Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    I have replied via email
    So just in case anyone else in this thread would like to know his reply, this is a bug that he is still digging for a fix on.. so no current solution..
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    So just in case anyone else in this thread would like to know his reply, this is a bug that he is still digging for a fix on.. so no current solution..
    I've worked with volcom and have been able to fix this bug for v0.7
    that sounds like the same thing I was experiencing as well. I wonder what the commonality was because sometimes it would get fixed with an update and then sometimes it would break. Updated to 7.0 and all is still good!
    Just thought I'd share something with everyone.

I was having some problems with Koto player erroneously duplicating many songs in my library. It was also having trouble sorting songs a - z, and trouble with the album and artist screens.

Tibfib worked very hard with me over the past couple weeks. Two days ago he made a giant leap and fixed part of the problem, and yesterday he sent me a new ipk that fixed every one of my issues completely!

He's a super guy. I'm very pleased with the way he handled everything, and most importantly, Koto's working great with my fairly large library!

Gotta love devs that get involved with their customers! Thanks, Will!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

+1 to that, fxspec06! He was the same way to me! I had a couple of major issues and he kept sending me IPK's to test until all my issues are cleared up and now everything is perfect! Very respectable Dev! Thanks, Will!
    +2! I requested three things yesterday and he did them that day. I didn't think they were little things either...just a great dev.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Hey!

Found a BOOM.

Model: Sprint Pre-
    Koto: 0.6.4

When tapping trying to change the repeat mode, it doesn't work and just gets stuck tapping the different items as seen in the pic. Here's the log entry:

Quote Originally Posted by lumberjack
    [2011-03-29 11:21:03] (Koto Player) Using builtin: palmfoundationsVersion1_0, file:///usr/palm/frameworks/mojoloader.jsjsjs:$231$
    [2011-03-29 11:21:33] (Koto Player) Error: animateWithTimer: 154
    [2011-03-29 11:21:36] (Koto Player) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'chosen' of undefined, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.tibfib.app.koto/app/assistants/play-assistant.jsjsjs:$845$

M.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

Found a BOOM.

Model: Sprint Pre-
    Koto: 0.6.4

When tapping trying to change the repeat mode, it doesn't work and just gets stuck tapping the different items as seen in the pic. Here's the log entry:

M.
    Oopsy! Fixed for next version. Thanks for the great bug report!
    how do I get it to refresh the music after adding new music.. I have tried restarting application restarting phone updating just type data..
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    how do I get it to refresh the music after adding new music.. I have tried restarting application restarting phone updating just type data..
    Are you putting files with different names on there?

If you put "Groovy_Tune.mp3" on your device, then change the tag data, change album art, etc, then put that that same file name back on your device, that is a nightmare trying to get the phone to see it's different.

In 1.4.5, it was a quick and easy hack to make it work. I still haven't figured out how to do it in 2.*. I have a few files on my phone like that. The file name is the same,but I had changed the tags and art in them and they either show the old data, or none at all. In the old days:

Code:
    stop fileindexer
    delete the media.db3 (where ever that was, I don't remember)
    start fileindexer
    You can't do that these days, though. This, however, isn't an issue with Koto. Any media player will have the same problem.

M.
    there are new songs koto shows 437 and mp3 gain on the computer shows 481.. You are right though musicplayer remix does not update either it seems the only one that does is audiophile..
    how about a feature request to be able to reindex if its possible
    other than that I love the player!
    Thanks for the black theme. I am in love.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Hey!

Just wondering: Was the repeat issue supposed to have been fixed in 0.7RC? It's still happening just as I posted above.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hey!

Just wondering: Was the repeat issue supposed to have been fixed in 0.7RC? It's still happening just as I posted above.
    I do not believe so. It will be fixed in the next public version.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiction1990 View Post
    there are new songs koto shows 437 and mp3 gain on the computer shows 481.. You are right though musicplayer remix does not update either it seems the only one that does is audiophile..
    how about a feature request to be able to reindex if its possible
    other than that I love the player!
    I am unaware of any way to "reindex" files. Sorry! It's been kind of annoying here too.
    Well, I guess this app is dead? Two months and I can't even change the repeat mode??

M.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Well, I guess this app is dead? Two months and I can't even change the repeat mode??

M.
    This app is not dead. It is just on hold for the moment. I am currently abroad and will submit an update when I return in a few weeks.
    Hey I just downloaded Koto last night and I am still trying to learn how to use it. One thing that I find annoying is that every time I open the app it starts with the updating just type data "please don't close."
    Does this have to be done every time I open the app. If not, do you know of a reason why I am experiencing this?
    Also when I open the now playing list has the same 50 songs. did I download the wrong IPK?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by izzmeth View Post
    Hey I just downloaded Koto last night and I am still trying to learn how to use it. One thing that I find annoying is that every time I open the app it starts with the updating just type data "please don't close."
    Does this have to be done every time I open the app. If not, do you know of a reason why I am experiencing this?
    Also when I open the now playing list has the same 50 songs. did I download the wrong IPK?
    Thanks.

I only get that when I add/delete media files. For *me*, that's a near daily thing, but it most certainly does not happen *every* time I open it in the course of a day (or on days I didn't add/delete).

M.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by izzmeth View Post
    Thanks.
    Hmm to me this sounds like a media indexer issue, but I can't be certain. Do you have any issues with the stock music player?

Also, any versions of Koto Player downloaded outside of the app catalog may contain modifications from others and I don't provide support from them.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast