Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree2Likes
    So I miraculously solved my predicament on my own. Googled ipk maker found Jason Robitaille's ipk Packager thread Ipk Packager tool and applied the downloaded folder and made an ipk with the tool and installed it via WOSQI!
    I checked out the contents of the zip and it seems ready to build if I'm not mistaken. Yes, you will have to repackage it but it's simple because of the ipk packager. Point and click! Read about it Ipk Packager and then download it here http://ipk-packager.googlecode.com/f...20Packager.jar
    Follow these steps:
    1. Download ipk packager
    2. Download the master.zip from the github you linked
    3. Extract that zip to a NEW FOLDER anywhere just remember where you put it
    4. Open ipk packager
    5. Click the "..." button and select the FOLDER with the extracted contents from the zip
    6. Package Info will auto-populate and then click Create IPK File
    7. Transfer the ipk to your device and use Internalz Pro or Preware to install it

See the picture. Good luck.

EDIT: Aaaaand I just realized that you fixed your problem while I've been making this tutorial...well good job...<goes to look for tissues for tears>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Hey shed no tears man thank you so much for your prompt response and thoroughness. I truly appreciate it nonetheless! I was setting myself up to wait for days for a response from anyone thinking the forums were in a perpetual statement of lull. I was proven wrong though.

Thanks again Alan ((:
    No problem! Yes, the forum is still here and still active although we have been shunned by Mobile Nations to a degree. Can't say I blame them. Look out crackberry...you're next.
    Follow me on Twitter
    I'm experiencing a weird issue with my Pre 3. Everything was easy during the first use, but once I closed Koto and opened it again after a few minutes, a strange, gray and transparent "veil" - similar but darker than the ones which show up when scrolling down app menus - covers options such as Artists, Songs, etc. and prevents me from tapping them. It seems like the app can't load completely. I still can swipe down from the topbar for the menu to come out. The only way I have to gain access to my music is the Search option. A screenshot is attached to this post for you to see.
    EDIT: I forgot to tell you I already tried the media-indexer "patch" suggested in the Help - "Application doesn't load?" section of Koto. I installed the .ipk by DanPCL found here in the forum but nothing changed.
    Last edited by WebOSLloyd; 10/06/2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Forgot important note
    Can anybody help, please? I really like this app, I'd like to use and ejoy it but this issue prevents me from doing so.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    Have you restarted your phone?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Thanks for your answer. Yes I did, twice, but nothing happened.
  9. g7
    Rename app/helpers/com.tibfib.app.koto.api_keys SAMPLE.jsjsjs $to$ $app$/$helpers$/$com$.$tibfib$.$app$.$koto$.$api_keys$.$js$ , $then$ $recreate$ $the$ $package$.

Eugenio
    Developer of Italian Fiscal Codes - Codici Fiscali | webOS Quick Actions

Comfortably numb since 1996.

Frankenpre≥ EU 16 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by g7 View Post
    Rename app/helpers/com.tibfib.app.koto.api_keys SAMPLE.jsjsjs $to$ $app$/$helpers$/$com$.$tibfib$.$app$.$koto$.$api_keys$.$js$ , $then$ $recreate$ $the$ $package$.

Eugenio
    Uh, an Italian. I'd like to write in Italian, but I think it's unfair not to make other people understand.
    Thank you for your answer. Can you please explain how to recreate the package? I've never dealt with a .jsjsjs $file$ $before$.

EDIT: Nothing, problem solved. I just renamed the file without putting any key inside and now Koto works. Grazie mille, Eugenio!
    Last edited by WebOSLloyd; 10/09/2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Problem solved.
    Pre 2 (16 GB, dismissed), Pre 3 (8 GB, dismissed), Wi-Fi TouchPad (32 GB). Moved to Android (Nexus 5) in late 2014.
    g7 and dkirker like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebOSLloyd View Post
    Uh, an Italian. I'd like to write in Italian, but I think it's unfair not to make other people understand.
    Thank you for your answer. Can you please explain how to recreate the package? I've never dealt with a .jsjsjs $file$ $before$.

EDIT: Nothing, problem solved. I just renamed the file without putting any key inside and now Koto works. Grazie mille, Eugenio!
    Show off and write in both!
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Show off and write in both!
    Well, it's ok since I have another question: where can I find API keys? I tried to search for them on Google, but it seems I have to register as a developer on sites to get some. Actually I only need Image Search keys...

Dove posso trovare le chiavi API? Ho provato a cercarle su Google, ma sembra che mi debba registrare come sviluppatore sui siti per ottenerne qualcuna. In realtŗ mi servono solo le chiavi di Image Search...
    Thank you guys... That's really a community. I could re-install Koto Player to my Pre 2 and my wife's Pre 3 following your instructions. The way we lost our purchased Koto? Our phones re-setted by themselves wiping all our applications. Not at the same time, but both within the same month. I don't know if I should be suspicious but it feels like it was done on purpose from HP. Having a webOS device has become more and more frustrating... and the lack of good physical keyboard phones is quite disheartening, as much as the little advances in OS's. My hands used to be sweaty quite often... now we've moved to a tropical country so you can imagine. I guess we'll have to give up soon and start missing our good old Pre.

By the way, Koto Player was removed from the AppCatalog by its developer because:

"For the next two years I will be in Brazil, teaching people about Jesus Christ. Iím really grateful for this opportunity. As a result, I will not be doing any programming or even any application support. So, Iíve suspended all my apps from the webOS App Catalog. Their source is, as always, available on Github."

Fine with me, but building it from Github is not an option for those not so Palm-literate. Plus all the time I had to spend trying to find out what's going on... Sorry, it felt a bit disrespectful to do this. Just my humble opinion, and I may be wrong. But I feel I should not go through these troubles since I paid for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbroc View Post
    Thank you guys... That's really a community. I could re-install Koto Player to my Pre 2 and my wife's Pre 3 following your instructions. The way we lost our purchased Koto? Our phones re-setted by themselves wiping all our applications. Not at the same time, but both within the same month. I don't know if I should be suspicious but it feels like it was done on purpose from HP. Having a webOS device has become more and more frustrating... and the lack of good physical keyboard phones is quite disheartening, as much as the little advances in OS's. My hands used to be sweaty quite often... now we've moved to a tropical country so you can imagine. I guess we'll have to give up soon and start missing our good old Pre.

By the way, Koto Player was removed from the AppCatalog by its developer because:

"For the next two years I will be in Brazil, teaching people about Jesus Christ. Iím really grateful for this opportunity. As a result, I will not be doing any programming or even any application support. So, Iíve suspended all my apps from the webOS App Catalog. Their source is, as always, available on Github."

Fine with me, but building it from Github is not an option for those not so Palm-literate. Plus all the time I had to spend trying to find out what's going on... Sorry, it felt a bit disrespectful to do this. Just my humble opinion, and I may be wrong. But I feel I should not go through these troubles since I paid for it.
    I had a DB getting full as well which was caused due to the Google changes, after I installed the patch it was sorted. Might be the case for you too?
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234