1.    #1  
    I couldn't find a thread for this app, so I thought Id start one.Its a ringtone creator that lets you make ringtones of songs on your phone from any part of the song. Also it lets you add some effects. I thought this would be cool since I used to use miniTones on my centro and it worked great. Ive been waiting for this kind of app for webOS.

The cons of this app however....its kinda hard to get the handles in the right spots and the buttons on the bottom, to move the handles, don't really work as good as they should. Also when trying to create the ringtone, I cant tell if its actually working or just stuck with the spinning circle. I haven't been able to create an actual tone with this yet but Im still playing with it.

Other than that, the app is a great start to something I hope will be updated along the way to make it a little more user friendly. Has anyone else used this? What are your thoughts?
  2.    #2  
    No one has used this app huh?
    I have been hesitant to use it because of the price and I haven't heard anything about it.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    No one has used this app huh?
    The reason you get that endless spinning circle is because it's not the phone processing the new ringtone you are creating. It is actually uploading your entire mp3 to the dev's server and cutting/creating the new ringtone, then downloading it back. It is exactly like the photo editing app only way slower because mp3's are bigger than pictures and our upload speed is extremely slow. Read the reviews, lots of people saying it takes eternity to get the new ringtone back once you generate it. I want the app anyway, but don't want to spend $3.99 on it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    The reason you get that endless spinning circle is because it's not the phone processing the new ringtone you are creating. It is actually uploading your entire mp3 to the dev's server and cutting/creating the new ringtone, then downloading it back. It is exactly like the photo editing app only way slower because mp3's are bigger than pictures and our upload speed is extremely slow. Read the reviews, lots of people saying it takes eternity to get the new ringtone back once you generate it. I want the app anyway, but don't want to spend $3.99 on it.
    I understand that it has to upload and download to the server. One of the review comments said "why is internet necessary?" and I agree. Its just trimming an mp3. My centro did that without needing the internet. I bought it because if they are going to charge that much for an app, I was expecting it to work right. Again, I hope that they do some updates with this app. It would be an awesome app if they make it work right. Right now, I dont see how they can charge that much for it.
    I understand that it has to upload and download to the server. One of the review comments said "why is internet necessary?" and I agree. Its just trimming an mp3. My centro did that without needing the internet. I bought it because if they are going to charge that much for an app, I was expecting it to work right. Again, I hope that they do some updates with this app. It would be an awesome app if they make it work right. Right now, I dont see how they can charge that much for it.
    The answer is simple; because Palm hasn't given the proper API's necessary to access the file system which is what is needed to do what the Centro did for you. Until Palm opens these basic things up, we are stuck uploading files to be modified elsewhere. It is pretty lame, I agree.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    The answer is simple; because Palm hasn't given the proper API's necessary to access the file system which is what is needed to do what the Centro did for you. Until Palm opens these basic things up, we are stuck uploading files to be modified elsewhere. It is pretty lame, I agree.
    Well that makes sense that we have all these apps that have to upload to servers. Im going to try this app again over wifi and see if I can actually make a ringtone with this. Another big problem with this though is that I cant seem to get the the start and stop times where I want them. This app kinda irritates me. lol
    I believe they (devs) will have access to the APIs they need when 2.0 comes out so hopefully we will get direct acess mp3 ringtone makers. My HTC Touch Pro I used to have had an excellent one already on the device.
    I bought the app and never worked I got burned n now I can't even dload it anymore it sucks..
    Well that makes sense that we have all these apps that have to upload to servers. Im going to try this app again over wifi and see if I can actually make a ringtone with this. Another big problem with this though is that I cant seem to get the the start and stop times where I want them. This app kinda irritates me. lol
    the reason it is hard to get the exact part of the song you want is that there is only a 3 second focus available. This is a limitation palm has set (its the same in the music player app). You can only rewind or advance 3 seconds at a time.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I had this when it was free beta testing, I lost it recently and want to get it again, i would use the media capture and z-corder to make quick mp3 cuts for ringtones, quality of the cut was not too good though. but if any one has the ipk feel free to send it to me.