1.    #1  
    The Apps that I've purchased for my Pre will they go right on the WebOs tablet or will I have to re-buy them?

Thanks
    Last edited by PreJim; 01/07/2011 at 06:37 PM.
    Logically since a tablet is not a phone, your going to make a new profile for the tablet/slate/pad/whatever since you cannot have more than one device on a profile and apps dont xfer between profiles. However, there is a rummor that could make this statement untrue so lets see what happens Feb 9 Just things as is right now, yes you will need to buyem again on a new profile.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Logically since a tablet is not a phone, your going to make a new profile for the tablet/slate/pad/whatever since you cannot have more than one device on a profile and apps dont xfer between profiles. However, there is a rummor that could make this statement untrue so lets see what happens Feb 9 Just things as is right now, yes you will need to buyem again on a new profile.
    I really hope not and I think Palm will work this out with developers. At the very least I hope you can use the same profile even if you have to buy the apps again. I really don't want to re-enter all settings for all my contacts, calendars etc. at the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    True true true. Here's to hoping Palm bucks the trend. If the future is smartphones and tablets, shouldn't we be rewarded for sticking with the same company with something like that? I feel almost insulted that I would have to re-download all my apps like that. It seems like a waste of money. Reward my loyalty, don't insult and rip it off.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    I hope HP takes a step in the right direction towards interconnected devices and allows you to use one Palm Profile (or HP Profile? webOS Profile?) across all devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    I hope HP takes a step in the right direction towards interconnected devices and allows you to use one Palm Profile (or HP Profile? webOS Profile?) across all devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    John is betting on that

Opinion: A device-independent webOS future | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....