1.    #1  
    With almost everyone(that i know of) on this board having someone that suffers from a serious medical condition. I am planning on creating a News App that will take the RSS of major medical condition and classify them by condition. This will include major research studies, major websites reporting news on said conditions.

Medical conditions that I am starting with.

MS (Multiple Sclerosis)
    MD (Muscular Dystrophy)
    Cancer (as many as i can find enough information for)
    Diabetes
    Hypertension(depending on articles and information found)
    Last edited by Major Payne; 12/13/2010 at 08:53 AM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Not sure who your audience base is, but if you expect it to be mostly Americans, you should also look into doing Type 1 and 2 DM (Diabetes). Type 1 is an autoimmune disease and is a very active research field as the current etiology of the disease has yet to be confirmed. Type 2 DM is important for obvious reasons as it is linked to Metabolic Syndrome (Obesity).

HTN (Hypertension) would also be a great idea as it affects many Americans today.

PS. I'm a 2nd year med student and I would love to check this app out when it's done.
    Sounds interesting. Keep in mind, though, that "cancer" will result in a huuuuuge # of articles. You need to break down these by category.

Break up articles by journal as well.

Your app may be interesting to the medical professional who is interested in keeping up to date on the latest findings. I'm interested to see how it goes. Even more interesting is that I have to be signed into my institution's account to access some articles through uptodate, pubmed, ovid, etc. If you can make that possible through your app somehow, you're golden. If I can only read abstracts, well, that's bullshhhhhhhh.
  4.    #4  
    Virionbased: Those are 3 I intend to include now

thank you for your Information Stung. I might need more information in the coming days... I hope to have some of this done in my spare time which i admit is not alot yet

Edit: Also please bear with me as this is my first app and I have never played with any of the programs.
    Last edited by Major Payne; 12/13/2010 at 09:05 AM.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?