Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I did a full reset on my phone a number of weeks ago and I forgot to transfer my music to a computer, now I'm curious as whether or not I must buy the mp3's again or just select the buy button and it will download them since I paid for them already.
    what do you mean by full reset?

if you wiped the us partition without copying everything to your PC, you will be buying them again.

where did you buy them from, amazon?
  3.    #3  
    I purchased them from the Amazon mp3 app on the palm pre and yes I wiped the phone clean.
    Then you'll probably have to buy them, again.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    you should open a chat session on the Palm support site and see if they can do something since they will have a record of your purchase.

but don't hold your breath...
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the input and Cantaffordit, I'll give the Palm support a go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you should open a chat session on the Palm support site and see if they can do something since they will have a record of your purchase.

but don't hold your breath...
    So the Amazon app doesn't remember your purchased songs? That can't be right... Then again, I only used the app one time in summer 2009, so I don't really know too much about it.

OP, maybe logging in to your Amazon account via a PC would help. Maybe your purchases are saved in your account info.
    OP, I think I found something... Back when I used the Amazon app, I donwloaded a free song. Just logged into Amazon.com and found that song listed in my Media Library. Maybe if you do the same, you'll be able to redownload your purchased songs? Not sure, but it's worth a look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    OP, I think I found something... Back when I used the Amazon app, I donwloaded a free song. Just logged into Amazon.com and found that song listed in my Media Library. Maybe if you do the same, you'll be able to redownload your purchased songs? Not sure, but it's worth a look.
    Great tip!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I just checked and it only gives the option to buy them, again. There's a download page, but that's what it leads to, buy links.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    I just checked and it only gives the option to buy them, again. There's a download page, but that's what it leads to, buy links.
    Hmm... there has to be a way! It would be ridiculous if Amazon made people rebuy songs if they lost the one they downloaded lol.
    Hmm... there has to be a way! It would be ridiculous if Amazon made people rebuy songs if they lost the one they downloaded lol.
    He could try contacting their customer service. I know they replaced some music for me, when the laptop I had it stored on had died, but that was quite a few years ago.
    i guess were not there yet. the cloud and having a webcentric OS.
    Hmm... I did a bit of searching for an answer and it seems that Amazon will not let you redownload a purchased mp3... I'd try contacting Customer Service.
    Hmm... I did a bit of searching for an answer and it seems that Amazon will not let you redownload a purchased mp3... I'd try contacting Customer Service.
    Booooooooooooo Amazon!

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I believe this is true about Amazon. Logging in to full Amazon site will show music downloaded. I have never tried to downloading again though. Never need to.
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    i guess were not there yet. the cloud and having a webcentric OS.
    Well, with apps like Grooveshark, you technically could have all your music in the cloud. It's Amazon that wants you to buy your music again instead of keeping it for you in the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Booooooooooooo Amazon!

I agree.. That's very disappointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    You can back-up any music you downloaded from Amazon to your phone by putting the phone in USB mode, and copying it from the AmazonMP3 folder. You can also use the software Palm provides for free (Palm Support : Palm Music Assistant (Windows installer)) if you're not comfortable with putting your phone in USB mode. Also, the music downloaded from Amazon is NOT copy-protected.
    Found this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast