1.    #1  
    I had a handy app on my Palm Centro called callcorder that automatically recorded phone calls or could be used to record specific phone calls. I particularly like this feature for phone calls to the IRS and other tax authorities because what they tell me on the phone sometimes does not agree with their actions.

I understand that the Palm Pre cannot do this because the API's have not been released. I've heard that the API's will be available with WebOS 2.0 and beyond. That leads me to believe that an app like callcorder would be possible once WebOS 2.0 is released on the Pre's or if I upgrade to a newer palm phone.

Is that correct? Has anybody heard of an app like this in development?
    Last edited by bosabilene; 02/04/2011 at 02:07 PM.
    I would like that as well. The Centro app was great. I think I have about 6Gb of recorded audio .... It is great!
    i think it might be illegal to record a phone conversation without the person's consent.
  4. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? I would love to have an app to record calls. I think the consent part is only if you wish to use it as legal evidence in court. Its not illegal to record things for personal use.

*** [BEEP] This conversation is being recorded at this time, if you wish [BEEP] not to be recorded then please press ALT-F2 now to cancel [BEEP] recording...
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    i think it might be illegal to record a phone conversation without the person's consent.
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3
    Its not illegal to record things for personal use.
    I am not an attorney and I have never played on on TV, but I think if you check you will find that both of these statements are at least partially incorrect.

Some states have a presumed privacy, others do not, and if you call across state lines, the other state might have jurisdiction over the law governing any such call.

When in the case of the Pre and recording your own conversation, since you are a party of the conversation, for some states, that is enough. In others, you need consent of all parties to the call.

I also uses an app on my Centro to record calls, and would like to be able to do so again. I live in Texas, I can record any conversation I want, if I am a party to it, no matter who the other person is and no matter the reason, as long as I don't break the law with the recorded call.

The reason I often record calls is to go back and review and take notes, sometimes for documentation.

I would like to see the ability to record phone calls on webOS, for sure. Hope it is coming with the Pre 3 and beyond.

Sate by state call record information.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Anyone who knows, know if it will be possible to record phone calls? Do we get access to the mic now, with webOS 2.0+?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I want to know this also
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Anyone?
    It's not access to the mic thats needed but access to the incoming call.
    I want this feature. If the 800 number is recording me I want to record them!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  10. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Okay legal discussions aside.

Is it possible to record audio from apps (phone, youtube, etc) on the Pre? Is someone able to make such an app for us?
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    You can record calls that you make within the iSpoofCard app. It's mainly for changing your number on the other users caller ID or changing your voice, but it allows you to record calls when you make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhughes719 View Post
    You can record calls that you make within the iSpoofCard app. It's mainly for changing your number on the other users caller ID or changing your voice, but it allows you to record calls when you make them.
    in other words: it's possible but nobody has made an app that does JUST that without also allowing you to spoof your number or change your voice for a subscription fee.

Anyone? Developers?