1.    #1  
    For those never/not often on twitter:
    There is a very gorgeous free new twitter app in the palm beta feed:

Download Here - phnx Beta

Or follow on twitter
    Or follow the dev (rmxdave) on twitter

Here is a .

Requests/error reports: http://groups.google.com/group/phnx-beta/

I know we have already some twitter apps. But I really like this UI.
    There are some functions missing.

I'm not related to the app or the developer.

Good work

EDIT: Dr.Battery looks oldschool compared ;-)
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/01/2011 at 01:02 PM.
    hlbice likes this.
    Very wp7 ish but I like it we need more devs to polish and personalize their app ui's.
    Nice UI as well! I wonder if the video was of an overclocked Pre? How well would it run on stock speed?

This is something to look forward to when I get my Pre back >.<
    I like the wp7 metro ui. Everyone should make that ui varient of their app
    I too like to pretend that my phone is running another OS. Wait, no.
    Personnaly, I think this UI is not for the Pixi...because it eats too much space !
    And this app stole CarbonBuzzDay :'(

Otherwise, I think this UI should be good on a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by simsor View Post
    Personnaly, I think this UI is not for the Pixi...because it eats too much space !
    And this app stole CarbonBuzzDay :'(

Otherwise, I think this UI should be good on a Pre.
    No, @rmxdave released a routine update (yes, update, not a brand new unveiling) for an app that is obviously nowhere near completion and the Carbon webOS devs got salty because apparently devs everywhere should have the schedules of other devs imprinted on their brains, so they decided not to release their further along app. Apparently it was just too much that people might talk about phnx and Carbon on the same day. Nevermind that I had little interest in Carbon (and absolutely none now) and I'm sure Carbon users weren't all following @rmxdave and phnx, nevermind that when these apps are officially released, people will be talking about both of them anyway (and I suppose then we'll be throwing shade because your update coincided with my update or your price is the same as my price).

So no, rmxdave and phnx did not "steal" someone else's day, he kept keeping on like he does and Carbon decided to whine about party crashing on Twitter all day long. Poor form and I won't forget.

As for the space issue, it's pretty funny, the app looks like it takes a bunch of space, but it actually manages to show more tweets or the same number of tweets "per screen" as Bad Kitty and Spaz (3.5 vs 3 vs 3-3.5), while keeping the the client info on the main scene and having that header on the top (the header can scroll independently of the tweets, too).

I think @rmxdave (really gotta stop referring to ppl by their twitter handles) wants to make sure he gets the flow right before going to town adding features. He's worked with the twitter api before with Digloo, so he's definitely famliar. All of my interactions with him regarding the app are met well and usually reference how he's trying to make sure the design for everything supports its usage, so def keep it on your radar.
    Last edited by malpha; 01/15/2011 at 08:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I still want Carbon. I can't understand why it matters when other applications are released as they are in beta(!!!)! If it was the full release I can see a little bit of an issue but I think the developer will have a long road a head if he can't get past some beta launch issue and delay the release of a beta twitter client.

P.S. I still really want Carbon...

P.P.S. Anyone who says they like this app (PHNX, which I do) can't say **** about the playbook or other gesture based operating systems. lol
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
  9.    #9  
    Thanks malpha. For me it was a new app.
    And I look to app's from a developer standpoint. The UI is very nice and responsive.
    I heard about "Carbon" but don't like this "advertising".
    If you want me to change something in the first post leave a message.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Thanks malpha. For me it was a new app.
    And I look to app's from a developer standpoint. The UI is very nice and responsive.
    I heard about "Carbon" but don't like this "advertising".
    If you want me to change something in the first post leave a message.
    I'm pretty sure it's a new app or this whole Carbon thing wouldn't have happened (my understanding...)
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    No, @rmxdave released a routine update (yes, update, not a brand new unveiling) for an app that is obviously nowhere near completion and the Carbon webOS devs got salty...
    To be fair, it wasn't just a routine update. It was the first open beta release. Up until that point the app was in closed beta. So for most of the webOS community, it was an unveiling of Phnx.

But I agree that the Carbon dev's reaction was completely unwarranted. He blew things way out of proportion. Dave has every right to open up his beta anytime he feels he's ready. He shouldn't have to consult with other Twitter devs to see if they happen to be releasing a beta on the same day.

The Carbon dev probably realizes now the big mistake he made. Up until this point he was interacting with the community in a positive way. But his tirade on Twitter yesterday may have had irrevocable damage to the public perception of his product. Even if he was salty, he should have kept it to himself and continued with his release and let his product speak for itself, which from the screenshots appears to be farther along than Phnx.

What I think the Carbon dev should do at this point is release his beta. A public apology to Dave would probably be a good idea too. Then he should just continue developing his app. If he wants to continue with a closed beta (vs. an open one), he should continue to promote his app and spread the word. Show screenshots, show videos, and continue interacting with the community.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Thanks Dan for the correction. I know @rmxdave dissolved the NDA last week and there were a lot of screenshots and posting of the app on my feed, so I was under the impression he had released a link then that others could download from. It does help explain people's reaction better.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    for the record I understand its still beta (thats just what it means beta) but this is by far the best twitter looking application, UI and screen transitions to date on Webos. To the developer please add a donatation button so that people like me can show our appreciation for such a well done application. You should also consider making other usefull application utilizing this WP7 type UI, it really makes the Webos experiance very elegant and professional looking. To the developers (along side music remix 2.0) these are the type of applications that will outshine, and keep webos competing in the application catagory. Id rather have quality applications, rather then poor quanty applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    for the record I understand its still beta (thats just what it means beta) but this is by far the best twitter looking application, UI and screen transitions to date on Webos. To the developer please add a donatation button so that people like me can show our appreciation for such a well done application. You should also consider making other usefull application utilizing this WP7 type UI, it really makes the Webos experiance very elegant and professional looking. To the developers (along side music remix 2.0) these are the type of applications that will outshine, and keep webos competing in the application catagory. Id rather have quality applications, rather then poor quanty applications.
    The developer, rmxdave, is known for high-quality apps with compelling UIs. His previous app was Digloo which was also very pretty. Digloo was pulled from the catalog due to the ongoing issues with Digg's API (my app Web Hopper was pulled for the same reason). So I imagine we'll see more interesting apps from him in the future.

I'm not sure if the WP7 interface should be used in everyone though. It seems to make sense for Twitter, but does it really make sense for every other type of app? Personally, I think UIs should be designed on a per-app basis. Sure you can have some similarities, but the best UIs have always catered to the specific function.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    The developer, rmxdave, is known for high-quality apps with compelling UIs. His previous app was Digloo which was also very pretty. Digloo was pulled from the catalog due to the ongoing issues with Digg's API (my app Web Hopper was pulled for the same reason). So I imagine we'll see more interesting apps from him in the future.

I'm not sure if the WP7 interface should be used in everyone though. It seems to make sense for Twitter, but does it really make sense for every other type of app? Personally, I think UIs should be designed on a per-app basis. Sure you can have some similarities, but the best UIs have always catered to the specific function.
    thats true, I see your point I was thinking though maybe make a few apps using that specific type UI interface so that people who like that interface could use it again in say a (facebook, feeds, note taking) type app. It could be in its own type catagory for those type of looking applications. though just a thought of mine, and I def see your point. I look forward to the future work on this application, and will donate accordingly.
    The UI is great. As long as they bake all the advanced features into this app then I think it would have a chance to be the best Twitter app. It is going to be hard to take me away from my Twee.........

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    great app another alternative for twitter webOS users. just type to tweet is cool i dnt remember if they had that in spaz but that was one of the key features that got me on bad kitty. keep up the good work & carra on! @ninostark
  18.    #18  
    Did you see the image preview?

From twitter:
    @techjunky79
    Picture previewer in Phnx 0.5.5
    Neat animation when you're done, the card flicks away...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    keep it coming great update so far today, hopefully notifications, profyle view, and others will be on the way soon enough.
    I really like the UI. Everything feels very light weight. Have a quick suggestion:
    What about adding a third button/icon after pressing the + with the intention to cancel writing.
    Right now there are two options to cancel writing: backswipe and pressing somewhere around the writing area. But that press will open the tweet that was hit, which should be avoided imo.

So what about
    a) an X icon on the top-right corner of the writing area.
    b) an X icon appearing next to reload and + (respectively check mark).
    c) making a press-to-cancel not opening the pressed tweet.

Greetz,
    Ben
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast