View Poll Results: Do you want a GetGlue App on webOS?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd kill to have one

53 76.81%
  • Maybe

6 8.70%
  • I could care less

10 14.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Okay, I've heard a few people cry for a GetGlue App.
    I have some spare time on my hands, so I can work on one. But, I need to know if it's worth my time. I need to know that at least 1,000 people are interested in it. So, if you want this App, please indicate your interest (please don't skew the data with multiple votes)
    Last edited by snoopgoat; 12/09/2010 at 10:20 PM.
    please!! Please!!! I want it!! I've been waiting for months for someone to make this app.
    Last edited by bullonparade85; 12/10/2010 at 12:04 AM.
    You know I want one! Been bugging everyone for one...LOL
    I would Die for this, lol. I use it as much as FaceBook.
    Can we get this on the front page mods?!
    Yes please! I'll even beta test for you. PM me if you get the votes.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Hmmm. Guess we are going to fall short of 1000 votes. I have bugged the editors for WEEKS about putting a blurb on the front page about Getglue (the CEO of Getglue told me they'd consider an official app if they got enough interest), but still there is NO effort on the editors part about it at all. I don't get it. I use this more than foursquare, gowalla, or facebook. It is second only to twitter for me.
    What I don't get is this: We all complain about being the red-headed stepchild in the mobile space, and not getting enough app love from developers. But then when we have people saying they will make apps if there is interest, no one shows up, or worse yet, we have individuals say they are not interest - who ARE those three votes up there?! Even if you are not interested in an app, you should vote for development of more apps to get more webOS exposure.... *shaking my head*

Sean
    Interested

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    What I don't get is this: We all complain about being the red-headed stepchild in the mobile space, and not getting enough app love from developers. But then when we have people saying they will make apps if there is interest, no one shows up, or worse yet, we have individuals say they are not interest - who ARE those three votes up there?! Even if you are not interested in an app, you should vote for development of more apps to get more webOS exposure.... *shaking my head*

Sean
    Could it be because a lot of people around here have no idea what GetGlue is or why we'd want to use it? Because I see no information in the original post of this thread and the link provided leads to a log-in page with no other information. (Clicks around the log-in page a bit.) Ah, here we go:
    GetGlue is a social network for entertainment. Check-in and rate things to discover new favorites, see what your friends are into, get stickers and discounts. Learn more
    So basically it's like Foursquare or Gowalla? While I've never found either particularly useful (although I do sometimes use Foursquare to figure out where to eat when I'm in an unfamiliar area). Hmmm, judging from the "Recent Activity screen on the GetGlu page it looks like there is a strong emphasis on discovering TV and movies. So it's more of an entertainment based social network. This could be potentially more useful for couch potatoes like myself. (There's even a Couch Potato badge.)

You know I, hadn't heard about GetGlu before this post (well, I might have heard about it and dismissed it on TWiT or some other podcast) but from what I've seen, I would definitely try it if it were available for webOS. The introductory is certainly compelling for an avid couch potato.
    Last edited by DarthRepublican; 12/13/2010 at 12:23 AM. Reason: fixed broken link
    I wouldn't mind having it. More apps the better, especially high profile ones like this.
    Yes its like Foursquare or Gowalla, but not for going places, its more for us couch potatoes - stuff we're watching, reading, thinking about, etc... I found I use it more than either Foursquare or Gowalla... second to Twitter actually.
    I think once the app hits the app catalog and gets a little advertisement from pre central and palm it will really take off. GetGlue is getting more and more popular every day. I really need this app!!!
    Very Interested
    getglue is seeking feedback to gauge interest in a webOS app too. I wrote an article about it but it hasn't run yet.
    What is getglue anyway?
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
    any news on this???
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    i would love a GetGlue app on my pre, i use it all the time on my iPod
    I want it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast