Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 98
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Is it in the app catalog already, because i dont c it???
    I don't think so.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Is it in the app catalog already, because i dont c it???
    It says they "submitted it." So we"ll probably see it later this afternoon....hopefully
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I agree, I'm just pointing out that there was a lot of whining about rovio a few months ago. I'm too lazy to find the links, but it was pretty silly.

    I totally agree with you, and I'll certainly buy anything Rovio puts in the catalog
    The surprising thing to me is that with so many android users, Rovio is not taking the oppurtunity to profit from such a popular app by only offering a free version with ads. Curious!
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    It says they "submitted it." So we"ll probably see it later this afternoon....hopefully
    probly not till early next week last update was sent on a thursday and didn't come out till the following tuesday. Not sure what took so long, my app updates take less than 24hrs to get out.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The surprising thing to me is that with so many android users, Rovio is not taking the oppurtunity to profit from such a popular app by only offering a free version with ads. Curious!

    Maybe their ad revenue is driven by eyeballs - and the more installs the more money they get - maybe that's higher than the estimated $ they would get if they sold a version without ads.

    My thought - ask them directly.
  6. #26  
    Didn't the same thing happen last week? They said they submitted it, and it only showed up a couple of days ago.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The surprising thing to me is that with so many android users, Rovio is not taking the oppurtunity to profit from such a popular app by only offering a free version with ads. Curious!
    I read somewhere that they were making a fortune from the ad-driven version. Much more than from game sales. I don't recall the source of that info, but it could make sense given the huge number of droid users that downloaded it.

    The day it came out on Android I was in the waiting room of a tire store and a guy came in with a Droid2. I asked him if he had it yet, and he hadn't even heard of it. 2 minutes later he was playing it and was REALLY in to it and ran his battery out.
  8. #28  
    I am just truly grateful that Rovio has taken the time to not forget about us and completely catch us up to everyone else! That makes me very happy! Thanks Rovio! I will be purchasing this as soon as it hits!


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    probly not till early next week last update was sent on a thursday and didn't come out till the following tuesday. Not sure what took so long, my app updates take less than 24hrs to get out.
    That would defeat the whole purpose of having that one level unlocked a day until Christmas. They SHOULD have given it to us on the first but oh well. If they want us to enjoy that Christmas feature, they should release it to us as soon as possible. But they submitted it so I guess its up to Palm now.
  10. #30  
    I'll be snagging it when it's available.

    Betting my son's going to want it, too. That means I'll be handing over a card number that he can use. LOL
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11. #31  
    My app updates also take only a day. What special functionality does Angry Birds have that they must test it for days?
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    My app updates also take only a day. What special functionality does Angry Birds have that they must test it for days?
    Are your apps PDK?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    My app updates also take only a day. What special functionality does Angry Birds have that they must test it for days?
    It took a couple days before the update came out. I imagine it will be the same for the new version.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan


    Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    That would defeat the whole purpose of having that one level unlocked a day until Christmas. They SHOULD have given it to us on the first but oh well. If they want us to enjoy that Christmas feature, they should release it to us as soon as possible. But they submitted it so I guess its up to Palm now.
    Each day another level is unlocked, but I believe you can still go back and play levels for days past.


    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    My app updates also take only a day. What special functionality does Angry Birds have that they must test it for days?
    The testers are maybe trying to get 3 stars on each level?
    EDIT: or they start testing and lose track of time Before they know it a couple of days have passed.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Are your apps PDK?

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    No, not yet.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Each day another level is unlocked, but I believe you can still go back and play levels for days past.
    My point is, thats not as fun as opening a new level each day.
  17. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
       #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    The surprising thing to me is that with so many android users, Rovio is not taking the oppurtunity to profit from such a popular app by only offering a free version with ads. Curious!
    Google worked up a deal with them to make it free. They aren't losing any money.
  18. blz2's Avatar
    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
       #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    My app updates also take only a day. What special functionality does Angry Birds have that they must test it for days?
    It takes longer because while they're testing it, they get addicted to it and can't stop playing it long enough to put it in the catalog

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    The testers are maybe trying to get 3 stars on each level?
    EDIT: or they start testing and lose track of time Before they know it a couple of days have passed.
    You beat me to it
    Last edited by blz2; 12/10/2010 at 03:10 PM.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    EDIT: or they start testing and lose track of time Before they know it a couple of days have passed.

    +1
  20. #40  
    Let's just be happy that we will have what all the other's have after this game comes out. Thank you Rovio for not forgetting us and showing us love!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions