1.    #1  
    Verizon now offers a $15 data plan (probably not for long). With that in mind, does anyone know of an application that clearly tracks data usage? I know there is a widget for Android. Any suggestions?
    I put my Verizon "view usage" page on my launcher. You have to login every time to look at it, but it does the job. You just have to watch the "as of" date, as Verizon's data tracking can lag from time to time. But it's been working well for me.
    There's also a homebrew app that allows you to track data usage over wifi, 3G, and bluetooth. It's called Netstat.
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Verizon now offers a $15 data plan (probably not for long). With that in mind, does anyone know of an application that clearly tracks data usage? I know there is a widget for Android. Any suggestions?
    Not for long is correct. They're doing away with tiered data plans for smartphones per engadget.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Am I correct, in that I need to install Preware in order to access the homebrew apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by leebae View Post
    Am I correct, in that I need to install Preware in order to access the homebrew apps?
    That is correct!

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Well, you could manually install them via webOS Quick Install or the Palm SDK tools. You can find the links here (at the bottom of the page):

www.daemon.de - PalmPreNetstat