1.    #1  
    I'm new to precentral and I'm coming from a Blackberry and I would use BBM to talk to my wife who has a BB. Is there an app that is similar so we could talk instead of SMS?

Thanks!
    I use Google Talk to communicate with my wife. She uses a BB Bold 9700.
    Quote Originally Posted by VzwPrePlus View Post
    I use Google Talk to communicate with my wife. She uses a BB Bold 9700.
    Same here, or there is AIM. Many more even if you use something like Agile Messenger.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    AIM is the best I think, it is very reliable, classic, and syncs really well, the only thing I would change is I wish it let me delete certain contacts but oh well, maybe with 2.x or in the fututre
  5.    #5  
    How about battery drain? Is it a hog or not too bad?
    Leaving GTalk, AIM, Yahoo IM, etc... running will significantly drain the battery. Keep an extra charger handy.
  7.    #7  
    Is there a setting as to how often it refreshes with GTalk etc?

Also so there is no certain app besides these? I used Pingchat on my BB, but it is not supported for Palm devices
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    AIM is the best I think, it is very reliable, classic, and syncs really well, the only thing I would change is I wish it let me delete certain contacts but oh well, maybe with 2.x or in the fututre
    I wish I could delete my whole buddy list from my contacts. Seems shortsighted to not allow that.
    Quote Originally Posted by that_maynard View Post
    Is there a setting as to how often it refreshes with GTalk etc?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by that_maynard View Post
    Also so there is no certain app besides these? I used Pingchat on my BB, but it is not supported for Palm devices
    There are IM apps such as Mundu, Agile, etc...but they're not very good.
    We really need to convince the Beluga team to make a webOS app. It's the only reason I still carry my Nexus One.