View Poll Results: Would a Preware Day or webOS Homebrew Day be of Value?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I need help installing Preware and live in San Antonio, TX.

0 0%
  • Yes, I need help installing Preware, but do NOT live in San Antonio, TX.

0 0%
  • Yes, but I have Preware installed and would only attend to meet other webOS users.

2 50.00%
  • No, I already have Preware installed OR donít care to install Preware.

2 50.00%
  1.    #1  
    I had been thinking for a while of starting a Preware or Homebrew day in which I would take my notebook to my local bar and invite anyone who is interested to stop buy and get Preware installed for free.

Only issues I see are as follows:
    • People would only know about it from reading about it in these forums and I’d imagine that most people in these forums have already taken the plunge and installed Preware.
    • I am in San Antonio, TX, which narrows down the above crowd quite a bit.

Of course anyone could do the same in their home town, but I decided to start this poll in order to get an idea as to if this would be worthwhile or not. I have not noticed any events similar to this in the past, but if there were, any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.
    I like how you want to help others outside of precentral but your time I'm afraid would be better served on here helping people out.

but we have to realize that most people don't really care that much about their phones and nor do they have the time to **** around with their phones and trying all the patches and learning about hunk failed this. Doctor that.

IMHO
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    I like how you want to help others outside of precentral but your time I'm afraid would be better served on here helping people out.

but we have to realize that most people don't really care that much about their phones and nor do they have the time to **** around with their phones and trying all the patches and learning about hunk failed this. Doctor that.

IMHO
    From the lack of replies and how long ago I posted this, yes I'd have to agree with you. Other problem is that people who would go to this site to find out about it,have probably already installed Preware.... Maybe the poll should have been just about organizing a Preware event in each city where Precentral peeps could just meet up to see each other in person.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think that is a better way to put it. Maybe a webOS Day?

My Themes:CLICK HERE