Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    well, I just came across an interesting problem. I sighned up for a no-ip.com account, set up a site name, and plugged it into the network settings. The name is zombiesaur.no-ip.org, which is 20 characters. After hitting ok and tring to connect, I get a message saying there was an error while tryong to communicate. It seems that the Streamer IP address allows only 16 characters, because after the p, a capital X and a box are where the ".org" should be. Just wanted to let y'all know, because that's a big problem for me, simply because my home IP address changes pretty regularly. Looking forward to the next update!
    This looks great and I had high hopes for it to replace Orb on my system. However it requires opening ports on the firewall that I can't do as it is not under my control. Orb will let me do this so I guess Orb stays for now.

I hope one of the following can happen.

Media player is designed so it doesn't require firewall/port changes.

or

"Orb Live" client capability can be added to Kalemsoft's media player.

Thanks,
    Zath
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    It's saddening to see this thread die so soon. It's been almost a month since I made my post, with Mary a reply from the developers, let alone the promised update. Even if it is incremental, it would be majorly awesome for them to push out something, as a sign of good faith for those who have paid, and an incentive for those waiting to buy. I really hope this doesn't become another piece of abandonware, because the potential for this is limitless. The simplicity and effectiveness of it puts all other attempts to shame, even those on iOS and Android. Which is saying something. Please don't let this fall behind...
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    It's saddening to see this thread die so soon. It's been almost a month since I made my post, with Mary a reply from the developers, let alone the promised update. Even if it is incremental, it would be majorly awesome for them to push out something, as a sign of good faith for those who have paid, and an incentive for those waiting to buy. I really hope this doesn't become another piece of abandonware, because the potential for this is limitless. The simplicity and effectiveness of it puts all other attempts to shame, even those on iOS and Android. Which is saying something. Please don't let this fall behind...
    No worries. The update is coming this week. Thank you for your patience...

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I have been getting major freezes that require battery pull. I am running 2.1 on a Sprint Frankenpre Plus so I suspect 2.1 is the culprit, can we expect better 2.x support in the upcoming release?
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    I have been getting major freezes that require battery pull. I am running 2.1 on a Sprint Frankenpre Plus so I suspect 2.1 is the culprit, can we expect better 2.x support in the upcoming release?
    It is possible that the issue is WebOS 2.1 related, but it can also be due to the unofficial way of upgrading Pre Plus to WebOS 2.1. Pre 2 owners have not reported this problem yet. May be not the upcoming release (since it is already in the final testing phase now), but we may look at the issue for the release following that. In the meantime, we will keep collecting more feedback. Thank you for the information.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  7.    #67  
    Hi all,

We released the new versions of KalemSoft Media Player/Streamer. Since the apps are out of beta now, we decided to start a new thread. The official releases will be announced in this new thread from now on:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...-released.html

Regards,

KalemSoft
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234