1.    #1  
    The "'Ncognito" App in the catalog is for 1.99 and says 2.0 only. As it must be obvious no one has 2.0 yet including himself. The images within the application promotion display (the 3 images before you purchase) is of the application inside of a Windows browser. Not only does no-one else do this on a regular occasion but doing it for basically the only (supposed) WebOS 2.0 application makes it a small but real insult especially when charging it as a paid application.

Regardless if by a small chance it is legitimate the application itself is small with limit features over what can be done natively and doesn't deserve purchase for the above reasons. I think I speak for everyone as my onslaught remains on the developers and company. That this has been so blatant to find differentiation between consumers, users, developers, and whatever else people can think of that its become a desperate embarrassment on the protagonist behalf. This kind of false advertising as well as the many meaningless applications come from this kind of Hacker Playground atmosphere. Something I had a notion about when I first purchased. Though with so many other phones out there on such a basic platform it just didn't add up. Now I see people also found it kind of too meaningless (if that possible for these people lol) to do so, so they create things that I suppose create a form of small beliefs much like someone posting about direct wifi to phone2phone connections and of course when its that bad, some of the older Palm community is so off its rocker they have no choice but to agree and praise for it.

I'm thinking 3g now possibly 4g with connections anywhere in the world, plus bluetooth transfer technology and the suggestion is to place a small device with a 4 hr - 6 hr battery to a direct wifi connection, essentially a full router just to send messages. It worries us because that is something you would waste your time developing. I suppose leave it to Palm to do anything that makes no sense and is the first ones to do it (cliche' but obviously your going to be first if its wrong, think about how many people have to be wrong before it goes into operation as well) very fitting to be on Sprint as well, The only all 4g network, in part thanks for being an innovator, on the other hand everyone went HSPA+ so they forgot to mention they just potentially spent billions on something that has to have specific radios for their phones. This is reoccurring in business so badly at this point they should have to ask the public of all concerns going into doing anything. They pride themselves on being business people yet they undoubtedly made possible the worse business decision one could potentially make. Maybe not the worse, but leaving it to a gamble in almost all cases makes it bad.

If the market flattens, meaning no new technology they will be sitting pretty, but unlikely as we all well know with these business model situation this is likely heavy technology so either their 4g system becomes strong, the market flattens, and production increases for it for 10-20 yrs or not much happens their stuck within this market of mediocre choices of consumers and they have get surpassed by the other companies as they improve their entire networks to the next technology and only had to create minimal upgrades for HSPA+. I'm not certain how much the other radio's cost to produce what I do know is they need their own software and manufacturing anything different eventually becomes a pain in an expanding market of progress for other companies.

Again it might not be that big of a deal but it is another worry to an overall an un-likely good situation. There is literally 1 scenario for Sprints 4g network to work out well. There is always the case the networks aren't that expensive overall and the necessary upgrades carry over towards any new network such as server space. Though I get the feeling by the pace of growth of the 4g network it is expensive. Lastly, the next technology is long distance WiMax. Which is capable of super long distance high speed connections. The future is 10 towers in all of the United States. My idea would be the electrical poles everyone has to have a small high quality Wimax router on any given block.
    Last edited by cooz0977; 01/26/2011 at 10:08 PM.
    very hard to understand what your saying, it's obviously gone through an auto translator, BTW pre 2 has webos 2.0 so maybe the app is for the people with pre 2's
    just wanted to add the images are of an "emulator". Not a windows browser.
    So... What does that app do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    So... What does that app do?
    Straight from the description

'Ncognito
    Minimum requirement: HP webOS 2.0 Available in: English, Spanish, French, German, & Italian. Are you the business professional with work-related documents on your device? Have you captured "special moments" with your device's camera that shouldn't be seen by everyone? If so, 'Ncognito is for you!!! Now, for HP webOS, you can hide your personal files from prying eyes. 'Ncognito offers an extra level of security knowing that you, and only you can view certain files on your device. Features include: * Password protection * Hide various file types (pictures, video, audio, documents) * Easily add and remove any files you want hidden or unhidden To add a file, simply select "Add a file", and select the file of your choice. To hide it, select the "Hide" button, and let 'Ncognito work it's magic. To remove any file you don't want hidden, simply use the familiar webOS feature, "swipe to delete".
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    reader friendly version.

Minimum requirement: HP webOS 2.0

Available in: English, Spanish, French, German, & Italian.

Are you the business professional with work-related documents on your device?

Have you captured "special moments" with your device's camera that shouldn't be seen by everyone? If so, 'Ncognito is for you!!!

Now, for HP webOS, you can hide your personal files from prying eyes. 'Ncognito offers an extra level of security knowing that you, and only you can view certain files on your device. Features include:

* Password protection
    * Hide various file types (pictures, video, audio, documents)
    * Easily add and remove any files you want hidden or unhidden

To add a file, simply select "Add a file", and select the file of your choice. To hide it, select the "Hide" button, and let 'Ncognito work it's magic.

To remove any file you don't want hidden, simply use the familiar webOS feature, "swipe to delete".
    lots of people bought the Pre2 and it comes with 2.0... so what's the issue?
    Oh, thanks! (Sorry, I couldn't check the description myself lol)

Seems like a useful app. I was just curious why the OP was so upset about it lol.
    It appears the op doesn't realize anyone has 2.0, yet. They did say that early in their post.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!