1.    #1  
    Gaurav suggested this in an earlier PM to me.
    I researched and looked at various options out there:

National Library of Medicine
    is nice and formats nicely on the browser.
    I tried to make it webOS but it won't accept Ajax http post requests. I guess it works only from their own server.

Pubget Mobile: Results
    also works great in the webOS browser. Nice thing is that it will output a PDF if that is available.

The thing lacking for both is the inability to store/save your searches. It could be local storage or save to Instapaper/Clipboard etc.

Anyway I think it can be done but I need some help as I am quite new to all this JSON stuff. I posted my request here, so if anyone knowledgeable can contribute, I'd appreciate it

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ay-please.html
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  2.    #2  
    After some Ajax false starts, I managed to whip something together in Ares.
    Here are some screenshots attached.
    I shall post an installation link for the beta of the app after some more testing.

Edit:
    Installation link:
    http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...palmdoc.pubmed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 02/06/2011 at 06:05 AM.
    Is the app currently enabled only for US users? I'm getting an 'Application not currently available' error. If I end up getting a tablet then would definitely love to see this app, would make my life a lot easier for work.
  4.    #4  
    No, it is for US and non-US. I just uploaded it to the beta feed and it takes a few hours to be "active". I just checked the link and it is OK now. I am in the midst of adding more filters in the search options and changing the UI a bit.
    I know some of you want Saved searches - certainly doable for the future but I know zilch about Sql and databases so if anyone wants to help me in this project I shall be grateful.
  5.    #5  
    Latest screenshots
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey palmdoc! I like what I see so far! Have you considered integrating those free online journal links I pm'd you earlier about? Is there a way to integrate the email yourself links available on many of those journals into an app?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Hi. In the article view, I have given two options, one to open the article in Pubget mobile - the interesting thing about Pubget mobile is if a free fulltext PDF of article is available, it will open the PDF for you. It was designed for the iPhone but works in the Pre. One can also open the full webpage in Pubmed and from there navigate to the parent journal - kludgy I know but perhaps will create some shortcuts in a future version.
    In the meantime, my priority is to have a saved search feature.
  8.    #8  
    http://entrezajax.appspot.com/ on which the app is dependent, appears to be down. Hopefully temporarily.
    Btw, I managed to add saved searches to the app
  9.    #9  
    Beta is over. Submitted the official version to the App Catalog and there will be two flavors - a free version and a paid one. The latter will essentially have the capability to store searches locally.