1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm looking for the direct download link for Navit gps navigation app. I can't use preware... but I'm set up with web os quick install
    Here, let me save you some trouble:

Navit doesn't work. Your time is more valuable than this. Don't waste it.

Wait until the 9th when HP will hopefully announce some navigation software. It's the biggest hole in their software lineup at the moment.
    Hi langley,
    Tiddlekins wrote:
    Navit doesn't work. Your time is more valuable than this. Don't waste it.
    thats Bull****, Navit is working for me with openstreetmap data.

Download would be
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/armv7/
    Index of /feeds/webos-internals/all/

look for navit and speakdispatcher in the first directory and
    locale in the second.

Sincerely
    Ralf
  4.    #4  
    Thank you so much!!! I'll see if I can get it working!
  5.    #5  
    ... It's not working, is there some othr=er step to make it work? (app won't launch)
    reboot
  7.    #7  
    ... I did, I also installed speechd and locale, as well as downloading the map. It still didn't work. Someone?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Hi,

check out the thread

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2549826

If it is not starting at all, it seems to be that you have to use the mentioned fstab-fix.

And of course You need maps, get them here

Navit :: Planet Extractor

place them into

/media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps/

on Your Palm. (that is USB-Drive-Palm:\appdata\org.webosinternals.navit\maps\ )

Other than that, it takes some ten seconds to start.

Regards
    Ralf
  10.    #10  
    oh, sorry, got it working a while ago.
    Thanks everybody!
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Great! Somehow we keep getting these "it doesn't work comments".
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Great! Somehow we keep getting these "it doesn't work comments".
    Until Navit has a GPS fix, it's default location is a blue screen at the north pole or something like that. I can see how that would cause a lot of confusion.....
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    langley:
    How did you get it working? I have Navit on 2.0.1 (unlocked Pre 2) and it just doesn't load. I tried rebooting, uninstalling/installing. I press the button and nothing happens.
    The fstab-fix mentioned above is for 1.4.5, so it isn't relevant for me. Any other ideas?
    Not sure what happened but this app is no longer loading

I only used it a few times and it worked fine then when running preware it said there was an update which I installed. Now when I touch the icon the screen goes dark then goes back to the app icons like nothing happened.

It had this behavior prior to running the fstab fix in preware which fixed it before and I have tried installing that again and again and still not working.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Not sure what happened but this app is no longer loading

I only used it a few times and it worked fine then when running preware it said there was an update which I installed. Now when I touch the icon the screen goes dark then goes back to the app icons like nothing happened.

It had this behavior prior to running the fstab fix in preware which fixed it before and I have tried installing that again and again and still not working.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
    You need the fstab fix only with 1.4.5 not 1.4.5.1 or later.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Until Navit has a GPS fix, it's default location is a blue screen at the north pole or something like that. I can see how that would cause a lot of confusion.....
    Not to mention a chill...

I've installed Navit and some maps and I'm having trouble it seems.

I have a Pre 2 running 2.1, and i have been enjoying 72ka's Google Maps (GM). Once I saw he added a Navit navigation option, I decided to install Navit. I saw I needed to install maps. So I tried....had trouble because the map file I wanted was over 2GB and it would never complete. I decided to just test it out by loading a few maps I know I could use for testing nearby. Now I can activate it in GM, but since that time, I no longer get a GPS tracking/moving lock. It has been at least 3 weeks and I can't get a tracking GPS lock. Any thoughts? Is it possible that trying to start/use Navit without maps loaded might have disabled or messed with my GPS? Is it possible that Verizon detected my use of Navit and they lowered the virtual GPS boom on me and my Pre2? I thought only the Pre and Pixie pluses had that Verizon interference.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!