Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    There's at least 5 long months before the wifi-only version releases. No reason why there couldn't be a Netflix app by then.
    Exactly. And with HP offering to develop any app for a dev, why would they say no? I would be surprised if we didn't see a Netflix app.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    HP expects to have 10,000 apps by tablet launch. It appears that they plan on doing alot of the coding themselves. I wouldn't be surprised to see a netflix app in time for launch. And given their 'music synergy' slip, I wouldn't be surprised to see 'movie synergy' with a number of video services tied into their video app.
  3.    #43  
    I guess since Palm's facebook app is better than facebook app for android/iPhone, H/P's app for netflix/amazon could be better than their actual apps.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    um maybe I missed the Post.... but you can just go to netflix.com and use their web interface if you have an account already. The TouchPad supports flash
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rpiatt View Post
    No rear-facing camera. And the 1.3 MP resolution camera isn't enough to capture good enough quality images for the processing fo the checks. 2MP required at a minimum.

Pre3/Veer snaps your check, touch2share with Touchpad, continue banking on the big screen. Voila.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littulb View Post
    um maybe I missed the Post.... but you can just go to netflix.com and use their web interface if you have an account already. The TouchPad supports flash
    Nope...Netflix uses, or used (I haven't been to their site in a while) Silverlight, not Flash.

Not EVERY site uses Flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpfef View Post
    Nope...Netflix uses, or used (I haven't been to their site in a while) Silverlight, not Flash.

Not EVERY site uses Flash.
    You are correct, that's still what they use.

Without it, you can only watch the movie trailers.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Donít know if this was already mentioned, but I just read that Android devices, running snapdragon processors, have been given the green light to access Netflix.

Yes, yes, boo-hiss for mentioning Android. But this is good news for us if it means the Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are ready-to-go hardware-wise for Netflix approval!

Android Devices Powered by Snapdragon Platform Can Now Access Netflix Content

-Suntan
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntan View Post
    Donít know if this was already mentioned, but I just read that Android devices, running snapdragon processors, have been given the green light to access Netflix.

Yes, yes, boo-hiss for mentioning Android. But this is good news for us if it means the Qualcomm Snapdragon processors are ready-to-go hardware-wise for Netflix approval!

Android Devices Powered by Snapdragon Platform Can Now Access Netflix Content

-Suntan
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this and providing the link.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Flash is in the Pre 2, no reason why it won't be in all future webOS devices.
    Unfortunately Netflix uses Silverlight, not Flash. Hulu should work though.
  11.    #51  
    They say Netflix will make an app by early 2012 or maybe just make their website flash or HTML-5 compatible, no need to develop and maintain apps then.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    They say Netflix will make an app by early 2012 or maybe just make their website flash or HTML-5 compatible, no need to develop and maintain apps then.
    You can watch Netflix on the TouchPad through Playon. I'm using their 14 day free trial now and trying to decide whether it's worth it ( $4.99 a month, $39.99 a year, or $79.99 for life.) or just wait for an app.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    You can watch Netflix on the TouchPad through Playon. I'm using their 14 day free trial now and trying to decide whether it's worth it ( $4.99 a month, $39.99 a year, or $79.99 for life.) or just wait for an app.

Thanks for the tip...Im not getting a warm fuzzy on the netflix app coming out anytime soon.

How do you use PlayOn on the TouchPad?
    I use it on my iPad all the time.
    Is there an app?
    Quote Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
    Thanks for the tip...Im not getting a warm fuzzy on the netflix app coming out anytime soon.
    I take it back..cant use it on the road only in the house since there isnt 3g for the touchpad..
  16.    #56  

I am already paying for netflix, why should I spend extra and watch it through another website?
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I am already paying for netflix, why should I spend extra and watch it through another website?
    You shouldn't. You should wait for netflix to be released some day.

But if you are impatient you have the option of using Playon to watch netflix now on your touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    How do you use PlayOn on the TouchPad?
    I use it on my iPad all the time.
    Is there an app?
    Um, you don't need an app for that: PlayOn (m.playon.tv)
    You can use the Hotspot on your Palm Pre when on the road.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    The original posts here are 5 months old. A lot of bets were placed on Netflix being released to WebOS on or before TP was released. I could have cleaned house
    Palm III -> Treo 90 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Sprint FrankenPixi+ -> Blackberry Bold 9930
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast