Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gianf150 View Post
    You can use the Hotspot on your Palm Pre when on the road.
    That would way too slow.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I remember seeing a statement from Netflix a year or so ago somewhere around the time that they released the iPhone app where they said that they were dedicated to making an app for all mobile operating systems and they did specifically mention WebOS at that time. The time frame was before the app for MS and Android came out... wish I could find the link.
  3.    #63  
    netflix why use silverlight, why not have also a HTML-5 solution?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Because HTML5's DRM is terrible compared to flash/silverlight.
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    There's at least 5 long months before the wifi-only version releases. No reason why there couldn't be a Netflix app by then.
    There is this small matter of Jon Ruby on Amazon's board. Its a three way fight between Netflix, Amazon and Apple. With Netflix dominating movies, Apple songs and Amazon in between.
    I really wish we had netflix or the comcast xfinity app.
    I don't want a netflix app.. what I want is for webos to support silverlight. Is that too much to ask ?
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    I don't want a netflix app.. what I want is for webos to support silverlight. Is that too much to ask ?
    H/P is slow really slow, I mean really really slow, so yes silverlight will come like in 2 years.
    WP7 doesn't even have silverlight in browser yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by rubenfan View Post
    What particular Silverlight applications are you wanting to use?
    Quote Originally Posted by richip View Post
    What particular Silverlight applications are you wanting to use?
    He wants to be able to go to the Netflix website since they use silverlight.

Sent from my HTC Evo.
  12.    #72  
    but windows 7 phone has a netflix app, why oh why oh why
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I really wish we had netflix or the comcast xfinity app.
    The xfinity tv website works great on the touchpad.

As for Netflix, the ceo is on MS's board.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    The one thing I think folks need to keep in mind is these apps are not going to just pop up over night. Developers, and business like Netflix are going to take some time, they are not just going to hire or direct a team to go hot and heavy in TouchPad development. Google wrote many of the apps for Android so they came quicker. It is going to take some time with HP. This is a new product, new OS, they are going to watch the development flow before just jumping in. Frustrating yes, but I'm afraid that is how it will be with many popular apps. Patience is not easy in this instant world of tech.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    The xfinity tv website works great on the touchpad.

As for Netflix, the ceo is on MS's board.
    Thanks for the tip on Xfinity! I didn't realize it was working. Now if only I could listen to voicemail!

Netflix > Playon. (until there's an app or a silverlight implementation.)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandlizard View Post
    The one thing I think folks need to keep in mind is these apps are not going to just pop up over night.
    I think most companies have had plenty of time to make a touchpad app. maybe a netflix one is a bit more involved but like those other companies and webproperties and even the ones that already have basic webos apps have had plenty of time. They've known about it for a long time. HP's owned the company for long enough to get out and get many companies on board.
    Last edited by SnotBoogie; 07/09/2011 at 08:32 PM.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Eh, it's partially true. It's why Netflix isn't available on Android yet (and will only be available on select Android devices in the future; DRM issues).
    no, only a few android devices have netflix because, according to netflix, the graphics drivers are device-specific so they have to be written for each individual device, instead of just creating a generic driver for netflix for all froyo devices.

What are the odds that netflix will write the necessary code for the touchpad? or the pre3?
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    no, only a few android devices have netflix because, according to netflix, the graphics drivers are device-specific so they have to be written for each individual device, instead of just creating a generic driver for netflix for all froyo devices.

What are the odds that netflix will write the necessary code for the touchpad? or the pre3?
    I have heard like by early 2012
    well this is honestly what will aid in my decision. Originally I wanted one, then got an ipad, then didn't want to leave the ipad due to its apps... But I've noticed that 75% of ipad apps (atleast on my ipad 1) crash all the time... And im so so so sick of it. The UI on webos is so much better but has less apps and lacks some small features of ios Id miss... But if the touchpad can run apps without crashing and closing them down all the time... And they do come up with Netflix (key app i won't give up) id be welling to take a dive and hope for the best. Might even get back into the development of the apps i was planning before i started loosing faith.

Point blank, Netflix is a must
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post

That's not the reason at all.

Sent from my HTC Evo.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast