So what's the point?
    Agree with the Android bit. I have a HTC Desire to play around and 2.2 is just pitiful compared with the webOS 1.45 UI and UX. I still hope Medscape will come out with a webOS version of their app which should cover the Epocrates hole. Hope you guys have continued to pester Medscape.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I have just started checking out the LexiComp drugs and interactions. Not as concise as Epocrates, but more solid info. In a climate where fewer insurances are covering new meds anyway, the Epocrates formulary advantage is fading, and perhaps that is why their formularies are getting out of date.

Not sure what you meant about Medscape and the Epocrates hole? Medscape has good medical news and topical commentaries; is there something else they offer that Epocrates does?

Bring on Pre3!
    medscape has drug info as well.
    and drug interaction too.

can't remember who in LOOT originally posted this...this is definitely reproduced without permission
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    LOL - but in case you missed it -

Irony is when I bought an Android phone in October because my Pre was going to get OTA'd to 2.0 by the end of the year, thereby killing Epocrates which resides in Classic which doesn't run under 2.0.

In the meantime, Epocrates announces they will cease to support WebOS, and their WebOS product will expire come June.

Then in Feb, we find out no OTA at all to 2.0, so Epocrates will stay alive and well on Classic on Pre's, but dead on WebOS for Pre2/3/Veer etc.

Furthermore, I am not the only one. In the Sprint Epic Android Central forum, there are a lot of posts by former Pre users.

Just a wee bit of expectation reversal.
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 02/22/2011 at 12:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Android is the only OS I haven't tried. So it's helpful to hear the impressions of webOS users. I'm not eager to switch over unless HP's efforts tank. (At least HP won't go under any time soon)
    I've used iOS epocrates and it's slower and less stable than the defunct webOS version. Mentioned it to epocrates and got a high level person there at at least hear that.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Back on my Pre, I'm not looking back! There are some good apps on Android OS, but the user experience just isn't good enough to make it worth it. I much prefer not having to start ANY program to look up something or make a call or go to my apps. I just type a few letters on my Pre, and tap the target - app or name or "Google" or "Wikipedia". And only one calendar, one contact list, One Ring to bind them all.....
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post

can't remember who in LOOT originally posted this...this is definitely reproduced without permission
    That would be me

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums