Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bought it already, I can only say it's well worth the money!
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    in addition to mkv, could you add ogm to the file filter list? that would be awesome!

is there any way you could add the streamer to grab subtitles? i have a lot of anime and movies in mkv format, with subtitles included. I tried renaming the mkv's to avi to see if they would play, and they did. unfortunately the streamer didn't get the subtitles. is there any sort of fix for that if the streamer can't get them?

Thanks! i am gonna buy this anyways, but it would be super nice if it had those abilities as well.

update: for those that did purchase, how long did it take to receive an email response from them? Thanks!
    Last edited by gene26; 02/02/2011 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Question about purchase
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    so I bought the app. What now? I don't see any sort of code to enter into the server or the app. I just don't want the app to stop working.
    No, they will take care of it and send you an email that it is fully funtional. For me it was like the next day...........
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by gene26 View Post
    so I bought the app. What now? I don't see any sort of code to enter into the server or the app. I just don't want the app to stop working.
    We sent you confirmation. Please check your spam email folder. In any case, you are all set now.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Hi all,

We released our personal media streamer application for Pre/Pixi (it was previously under beta testing and was announced in this thread). The application has two components. A server that is installed to a Windows based PC and a client that is installed to a Pre/Pixi device. The server can stream media files stored on the PC as well as live content from any attached video cameras, TV cards. etc to the client. The application concept is similar to Orb but all the functionality is integrated into a single application on the client side.

There is a limited-time full-featured demo available at

KalemSoft - Products

A video showing the player in action:

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Wow...once I figured out the port forwarding issues and things went live on my VMWare Windows XP installation without major problems. Shared out my media folder from my Mac and I know have KalemSoft's Media Player Server working side saddle on top of my Mac.

Would love to see a version of your Media Server software for Mac or possibly Java (JVM) if that would be possible, but I don't know what on Windows is actually being used and needed to make streaming possible?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated and keep up the great work. I suspect you'll have another buyer soon! Sorli
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    We sent you confirmation. Please check your spam email folder. In any case, you are all set now.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    I got the email. I just wasn't sure if there was anything else i had to do. In any case, I love the app. I can't wait for the update.

There's only one complaint I have so far. Is there any way you could add a progress bar to the status bar, similar to how youtube, and most other streaming players show whats been buffered? so far, there isn't any way to know how much of the video has been buffered. The percentage doesn't really help. Also, adding ogm video support would be awesome. Is it possible for the streamer to grab subtitles from mkv files? Because that would be fantastic if so.
    I got the app, but I didn't have to buy it. Am I missing something? Should I have had to buy it? I just searched for it on Preware, and installed it, for free. I feel bad if someone bought it, and I got it for free.

BTW Great app. Love it.
    I ran into problems using it on my Mac running VMWare and Windows XP and transmitting to my Pre. Worked great the first day and now it buffers 100% and then runs down to 10% or less and then pauses for an extended period of time.

For you reference, my XP system running the Server component is connected via gigabyte ethernet to my network and my Pre is connected via WIFI, so it should be moving things along nicely and hitting a bottleneck somewhere.

More testing and I'll get back with you if things change and get better. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    any sort of time frame for the next update?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with an ISP that changes my home IP address fairly often? It makes it kinda hard to keep this app running outside my home network.

And another thing, where do the recordings get saved to?
    I can't seem to find them in order to remove them from my Pre.
    Last edited by gene26; 02/10/2011 at 01:29 PM.
  11.    #51  
    any sort of time frame for the next update?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with an ISP that changes my home IP address fairly often? It makes it kinda hard to keep this app running outside my home network.

And another thing, where do the recordings get saved to?
    I can't seem to find them in order to remove them from my Pre.
    You can tap a recording in the list and hold your finger to bring up a context menu. There is a delete option in that menu. All recordings are saved into application installation folder for now (under /data/recordings folder there) due to webos /media write bug on some devices.

We are working on an update currently. We cannot provide a timeframe, but we are getting close. Updates are going to be based on user suggestions as much as possible. So, if you have suggestions that you haven't made already, we will be more than happy to hear them.

Regards.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    that was really helpful! I had no idea about the hold context menu. It should definitely be added to the help menu. I don't know if y'all have seen it, but the XBMC remote by Blake Blackshear, on first startup has a getting started guide that runs through the basics of the remote and what not. It may be a helpful idea to do something similar. And I found the recordings folder no problem using Internalz.

is it possible for the streamer to grab subtitles from mkv and ogm files. Or to even detect .sub/.*** file in the same directory as the video file. Also, the ablity to switch audio streams of a file would be cool. I don't know if its possible, but both of those options would be fantastic. Also, flac support would be nice as well.

whenever the update is live, it will just show up in preware, correct? Also, a changlog of somesort would be greatly appreciated. And just out of curiosity, do you plan to bring this over to the TouchPad? Cause that would be killer.

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the awesome work!
    I have used up my 7 day trial period and want to purchase this application. I do not see this on the app catalog so what do I need to do?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    you need to go to kalemsoft's website. There is a purchase optio at the top of the page. You pick the app, and then you pay! I paid using paypal, so I assume they made note of my email, and added it to the ok list. Not sure how they do it otherwise.
  15.    #55  
    that was really helpful! I had no idea about the hold context menu. It should definitely be added to the help menu. I don't know if y'all have seen it, but the XBMC remote by Blake Blackshear, on first startup has a getting started guide that runs through the basics of the remote and what not. It may be a helpful idea to do something similar. And I found the recordings folder no problem using Internalz.

is it possible for the streamer to grab subtitles from mkv and ogm files. Or to even detect .sub/.*** file in the same directory as the video file. Also, the ablity to switch audio streams of a file would be cool. I don't know if its possible, but both of those options would be fantastic. Also, flac support would be nice as well.

whenever the update is live, it will just show up in preware, correct? Also, a changlog of somesort would be greatly appreciated. And just out of curiosity, do you plan to bring this over to the TouchPad? Cause that would be killer.

Thanks for the reply! Keep up the awesome work!
    Thank you, added these to todo list.

Yes, the new version will be available via Preware.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by FidelitySyndrom View Post
    I have used up my 7 day trial period and want to purchase this application. I do not see this on the app catalog so what do I need to do?
    Please use this link:

KalemSoft - Store

Once we receive your order, we activate your copy. During check out, please use the same email address you used to register an account with KalemSoft Media Streamer or at least specify that email address or your username in the "Add special instructions to seller" link in paypal form so that we can know which account to activate.

If you have additional questions, you can always contact us at KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Purchased. You got ripped off, I would have paid $30 for this! Ha-ha! Even in beta this app is amazing, please keep the updates coming. I would love resume functionality to be added as well as the ability to set the buffer size (is there a way to remove the buffer expiration? I often pause for a long time and when I resume I get an error. Resume functionality would make this less of an issue). This application has so much potential, but I thank you for focusing on functionality over UI. I like the look of the app, but I can see later versions integrating more WebOS gestures (swipe to FF and delete, screen sizing, etc.) Above all, thanks for sticking with Palm through thick and thin, and for being so responsive to questions. WebOS needs a thousand more developers like you guys!
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    For some reason I can't for the life of me get these ports forwarded from my router. The app works great on my wifi, but that doesn't do me much good.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    what kind of router do you have? If you go to portforward.com, it should square you away.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    I've been there and i followed the instructions(http://portforward.com/english/route...et/TEW-452BRP/), but it didn't seem to work right for me. I am using a Trendnet TEW-452BRP.

My link is like this modem -> Vonage -> wireless router -> devices(computer,etc)

I wonder if its the vonage in the middle that is screwing it all up?

EDIT: Just changed the configuration to WAN -> Modem -> Router -> Devices(vonage,computer,etc)

Port forwarding still not working, but i think it might be easier to figure out now. hopefully.

EDIT II: Somehow managed to get it to work. Guess I will try it out and most likely purchase in the coming week.
    Last edited by Smubeht; 02/12/2011 at 10:05 PM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast