Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    H/P with all its money and muscle power, couldnt convince netflix to release an official app to watch streaming movies on touch pad. I dont know if I should wait for touch pad to come out for just buy the IPAD-2 when it comes out.

Just got a kindle app, no skype till "coming months".

It is sad to see not major support for touch pad in apps. I thought they would bring big names like netflix, chase with check less deposits and fruit ninja and other cute games. But no.

My wish is they have better calendar, email and google maps in webOS 3.0
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/14/2011 at 12:43 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up before release. In one of the early pictures from the event showing "cloud companies", Netflix was one of the logos on the backdrop. But if the app wasn't ready to demo they probably didn't want to discuss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbraun View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up before release. In one of the early pictures from the event showing "cloud companies", Netflix was one of the logos on the backdrop. But if the app wasn't ready to demo they probably didn't want to discuss it.
    Exactly! My concern is will Slingbox get off their butts and make an app before launch.
    Come on, guys...HP Movie Store. 'Nuff said. That's what HP thinks.
    Uuh, Flash anyone?
    Flash is in the Pre 2, no reason why it won't be in all future webOS devices.
    There's at least 5 long months before the wifi-only version releases. No reason why there couldn't be a Netflix app by then.
    My point was that sure it's nice with dedicated apps, but don't buy into the mindset of that other company. If they decide to cripple their devices, which creates a need, we don't need to fill that need in our ecosystem as well
    I was very underwhelmed by the lack of software offerings today. No Netflix. no hulu Plus, no Nook. Just Kindle and maybe only on the TouchPad.

--MGb
    http://www.twitter.com/DeadTechnology - All things geeky (mostly Palm)
    http://www.twitter.com/oneminutecubs - All things Cubs
    again, apps are hps achilles heel. Netflix and hulus websites will not work on the touchpad guaranteed.
    Flash and dual 1.2 ghz chips, i thin the website will run just fine, app or not. Hell the ipad app is basically a wrapper for the website so what is the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    again, apps are hps achilles heel. Netflix and hulus websites will not work on the touchpad guaranteed.
    You know nothing, like the rest of us. Wait till it is demoed and the demos will come.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Netflix website uses Silverlight, IIRC, not Flash.
    Oh yeah, thank you for that. Forgot it was silverlight. Well then an app is needed, my bad. But come on, it will come.
    There's a 0% chance Netflix would come without HP dropping some serious cash. I remember I read an article in which the CEO or some high dude in Netflix said that Netflix on iOS had brought little to no new users. With the install base of iOS, just imagine how many webOS would bring.
    No Netfix, yet, you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Flash is in the Pre 2, no reason why it won't be in all future webOS devices.
    Except that Netflix doesn't use or support Flash. On your desktop, you must use Silverlight.
    They may have expected many new users with the ipad app, but it's really shortsighted. They assumed ipad customers aren't already netflix subscribers. Seriously, that's really shortsighted if that's truly the case. Didn't netflix just release some news that they have 20 million subscribers? I'd wonder how many of those subscribers own an ipad. I wonder how many want the new touchpad when it'll be released.

I'd wonder, on top of that, how many people will subscribe to netflix just because they are buying a touchpad. I'm sure their subscriber base is hitting a plateau especially with competitors jumping into the mix.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    There's a 0% chance Netflix would come without HP dropping some serious cash. I remember I read an article in which the CEO or some high dude in Netflix said that Netflix on iOS had brought little to no new users. With the install base of iOS, just imagine how many webOS would bring.
    tomski808 likes this.
    yeah but they're testing html 5. That's the future.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Except that Netflix doesn't use or support Flash. On your desktop, you must use Silverlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    They may have expected many new users with the ipad app, but it's really shortsighted. They assumed ipad customers aren't already netflix subscribers. Seriously, that's really shortsighted if that's truly the case. Didn't netflix just release some news that they have 20 million subscribers? I'd wonder how many of those subscribers own an ipad. I wonder how many want the new touchpad when it'll be released.

I'd wonder, on top of that, how many people will subscribe to netflix just because they are buying a touchpad. I'm sure their subscriber base is hitting a plateau especially with competitors jumping into the mix.

What do you think?
    Hacking NetFlix : Netflix Redesigning API; Huge Growth Due to Hundreds of Streaming Devices

That may answer your question.
    I'm waiting to see something out of Amazon for the VOD service.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast