1.    #1  
    After the latest update of My Home Keyboard, it now truly rocks!!! Really wish the Precentral Podcast crew would take a serious look at it.

It's waaaaay better than the Virtual Keyboard. It's faster, and more responsive, and better implemented.

I know, I know, the functionality of My Home Keyboard should be in the OS. I agree. And that makes it all the more amazing what Avner Arbel has done with so little.

Really hope this app takes off. If you want a really solid Vitual Keyboard for WebOS, this is the one.
    As much as that excites me, there will be some kind of virtual keyboard in a future 2.x update.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    As much as that excites me, there will be some kind of virtual keyboard in a future 2.x update.
    This.

Also, I don't see how it is any better let alone waaay better than the homebrew virtual keyboard. Yeah, the homebrew virtual keyboard has its bugs, but you don't need to open an extra app for it. The time it takes to do that, you could have already typed whatever it was by opening the slider or typing on the Homebrew VK. And, it's $5 cheaper.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenMan View Post
    This.

Also, I don't see how it is any better let alone waaay better than the homebrew virtual keyboard. Yeah, the homebrew virtual keyboard has its bugs, but you don't need to open an extra app for it. The time it takes to do that, you could have already typed whatever it was by opening the slider or typing on the Homebrew VK. And, it's $5 cheaper.
    I'll tell ya how it's better, the app sits in the notification area. With Virtual Keyboard, you have to double tap the gesture area and wait, and wonder if maybe it's launced. With MHK, you tap once to expand the notification area, tap on integrated mode and the keyboard comes up within seconds.

With VK you have to have your cursor in a field text, with MHK you can pull it up at anytime while in another app. You can even minimize and switch apps while the keyboard is up. You can't do that with VK.

Yes WebOS will have an integrated keyboard in an upcoming release, but if you're using the Virtual Keyboard, then it's time for you to spend the money on a faster, solid, reliable software keyboard.
    Have to agree. This is one of the first apps I bought and its worth every penny. Works great and is always being updated.
    I don't think is better than virtual keyboard... Come on!!! Open an app to make this keyboard work??? Obsolete!!!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I don't think is better than virtual keyboard... Come on!!! Open an app to make this keyboard work??? Obsolete!!!
    Look, you activate the app once, then close it. You never have to open the app again. It sits in the notification area until you need it. And when you do need it, you just tap the notification area, tap the icon and it comes up within seconds.

The one thing I couldn't stand about the VK is how long it took to come up. And the resonse time is sluggish. The MHK is snappy. And it has haptic feedback!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked, the VK doesn't.

MHK is not for everyone, but I just uninstalled the VK. All I can say is give it a try.
    I've tried both and find myself just using the slideout because I was making so many mistakes with the on screen boards.

I've just started using them on my new Pre, maybe I need more practice or time, idk. lol
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 01/06/2011 at 06:13 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    The haptic feedback always drives me insane and I have to turn it off, for everything.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Look, you activate the app once, then close it. You never have to open the app again. It sits in the notification area until you need it. And when you do need it, you just tap the notification area, tap the icon and it comes up within seconds.
    I like it so far, though when I can get 2.1 on Landscape for messaging and email, I'll like it better..

..however...the fact that it sits in the notification area SUCKS in my opinion. I hate having anything there...much less having to leave it there. Is there no shortcut to bring it up without it already sitting there? I many never use it if not...and that would be a waste of $5.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
  11.    #11  
    You don't have to have it in the notification area. You can set it up in the wave bar. But personally I like having it in the notification area. I think it's a brilliant. But if you don't want it there just change the setting in preferences.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Is this available for 2.1 ?
  13.    #13  
    why yes it is.
    Does it have Dvorak?
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    Is either keyboard useable on the Veer's small screen? Would love to reply to SMSs without sliding it open.