1.    #1  
    VLC Remote (paid version) worked fine after I installed it, but now it can't see VLC on my computer (Mac 10.6.5). I've upgraded to the latest releases of both VLC and the remote. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and gone through all the troubleshooting steps suggested on the troubleshooting page. Anyone else having this problem or can offer me some more troubleshooting ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by jacinthe View Post
    VLC Remote (paid version) worked fine after I installed it, but now it can't see VLC on my computer (Mac 10.6.5). I've upgraded to the latest releases of both VLC and the remote. I've uninstalled/reinstalled and gone through all the troubleshooting steps suggested on the troubleshooting page. Anyone else having this problem or can offer me some more troubleshooting ideas?
    ? I don't think you are in the proper forum as this is for webos not android

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    You need to check an android forum like AndroidCentral.com for the answer.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/14/2010 at 01:17 AM.
    Nonsense! You are welcome to post any question about my apps here.

The question here is 'what changed'

Possibilities;

1) You changed your network connection? (did your android start connecting to your neighbours wifi???)

2) You updated VLC and didn't re-run the setup helper

3) Something else like a firewall...

It's tough to tell exactly what is up without more detail.
    I'd suggest trying these:
    1) Turn off firewall at your router and your computer to test (if you are concerned about security, then you can disconnect your router from the internet).
    -If this fixes the problem, then you can turn the firewalls back on and fiddle with the settings to make sure that VLC Remote can talk to VLC.
    2) Make sure both computers are connected to the same local network.
    Failing that, detailed troubleshooting is here:
    VLCRemote troubleshooting - Hobbyist Software

If this doesn't help, then please let me know
    A - which steps in the troubleshooting work
    B - which don't
    and I should be able to help more.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre