Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I upgraded from lite to full and want to transfer my playlists. Where are they stored?
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    I upgraded from lite to full and want to transfer my playlists. Where are they stored?
    I actually had / have no idea, I was wondering this for the longest time. Then, this weekend while I was working with sqlite on my own app, I stumbled upon a folder in media/internal.

Look inside /media/internal/.app-storage/ and there is a Koto folder inside.

With any luck it should be there.

Also FYI, import of external playlists IS coming in the next version. I got an email the other day (I subscribed to the Koto website).. I guess it's complete.

Can't wait, Tibfib!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    No Koto folder in .app-storage. Any other ideas?
    No Koto folder in .app-storage. Any other ideas?
    Playlists, Favorites, and Just Type results are stored in a db8 database linked to your Palm profile. Play counts are stored in the old databases, I think. I don't know of any homebrew tools to modify these databases. If there are any, then theoretically you should be able to change the name of the database to the id of the full app instead of the id of the beta app.

Also Tibfib, I know you mentioned you don't provide support for your github versions, but I downloaded the github version to check out the m3u support. However, it doesn't load on my phone, it starts up, but it just stays at a blank blue screen. This is a report from the logs:

Code:
    [20110621-22:26:18.247100] error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'assistant' of undefined, app/helpers/koto.jsjsjs:$729$
    I wasn't sure if it was a thing with the open source or with my packaging, but I thought I'd post it before it potentially came to the app catalog.

EDIT: I launched the app from Just Type to see if it would work from there and it did. It also works now from just touching the icon, too.

Also, there's a bug in this version that's also present in the app catalog version. If you're on an artist's page with all their albums listed and you click on Play All (Now/Next/Later), it only plays the last album on that page. If you do it from the listing screen with the arrow right now the artist's name, then it plays all the songs like it should.
    Last edited by malpha; 06/21/2011 at 09:36 PM.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Playlists, Favorites, and Just Type results are stored in a db8 database linked to your Palm profile. Play counts are stored in the old databases, I think. I don't know of any homebrew tools to modify these databases. If there are any, then theoretically you should be able to change the name of the database to the id of the full app instead of the id of the beta app.

Also Tibfib, I know you mentioned you don't provide support for your github versions, but I downloaded the github version to check out the m3u support. However, it doesn't load on my phone, it starts up, but it just stays at a blank blue screen. This is a report from the logs:

Code:
    [20110621-22:26:18.247100] error: TypeError: Cannot read property 'assistant' of undefined, app/helpers/koto.jsjsjs:$729$
    I wasn't sure if it was a thing with the open source or with my packaging, but I thought I'd post it before it potentially came to the app catalog.

EDIT: I launched the app from Just Type to see if it would work from there and it did. It also works now from just touching the icon, too.

Also, there's a bug in this version that's also present in the app catalog version. If you're on an artist's page with all their albums listed and you click on Play All (Now/Next/Later), it only plays the last album on that page. If you do it from the listing screen with the arrow right now the artist's name, then it plays all the songs like it should.
    I'm aware of the first error... that's the reason the next update hasn't been released.

Thanks a lot for the second bug report! I'll get to fixing that.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    They are stored in db8.

In my email reply I said there is no way, but there may be a very complicated way if you edit the database... but I'm unaware of how to do so.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Ok no worries! Thanks for the quick reply!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    I'm aware of the first error... that's the reason the next update hasn't been released.

Thanks a lot for the second bug report! I'll get to fixing that.
    Awesome! Ok, just one other thing, when you turn the favorites option on to "plays songs" now, it removes the album art in list view, it only shows up if you search or Just Type. Not sure if that's the intended behavior with that preference. So now when you select an artist or Album from the Artist or Album pages instead of this:

it shows this:

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Thanks this has been fixed! v0.8.0
    Does Koto Lite actually work on the Touchpad? I can't get it to function. When I open it the first time, it asks if I want to give Koto permission to access my media, I click yes, but an error pops up within Koto indicating that it didn't work. Is there a work around or fix for this?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazirker View Post
    Does Koto Lite actually work on the Touchpad? I can't get it to function. When I open it the first time, it asks if I want to give Koto permission to access my media, I click yes, but an error pops up within Koto indicating that it didn't work. Is there a work around or fix for this?

Thanks!
    Hmm. It doesn't. Is it available? I need to get that removed if it is.
    Hi,

does Koto Player run on Pre3?
    sthones
    I'm having a weird issue, it was occuring on my 2.1 pre+, but now it's carried over to my pre 2. It would seem that artists that begin with "the" are no longer being properly sorted. As you can see in the pictures they are all appearing under (inbetween?) the letter T with duplicates of their own letters. I want to see if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me. Also, I just discovered the problem shown in the last picture, maybe that has something to do with it. The app identifies itself as 0.8.1 even though the app catalog show it as 0.8.2, could just be a forgotten changelog though.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    oh yah, plus this old bug resurfaced for me, unknown albums are all grouped into one huge unknown album which is shown under every artist with an unknown album
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    I'm having a weird issue, it was occuring on my 2.1 pre+, but now it's carried over to my pre 2. It would seem that artists that begin with "the" are no longer being properly sorted. As you can see in the pictures they are all appearing under (inbetween?) the letter T with duplicates of their own letters. I want to see if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me. Also, I just discovered the problem shown in the last picture, maybe that has something to do with it. The app identifies itself as 0.8.1 even though the app catalog show it as 0.8.2, could just be a forgotten changelog though.
    This has been fixed for the next version.

Same with the unknown album issue I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    This has been fixed for the next version.

Same with the unknown album issue I believe.
    any eta on the update?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Consequence_9 View Post
    any eta on the update?
    End of November, beginning of December. Going to add Pre3 support as well.
    I was recently adding music to my VZW Pre 2 running webOS 2.1.2 and it didn't show up in Koto Player so I restarted my phone, applied the patch so the app could read my music library on my device and it all worked find except it didn't pick up the new M3U playlist I also added. So I uninstalled the app and came to find out the app is no longer in the App Catalog. Did a little googling found out the app is open sourced and free to download. Upon download it through the GitHub website to downloads as a zip folder and I don't know where to go from there. I don't know how to get the actual app onto my phone. Would greatly appreciate the help thank you.
    That depends on what's inside of the zip file. If there's an ipk in there then either use WOSQI or just copy it to your device using USB mode and then install it by opening the file with Internalz Pro and Preware. If you need help just ask.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Hi Alan,
    this is Pixletz, (I didn't realize I signed up a new account on the forums I interchange these usernames) so upon googling for Koto Player I found the main website Tibfib | Koto Player and the "Download Now" button displayed there brings me to GitHub page https://github.com/Tibfib/Koto-Player/

It downloads a zip folder and I don't believe it has an ipk? My initial instinct was to install it via Internalz then tried Preware and finally went to WOSQI. It's only a zip folder so I was putting energy into nothing essentially.

Does the developer want me to build an ipk out of the things in the zipped folder?
    If so that process is out of my league.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast