Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The youTube link has a description that lists the original version for Palm OS (typo)

Here is the web page announcement...
    Rovio - Blog

Rovio and 20th Century Fox are proud to announce unique partnership uniting Angry Birds with summer animated feature film Rio.
    From the makers of the hit Ice Age series, Rio is a comedy-adventure about taking a walk on the wild side. Blu is a domesticated Macaw who never learned to fly, living a comfortable life with his owner and best friend Linda in the small town of Moose Lake, Minnesota. Blu and Linda think he’s the last of his kind, but when they learn about another Macaw who lives in Rio de Janeiro, they head to the faraway and exotic land to find Jewel, Blu’s female counterpart.

Not long after they arrive, Blu and Jewel are kidnapped by a group of bungling animal smugglers. With the help of street smart Jewel, and a group of wise-cracking and smooth-talking city birds, Blu escapes. Now, with his new friends by his side, Blu will have to find the courage to learn to fly, thwart the kidnappers who are hot on their trail, and return to Linda, the best friend a bird ever had.

In Angry Birds Rio, the original Angry Birds are kidnapped and taken to the magical city of Rio, where they eventually escape their captors and set out to to save their friends, Blu and Jewel – two rare macaws and the stars of the upcoming Fox motion picture, Rio. Angry Birds Rio will pair the physics-based gameplay of the original game with unique twists based on the highly-anticipated film.

Angry Birds Rio will launch with 45 dedicated levels and will regularly add new levels via app updates. The game will be available for download on smart phones and tablets worldwide.
    Quote Originally Posted by YouTube Description
    Rovio and 20th Century Fox join forces to create a new game, Angry Birds Rio! The game will launch with 45 dedicated levels based on the highly-anticipated motion picture, with regular updates lined up for the future. The game will be available for download on smart phones and tablets worldwide.

http://www.angrybirds.com

Get the original Angry Birds:

- Get the iPhone version from http://iphone.angrybirds.com
    - Get the Nokia version from http://nokia.angrybirds.com
    - Get the Palm OS version from http://palm.angrybirds.com
    - Get Angry Birds for Android from http://www.getjar.com/mobile/43600/an...
    Last edited by sinime; 02/01/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Another version of Angry Birds???

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    One day we will need a separate launcher page just for Angry Birds Games. lol
    If they're gonna make us pay for it, they better get it out for us when the Android and iOS versions come out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Is this a Ransom demand??

Attached Images Attached Images
    I contacted them via twitter and asked them if they are planning to port it to webOS. They replied, "thats the plan"... So it is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    I contacted them via twitter and asked them if they are planning to port it to webOS. They replied, "thats the plan"... So it is coming.
    i was saying bc they won the hot apps contest and took home 100,000 big ones
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    If they're gonna make us pay for it, they better get it out for us when the Android and iOS versions come out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'd imagine they are planning a simultaneous cross platform launch as the description says it will come with 45 dedicated levels and will regularly add new levels via app updates. Plus this is an advertising gimmick for Fox. Looks like maybe Fox commissioned this app's development by giving Rovio Cash?

EDIT: It's not unheard of for BIG name games to have simultaneous cross platform launchs on multiple platforms... XBox 360, PS3 and Wii.
    <<merged>>
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I'd imagine they are planning a simultaneous cross platform launch as the description says it will come with 45 dedicated levels and will regularly add new levels via app updates. Plus this is an advertising gimmick for Fox. Looks like maybe Fox commissioned this app's development by giving Rovio Cash?

EDIT: It's not unheard of for BIG name games to have simultaneous cross platform launchs on multiple platforms... XBox 360, PS3 and Wii.
    Then again, it's not unheard of for big name games to launch at least a month later on webOS than on other platforms...
    I'm sure webos will get Rio but that highlighted part is in reference to the original Angry Birds game. I'm sure it will like the past where iOS and Android get it first and webos later.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    I know the first Angry Birds games took quite some time getting to webOS but I'm sure by this point they've got the difficult parts taken care of and now it's really just a matter of dumping in the new source code and compiling it for webOS. I've been learning a *lot* about OpenGL ES based games and the Pre and iPhone are remarkably similar. It's Android that makes things difficult...
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    I know the first Angry Birds games took quite some time getting to webOS but I'm sure by this point they've got the difficult parts taken care of and now it's really just a matter of dumping in the new source code and compiling it for webOS. I've been learning a *lot* about OpenGL ES based games and the Pre and iPhone are remarkably similar. It's Android that makes things difficult...
    I'm pretty sure the original came to WebOS second, long before Android. Now that the engine is on all platforms though it should be pretty simple to do a simulataneous release if they actually want to.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm pretty sure the original came to WebOS second, long before Android. Now that the engine is on all platforms though it should be pretty simple to do a simulataneous release if they actually want to.
    Yeah, plus they had a job posting a while back for people to use their proprietary cross-platform tools. Sounds to me like they have a system in place for "easy" porting.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Am I the only one that is angry bird burnt out? I finished the original with 3 stars on all levels (thanks to youtube) but one finished 3 levels on Christmass.

I hate the fact gravity doesn't effect snow blocks... It literally makes me angry... In physic engine games gravity must effect everything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jckatz View Post
    Am I the only one that is angry bird burnt out? I finished the original with 3 stars on all levels (thanks to youtube) but one finished 3 levels on Christmass.

I hate the fact gravity doesn't effect snow blocks... It literally makes me angry... In physic engine games gravity must effect everything.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    LOL, yeah doesn't make much sense to me either.
    They love breaking your laws of physics.
    I assume "one" in the last sentance was "only"? I liked it and finished it. I found it fun.

Why is a floating pig tethered beneath those tiny balloons "OK" but floating snow isn't? Even a zero mass rigid balloon "filled" with a vacuum would not displace enough air to lift the pigs. Or perhaps it could easily do so - after all we have no idea what they mass.

This is a game, the rules are what the designers and programmers put together and your job is to play within them or not play at all. Floating snow is just a quirk of the game and one that makes those levels very different from the normal one's. Frankly my kids loved the floating snow as it was something completely different than they had faced on the rest of the levels (when I finally let them play after finishing the levels myself).
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Why is a floating pig tethered beneath those tiny balloons "OK" but floating snow isn't? Even a zero mass rigid balloon "filled" with a vacuum would not displace enough air to lift the pigs. Or perhaps it could easily do so - after all we have no idea what they mass.
    ).
    To be completely honest, I don't know. In the original I was addicted and couldn't figure out why... It was like "I hate this game, I'll just play ten more minutes) In the second game after all that waiting, I found myself hating the game, without the need to play it.
    Angry Birds Valentine’s Day Edition is due to come on the market on February the 14th – Valentine’s Day - but I can't find out if there will be a webOS version.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast