Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Yet, you attempting to restate it also give incorrect restatement.

It is not the silverlight plug-in that is important, it is the Microsoft PlayReady DRM built inside silverlight that is important. A third party building a silverlight plug-in without Microsoft's PlayReady DRM would not do much anyway.
    Umm I am not giving incorrect anything; I never said that the DRM wasn't the important part of the issue. There were posts about why Netflix can't be accessed in the browser and that is because of no Silverlight because even if DRM was resolved, you still can't access the web page version of Netflix without it.

Regardless, this thread should just be closed or merged already. There are so many other threads about it and people don't read what was previously posted so the same questions are asked over and over.
    I am, therefore I think
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    You used the word "or" --- as in hopefully DRM or (3rd party) Silverlight --- when the word "and" should be used.
    Totally a typo
    I am, therefore I think
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Netflix instant streaming + Redbox is the way to go.

YUP!
  5.    #105  
    I know an app was in works, do you think netflix will still make one?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I'd like to feel that Netflix is going to make one, but I feel they're just going to ignore all of us and in a month or two some hacker/dev will get some way to do it.
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by aeharding View Post
    I'd like to feel that Netflix is going to make one, but I feel they're just going to ignore all of us and in a month or two some hacker/dev will get some way to do it.
    Esp if all those android people get on it they may hack the android version to TP. that is some project for them, somebody request them please.
    LOL. Listen, when they announced the touchpad, they played that combat flight game. Imagine that, it's not even in the app catalog. And he bragged that the game only took a few days to port to webOS. And alas, we don't even have it. Go figure. If you wonder why you don't see a netflix app, grin and bear it. Unless a miracle pops out in the news in the next few days, there won't be a netflix app.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    Sprint Pre - Resting in peace | Touchpad - Stock and still running like new
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    Someone should just port the android or iphone version all rouge like and toss it around the interwebs and let us install it mannually..

how hard could that be ? :-P

i am not a programer so I will just assume its easy! get it done folks! lol
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Someone should just port the android or iphone version all rouge like and toss it around the interwebs and let us install it mannually..

how hard could that be ? :-P

i am not a programer so I will just assume its easy! get it done folks! lol
    I dont know if those XDA developers would do it, anyone knows them
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcmandan View Post
    LOL. Listen, when they announced the touchpad, they played that combat flight game. Imagine that, it's not even in the app catalog. And he bragged that the game only took a few days to port to webOS. And alas, we don't even have it. Go figure. If you wonder why you don't see a netflix app, grin and bear it. Unless a miracle pops out in the news in the next few days, there won't be a netflix app.

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    That game was a tech demo, not a real game.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Right now.

Not technically a dedicated app for it but streaming it over the network. PC handles all the silverlight, drm, etc. bs. Good enough.

Get the top 50 of the Instant Que, latest tv and movie lists. Not too bad.

Just use playon and get a ton more than just Netflix. (I am cancelling netflix because of the price increase anyway) Dirty greedy @$#@!'s. But it is possible to watch on the Touchpad.

Runs good. Only a couple of bufferings. And that is more than likely from me walking around with it and getting a weak wifi signal.
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by ben.dover View Post
    Right now.

Not technically a dedicated app for it but streaming it over the network. PC handles all the silverlight, drm, etc. bs. Good enough.

Just use playon and get a ton more than just Netflix. (I am cancelling netflix because of the price increase anyway) Dirty greedy @$#@!'s. But it is possible to watch on the Touchpad.

Runs good. Only a couple of bufferings. And that is more than likely from me walking around with it and getting a weak wifi signal.
    only thing is I dont want to pay playon on top of netflix
    Just use playon and get a ton more than just Netflix. (I am cancelling netflix because of the price increase anyway) Dirty greedy @$#@!'s.
    Don't blame Netflix. The studios didn't realize how popular streaming would be, so Netflix was able to sign cheap contracts for streaming content. Those contracts are all expiring soon, and the studios are now asking much more money for streaming content, so Netflix has to raise prices to be able to afford the new contracts with the studios.

Again, not Netflix's fault. Blame the greedy studios who want the best of all worlds.
    vanzanthp likes this.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattor View Post
    Don't blame Netflix. The studios didn't realize how popular streaming would be, so Netflix was able to sign cheap contracts for streaming content. Those contracts are all expiring soon, and the studios are now asking much more money for streaming content, so Netflix has to raise prices to be able to afford the new contracts with the studios.

Again, not Netflix's fault. Blame the greedy studios who want the best of all worlds.
    Truth.
    vanzanthp likes this.
  16.    #116  
    man these music industry and movie studios must make a ton of money
    Global Posts
    2,060 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    man these music industry and movie studios must make a ton of money
    Except that they actually don't.

You make money as a distributor of content. You don't make money as a creator of content.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by samab View Post
    Except that they actually don't.

You make money as a distributor of content. You don't make money as a creator of content.
    Seinfeld personally made 350 million for the last season
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Don't have to be worried about it now, it definitely is not coming.
    Right now.

Wait, how are you doing this? What app or method are you using?
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast