Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Shots2010 has been ported to webOS! This is a useful immunization guide originally conceived by Kent Willyard for PalmOS. Since then it's been managed by the GIE. I've been in contact with Kent and the GIE about a webOS version. Here's a sneak preview of the conversion I did over the weekend (yes, it took me only 2 days in Ares)

One GIE gives their approval, I shall release it in the App Catalog.
    Last edited by palmdoc2005; 12/29/2010 at 01:38 AM.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Palmdoc you are amazing!!!
  3.    #3  

OK I have uploaded the app to a private beta url (not in the Palm feeds) for closed beta testing. If you would like to test this app please PM me and I shall let you have the link. Conditions for beta testing:
    1) do not share the app (since I don't have GIE's official blessing yet)
    2) provide feedback
    its working great in my little trial of it.Is it possible to increase the size of the schedules for selecting a specific vaccine?The buttons are small and possibly if we could scroll down if their size is to be increased that would e just fine.Great pictures and all the added information for each vaccine and their subsequent age groups is great i definitely have to say
  5.    #5  
    Not possible the way it is coded right now since it's a static background image ("buttons" and all) from the Shots website. There aren't real buttons as such but I put the whole page layout as "absolute" and then transparent "rows" over the buttons for the individual vaccines, and specify onTap events for the "rows". I find this is the easiest way to do the conversion.
    ok thanks.i guess pinch and zoom etc could be put in later
    Looks good. If you redo to the graphics of the schedules and use icons +/- text on lower menu, and this would be golden.
  8.    #8  
    I can't redo the graphics of the schedules since that's from the official site. I had a go at making icons for the menu buttons at the bottm row but gave up and went with text instead. Maybe in a future version (Shots2011?)
    i guess with Epocrates leaving you are giving webos medical apps the shot in the arm that we need to boost them
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post

OK I have uploaded the app to a private beta url (not in the Palm feeds) for closed beta testing. If you would like to test this app please PM me and I shall let you have the link. Conditions for beta testing:
    1) do not share the app (since I don't have GIE's official blessing yet)
    2) provide feedback
    I found my Pre again. Can I beta test it?
  11.    #11  
    Sure, PM me your email
    palmdoc this looks like something that would help me when parents come in to register and my nurse is not available. I would to beta test as well.
  13.    #13  
    OK sent you both PMs
    Where do we provide the feedback?
  15.    #15  
    You could discuss the app right here.
  16.    #16  
    OK I am now changing status of the app to Open beta testing. Install directly into your device using this URL:

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

I would be interested to know if it works well on Pixi devices
    Hadn't posted because we haven't went back to work to get a field test with it. The shots aren't in layman terms so I have to look at a shot record to compare.
  18.    #18  
    Version 0.9.0 uploaded and ready for open beta testing. The bug fix was missing Pentacel vaccine information.
  19.    #19  
    Out now in the Official App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    haha I just got pimped in clinic today by my attending on this, came to the forums looking for other info. Gotta drop by more often!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast