1.    #1  
    Hi forum,

I downloaded VLC Streamer yesterday and tried to play with it today on my iPad. I'm assuming I'm doing something very wrong. I have no problem seeing the files on my computer, but *any* video that I try and run, comes up with a message "Unable to create video... VLC not found", then it proceeds to try and process the video, and it eventually just errors. Even the test file from the site does that. I have the latest version of VLC on my computer. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Help? Suggestions?
    I'm getting the same problem here. I tried the test video file provided in the troubleshooting page but still no luck. Developers please do something to fix this bug.
    Can someone kindly upload the working VLC Streamer Setup file? and post the link here.
    Somehow, I doubt your going to get the attention of a lot of iOS developers over here.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Somehow, I doubt your going to get the attention of a lot of iOS developers over here.

Sent from my eVo
    Lol... +1000000000000000000

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Lol... +1000000000000000000

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Exactly!

You guys might want to try the forums at tipb.com

Sent from my eVo
    I have no intentions to attract a lot of developers but this bug really get me annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenpeace View Post
    I have no intentions to attract a lot of developers but this bug really get me annoyed.
    But you've posted it on forums that deal with stuff for webOS on the Palm Pre and Pixi cell phones.

No one here is going to have a lot of knowledge to help you with the app on an Apple iPad, it uses iOS.

Sent from my eVo
    To get real help for iOS products, you should go to tipb.com

Sent from my eVo
    You're right over there but there's this problem with the VLC Streamer app or VLC Streamer setup. I think the problem is not regarding the iOS itself but I believe this problem has been occurring after the VLC Streamer setup was changed or updated.
    Then perhaps you should try the developers website.

Sent from my eVo
    http://www.videolan.org/

Sent from my eVo
    Thanks for you effort but VLC Streamer Helper was not developed by VideoLAN but it was made by Hobbyistsoftware.com. I don't think they (VideoLAN) will help to this problem.
    I am mobile and with information on the page, I thought it may help you find the developers site.

Sent from my eVo
    And I hereby retire from this thread!

Sent from my eVo
    Here's some prove..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I wasn't asking you for proof, I'm trying to tell you that you are looking for help on the wrong site.

You need to go to an iOS site or to the developer's site. This forum is only for stuff they did for webOS. Completely different system.

Sent from my eVo
    I guess I'll just wait then. I've sent an email to the developer regarding this problem. No worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post

Sent from my eVo

Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealouie View Post
    Hi forum,

I downloaded VLC Streamer yesterday and tried to play with it today on my iPad. I'm assuming I'm doing something very wrong. I have no problem seeing the files on my computer, but *any* video that I try and run, comes up with a message "Unable to create video... VLC not found", then it proceeds to try and process the video, and it eventually just errors. Even the test file from the site does that. I have the latest version of VLC on my computer. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Help? Suggestions?
    Hi,

I had a couple of bugs over the last couple of days - one caused by a rushed attempt to fix the other.

anyway - I think all is well now with the latest streamer helper. Please download it and give it a go.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre