Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, as you USA activated Pre owners must know, we just hit 5,000 apps. We even got an official Dailymotion app. They probably made one for webOS because our Youtube app sucks and they saw a chance to convert people.

Anyways, what do you guys think HPalm has left to do in order to become sucessful? Here's my thoughts:

1. Free apps for all International Users (Complete)
    2. More payment options, like Paypal and Carrier Billing
    3. Paid apps for all International Users
    4. webOS 2.1 with the public SDK released ATLEAST a month before new devices hit. This will give time to make new voice and camera apps for new devices, which is sorely needed.
    5. Announce a bunch of new, good looking, up to date hardware. They desperately need to attract new users and developers.
    6. New stock apps. Give them the Enyo treatment, and make em overall better. Our Youtube, Calculator, PDF View, Google Maps, etc SUCK. They really need to be updated.
    7. Mass release new devices.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Also, cookie to guys who saw the 2001 reference.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    5000 apps is a great milestone for now, but webos 2.0 should be released for existing devices sooner than later due to our aging batteries most of us have. If there is any battery life optimizations in 2.0 some of us may not even be able to notice by the time its out in the coming months...
    all of the above, and meet deadlines and stop letting carriers like verizon handicap webos devices
    4950 crap apps. This phone would be dead without homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    I just checked and we have 826 books in the Catalog lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I just checked and we have 826 books in the Catalog lol
    Thank God for Hide App Vendors!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    Come on now, I have over 100 apps installed on my phone. Plus patches. It's really not that bad. We just need big name apps to keep the masses happy
    I still don't understand why Palm restricts the catalog by country. Why would they want to add the extra complexity, and limit the market size available to purchase apps.

Can anyone explain that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Thank God for Hide App Vendors!
    If I used the Catalog more than once every few months, I would definitely need that patch. Doesn't bother me too much though lol
    HP needs to do everything right. They are basically starting from scratch.
    I'd like the carrier billing option, loved that on my Treo. I could just download something and it was added to my next bill.

I'd also like to be able to purchase an app as a gift for someone else. With carrier billing, I was able to select them, have them added to my bill and just send the app to my son's phone.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I still don't understand why Palm restricts the catalog by country. Why would they want to add the extra complexity, and limit the market size available to purchase apps.

Can anyone explain that?
    Whenever it does not make sense, assume it is a carrier issue.
    I like #6. It'd be great if they unleashed some new enyo hotness on us. I just hope they don't tell us about it a year before anything pans out!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    Well, as you USA activated Pre owners must know, we just hit 5,000 apps. We even got an official Dailymotion app. They probably made one for webOS because our Youtube app sucks and they saw a chance to convert people.

Anyways, what do you guys think HPalm has left to do in order to become sucessful? Here's my thoughts:

1. Free apps for all International Users (Complete)
    2. More payment options, like Paypal and Carrier Billing
    3. Paid apps for all International Users
    4. webOS 2.1 with the public SDK released ATLEAST a month before new devices hit. This will give time to make new voice and camera apps for new devices, which is sorely needed.
    5. Announce a bunch of new, good looking, up to date hardware. They desperately need to attract new users and developers.
    6. New stock apps. Give them the Enyo treatment, and make em overall better. Our Youtube, Calculator, PDF View, Google Maps, etc SUCK. They really need to be updated.
    7. Mass release new devices.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Also, cookie to guys who saw the 2001 reference.
    5000 that's all this phone is almost what 2yrs old lol . Yeah we suk I still luv me pre
    so has palm decided 5000 apps are enough? We've been stuck here for a while. Or all the app developers on holiday break?
    It is just the end of the year and holiday lag. App development should pick up after CES.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Palm people is on holidays, so no new apps until 2011 (the same as last year).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by deCorvett View Post
    Palm people is on holidays, so no new apps until 2011 (the same as last year).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Actually last year, Palm made a big push on New Years Eve to get to 1000 apps. I remember because my app was one of the ones released on 12/31/09!

But now that they've hit 5000 (a nice round number), I imagine they're done for the year. They'll probably get back to work on January 3rd.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    I think a lot of people are waiting for 2.0 to come out to release new stuff.
    right now there is an issue with the catalog, on pre2's, and users are getting "unavailable" on 1.4.5, seems like Palm is on vacation and something went wrong
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast