Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    My PS3 is a "streaming device"...

I don't see the relivence to his question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    My PS3 is a "streaming device"...

I don't see the relivence to his question.
    I'm sure their subscriber base is hitting a plateau especially with competitors jumping into the mix.
    If you browse the site on the link I posted, you'll see another chart that shows the explosion in subscriptions and how they continue to exponentially rise every month.
  3.    #23  
    I heard even the amazon kindle app is very basic and kind of usable as compared to great app on iphone and iPAD.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    I don't think there will be netflix anytime soon. WebOS needs some kind of DRM like silverlight but thats all microsoft. So I don't think content providers will let netflix support a device that can't protect there movies from pirates. The old ball and chains really sucks.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  5.    #25  
    so H/P will built there own netflix app, I heard
    Seriously guys. When you can actually buy the thing from the store, take a look at the apps available and then decide if it is worth your money. It's not that difficult.

Personally, if it doesn't have Netflix running nicely when I check it out in the store, I'll likely not buy it. Simple as that. But I'm betting it will have a Netflix app.

-Suntan
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    I don't think there will be netflix anytime soon. WebOS needs some kind of DRM like silverlight but thats all microsoft. So I don't think content providers will let netflix support a device that can't protect there movies from pirates. The old ball and chains really sucks.
    Not true. You can implement your own DRM using the PDK, which is how the Kindle app will work I bet.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    HP has stated that they'll create apps for companies like Netflix if Netflix doesn't want to create their own app.
  9.    #29  
    I hope they create a chase app that deposits checks,
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I heard even the amazon kindle app is very basic and kind of usable as compared to great app on iphone and iPAD.
    No. Kindle on webOS will end up being the most fully featured and integrated app. Amazon opened the APIs to HP. No other platform has that.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I am willing to bet that Netflix will be available by the time the TouchPad is shipping. There are probably a large number of partners that they are making plans with that will be finalized between now and launch.
    It wouldn't surprise me a great deal to see Amazon drop a lot of support for the iOS devices. There is a LOT of bad blood between Amazon and Apple. A LOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    That is no longer true, which is why they have a netflix app for iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That is no longer true, which is why they have a netflix app for iphone.
    Eh, it's partially true. It's why Netflix isn't available on Android yet (and will only be available on select Android devices in the future; DRM issues).
  15.    #35  
    The kindle app we saw on touch pad was very sluggish
    Quote Originally Posted by KallistiMan View Post
    Uuh, Flash anyone?
    I have flash in my pre2 but i can not watch movies on it because netflix does not use flash
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I hope they create a chase app that deposits checks,
    No rear-facing camera. And the 1.3 MP resolution camera isn't enough to capture good enough quality images for the processing fo the checks. 2MP required at a minimum.
    respibob likes this.
    The kindle app we saw on touch pad was very sluggish
    the whole os was very, very, very sluggish, since it's not yet optomized. Look at the veer, then look at the pre3, the veer was faster since it's bett optimized.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    the whole os was very, very, very sluggish, since it's not yet optomized. Look at the veer, then look at the pre3, the veer was faster since it's bett optimized.
    DO you think big name apps are not there as operating system meaning webOS 3.0 is not even fully baked?
    DO you think big name apps are not there as operating system meaning webOS 3.0 is not even fully baked?
    every OS needs to be optimized for every hardware (ie cpu). Also, the touchpad is running webos 3.0, considering they have another 6 months to work on it, I wouldn't be worried at all. Look at what the veer is doing at 800mhz, sure it's a lower screen res, but the pad has dual core 1.2ghz.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast