Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Does the server autoconvert videofiles to make them compatible with the pre? If so, I would love to test it aswell!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    streaming audio and videos and webcam works perfectly for me, but one thing the TV tuner only streams without audio and i guess this releated to my TV tuner card! i tried to set the audio source there but it hangs and cant stream!!! and many times shows error and streamer server closed! the problem with me happened when streaming TV tuner only. any solution for this or anybody facing similar problem when streaming TV Tuner?
    I would like to know whether it is possible to stream over the 3G connection?
    I have setup the connection over Wifi and that is up and running
    My question is how to go about around it after setup is done with Dydns..
    How do i setup the application after this new domain name i created?
  4.    #24  
    Hi all,

We would like to answer the questions asked so far.

The application allows streaming over 3G in addition to wifi. There is no third-party server being used to stream over content. The stream goes directly from your computer to your Pre/Pixi no matter how you are connecting (3G, wifi, etc.).

The PC application does on-the-fly transcoding/format conversion if necessary. It supports most of the common content types. So even if your Pre/Pixi doesn't support a particular content type, it will be able to play it.

You can also locally record content on your phone in addition to streaming it.

The server support is limited to Windows currently. You may be able to run it on a Mac, Linux etc. using a virtual machine, but this hasn't been tested. On the other hand, 64-bit shouldn't be a problem, but this hasn't been tested either. That is why we need your help...

If there are additional questions, we will be happy to answer them.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    streaming audio and videos and webcam works perfectly for me, but one thing the TV tuner only streams without audio and i guess this releated to my TV tuner card! i tried to set the audio source there but it hangs and cant stream!!! and many times shows error and streamer server closed! the problem with me happened when streaming TV tuner only. any solution for this or anybody facing similar problem when streaming TV Tuner?
    Hi,

Could you please contact us and provide your TV tuner model?

Thanks,

KalemSoft
    Update :
    after I made a support ticket for how to setup for 3G, received email last night (thx for the fast reply), Now after 2 minutes Router setup, I can Finally stream all my **** on the PC over 3G to my beloved Palm Pre!!!!!
    Update :
    after I made a support ticket for how to setup for 3G, received email last night (thx for the fast reply), Now after 2 minutes Router setup, I can Finally stream all my **** on the PC over 3G to my beloved Palm Pre!!!!!
    Update :
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Just submitted a ticket to help out in beta testing. thanks
    I submitted a ticket to help with beta testing. How will we be notified of acceptance?
    You will get an email with the details
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    If you are interested, please contact us at KalemSoft - Live Support Solution (Powered By Help Center Live)
    Definitely interested, email sent!
  13.    #33  
    Thank you all for your interest in beta testing. We received huge number of beta testing requests. Unfortunately, we could not respond to all. The streamer/player applications are officially released now. Those who could not get them have a chance to evaluate the application for seven days with all the features enabled.

They are available here:

Player for Pre:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/..._0.1.1_all.ipk

Player for Pixi:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/..._0.1.1_all.ipk

Streamer:
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/demos/KSMediaStreamer.msi

We specially thank those who have provided feedback which was very valuable for us.

Best Regards,

KalemSoft
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Would love to I have tried other solutions but none are seamless.
    Really appreciate this app. It's a godsend for me, and I suspect it will prove out to be even more valuable in the future. Will you be adding support for other file containers? Specifically mkv's?
    Wow, this works great and replaces ORB perfectly for a live web cam feed.

Can you tell us how long the trial period is?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    Wow, this works great and replaces ORB perfectly for a live web cam feed.

Can you tell us how long the trial period is?
    The trial period is one week.

Regards,

KalemSoft
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    Really appreciate this app. It's a godsend for me, and I suspect it will prove out to be even more valuable in the future. Will you be adding support for other file containers? Specifically mkv's?
    Actually, the streamer should support mkv files as well, but it filters them out based on the extension. You may be able to get around it by renaming the extension to .avi or .mpg on your PC. We will add .mkv to the file filter in the upcoming version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Quote Originally Posted by KalemSoft View Post
    Actually, the streamer should support mkv files as well, but it filters them out based on the extension. You may be able to get around it by renaming the extension to .avi or .mpg on your PC. We will add .mkv to the file filter in the upcoming version.

Regards,

KalemSoft
    Works perfectly.....Thanks for the tip. I sort of thought it might be a problem playing on the PC but no sir! 1080p x264's streaming to my Pre...muahahahahaaa......files I couldn't even store on my Pre.

with hopefully mini hdmi on the new devices it makes a pretty cool media server to go, eh!
    Quote Originally Posted by vholif2137 View Post
    with hopefully mini hdmi on the new devices it makes a pretty cool media server to go, eh!
    In fact, it seems to work better and easier than Tversity or PS3 Media Server to my PS3!

My I ask the transcoder it's using?

I would encourage any WebOS user to try this out, it's really awesome. It saves me a ton of space on the Pre.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast