Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Any updates on the Remote?
    I am still working on it. I plan to release a quick compatability update and then follow up with a major update to utilize the new JSON API. It should be out on a few weeks. It depends on how much I get to work on it over the holidays.
    I wanted to give a status update. I have fixed the thumbnails for movies and tv shows. The database schema changed for tv shows, that is why tv shows weren't working at all. Once I get the thumbnails for albums working, I will just need to test that it is still backwards compatible for xbox users. I would say that I am 50% there.
    I just submitted an update to Palm that fixes the issues with Dharma. It usually takes a few days for the update to be approved.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Awesome news, can't wait to try it out
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I am getting Luna restarts when attempting to cache all info.

The first time, I chose all info and thumbs, crashed in a few seconds. So then I tried just info, no thumbs. That was fine

So I tried all info and thumbs again, the remote made it all the way through info and probably 20% of thumbs before it crashed again.
    Try doing a fresh install of the app. After you uninstall, make sure the caching database is deleted by connecting your phone in usb mode and deleting the folder for XBMC that is in the hidden .app-storage folder. Then reinstall. Let me know what happens.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Yes, doing that now. I was going to wait to see if it completed or crashed.

It seems to be going a lot better. Before I attempted to cache after the reinstall, I was able to see album art and TV show banners, but no TV show season art
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Spoke too soon... Another Luna restart
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    One more try....
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Made it to Thumbs: 14%, then crashed
    I wonder if it is a quantity thing? Approximately how many tv shows, movies, and songs do you have in your library? I can try and simulate that quantity on my phone. Do you have a Pre or Pre Plus?
    I don't see a new version of Lite, is this available? Maybe I'm looking at the wrong feed? I want to try this out before buying the full version. I just got XBMC up a running a few weeks ago.
    The lite version is not in sync with the latest full version, so it is missing features, has some bugs, and looks a little different. The url is http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...shome.xbm****e
    Ahh ok, so if I get the full version that will work with v10 of XBMC, but the lite version will not. Ok that's fine. I just just make the purchase anyway since I'm not 100% a fan of the IR remote.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I wonder if it is a quantity thing? Approximately how many tv shows, movies, and songs do you have in your library? I can try and simulate that quantity on my phone. Do you have a Pre or Pre Plus?
    Music: 371 artists, 1234 albums, 13922 songs

Movies: 132 720p, 84 SD

TV Shows: 47 Shows, 205 seasons, 2861 episodes

Pre Plus, 500/1000 screenstate
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Any ideas?
    Sorry I have been distracted with work. Have you tried not using cache all data? The app will cache things as they load the first time. Do you have really large thumbs? I currently have to store the entire thumbnail. Once webos 2.0 comes out I will be able to do much more efficient caching.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    FYI, it looks like 2.1.0 resolved my cache issue. My library has gotten even larger too.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Damn it! Spoke too soon....
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast