1.    #1  
    I'm coming from an Android phone (with Google Navigation) which is really the only thing I like. Are there any Navigation apparently besides navit? If I could find something like the stock Map app on the iPhone, I'd be happy. All I neediest my route highlighted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezigrene View Post
    I'm coming from an Android phone (with Google Navigation) which is really the only thing I like. Are there any Navigation apparently besides navit? If I could find something like the stock Map app on the iPhone, I'd be happy. All I neediest my route highlighted.
    I know im probably not helping much but what kind of android phone did you own?
    And last time I checked navit, Google maps and Sprint navigation was all I had.

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Have you tried Google Maps? Also, check out BFG Maps in Preware.

For me, I use a Garmin GPS.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    I know im probably not helping much but what kind of android phone did you own?
    And last time I checked navit, Google maps and Sprint navigation was all I had.

Sent From My HTC EVO 4G Using Tapatalk.

From a Droid Incredible. I hate Android with a passion.
    I just use Sprint Navigation and it works great.
    How about a map / navigation app that doesnt rely on your mobile carrier?
    Australian Apple fan
    Wannabe webOS developer, Multimedia designer & UI designer

I have some app ideas, but really need to get a better handle of how this jscript stuff works!
    All I use, all I need is Sprint Nav app, works great where I live/travel in the tri-state area of CA/NV/AZ.
    Garmin stand alone GPS. Only use the phone GPS if I'm looking for general destination, ie; pizza, beer, coffee.
    +1
    Sprint navigation is best for trips because it will call out the route and recalculate the route if you go off track.

Now if you don't want to hear that stuff you can turn off the volume or use google maps which, as far as I know, does not recalculate the route when you go off track. I think that it just draws a route and keeps it there, so you would need to keep looking at your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    Garmin stand alone GPS. Only use the phone GPS if I'm looking for general destination, ie; pizza, beer, coffee.

Same here.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    You didn't state which carrier you are on but it doesn't sound like Sprint. With Verizon you are going to have problems with GPS navigation without the workaround that is in Preware from what I have read. I don't know about AT&T or T-Mobile. I have been using Sprint Nav for many years now on feature phones and now a Pre and it has worked very well for me, gotten me where I want to go everytime, and it is powered by Navit. Good luck with whatever app you decide on.
    I'm with Sprint and use the Sprint Navigation. Works great. I can access right from calendar. Makes my life very easy. Make sure you have car charger. My TomTom broke and just use my phone now. Changed the default setting from Google to Sprint Nav in the phone.
    I am on Verizon and they have messed up the GPS on the Pre Plus so for any serious Navigation I use my TomTom.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
    Bell Mobility....GoogleMaps is all I use now. Simple interface and (this was an issue for some people) the loading times have sped up dramatically, a couple of weeks ago it was in the 10-15 second range to load up, and as of yesterday it was turning on within 4 seconds. I have a Garmin that's been 'resting' in the centre console of my car for the last 6 months. Main reason I use it instead of the Garmin, I get my tracking info on my phone, and copy/paste works great going from my work app to maps, a few button presses, couple swipes and I'm in. I don't know if there's a "line-draw" feature, I've never needed to know how to get to where I'm going, so much as pin-point where it is once I'm in the area.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    BFG Maps is in the App Catalog. Loads faster than Google Maps and uses Google's api's.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    BFG Maps is in the App Catalog. Loads faster than Google Maps and uses Google's api's.
    I just compared load up speeds of both and GoogleMaps was a hands-down winner by at least 5 seconds. It used to be the other way around. Although the GoogleEarth view of BFG is cool, I find the GoogleMaps view easier to see where you are going.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    then use whichever is faster for you.
    I do like Sprint navigavtion quite a bit but it does have a tendency to "lose it" in a big city. With close city streets and a gps signal that peraps is not as percise as stand-alone, it can go into a recalculating frenzy that you don't see with dedicated devices. And if you have to take a short detour, by the time it recalculates you might be now on a different street so it recalculates again.

think it is a combo of the time it takes t recalculate the route and the level of gps accuracy sets it off into a tizzy!