Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today, Howard announced he will be returning to Sirius, signing a 5 year contract.

He also announced that Sirius will be available as a mobile app on "all cell phones."

So, will Sirius be available on WebOS?
    most companies overlook webOS. KiK is supposedly on all platforms too.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    He also announced that Sirius will be available as a mobile app on "all cell phones." So, will Sirius be available on WebOS?
    Don't be silly. You know he means all phones that Sirius has an app for and webOS isn't one of them. I've e-mailed Sirius several times requesting a webOS app and they pretty much feel they have their bases covered with the big three. Unless HP starts working some magic, I doubt it's gonna happen and believe me I want one.

I was holding out hope for the web player when Flash comes out, but we know how that turned out this year...

Update: There, I just e-mailed Sirius again to see what their latest lame response will be.
    Last edited by WoodWulf; 12/09/2010 at 07:06 AM.
    I want this too but am not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddonahueiup View Post
    I want this too but am not holding my breath.
    Me neither... I wanna live!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I saw this:

The new deal finally gives us Howard 100 & 101 on all of the official cell phone apps. (iphone, android, & blackberry)
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    When I heard that announcement today, it just drove the final nail in the webOS coffin for me. There's basically no chance of a Sirius App coming to webos... not anytime soon anyway. No one considers webos a major player in the smart phone market. As soon as the EVO hits the $100 price point, i'm out of here.
    It doesn't help, I love howard but I'm not jumping ship cus of him. Over reaction thursday?
    I heard this today and came into work to look to see if there was an app. In order for the app to work you still need to sign up for the internet subscription. Seems to be a little short sighted to not bring out all the apps possible in order to increase revenue. It's not like Sirius is really tearing up the world, even with 20 million subscribers. Every dollar counts. How hard could it be to port the app to webos?
    yeah this isn't the smartest compnay besides hiring stern, look @ the other people the company has wasted money on martha stewart,oprah, dr. Laura, list goes on. So I agree your concept makes sense but it's the same for espn and their app to. I guess when we are only 1 percent of the market we are the low men. The things we sacifice for a fantastic os.
  11.    #11  
    Here's the information posted on sirius.com:

Clicking on this thread was a big letdown.......

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Now that Howard Sterns new contract allows his content to be on the Sirius app I feel left out. Is there any news the app will be ported to WebOS?
    if the OP is correct, my wife will be able to listen to Howard on her old RAZr, and I will be able to switch back to my Centro.

I think someone is overthinking the term "all", perhaps?
    <<threads merged>>

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Here's what I read over at the AndroidCentral article

Stern has just inked a new five-year contract with Sirius that will bring him to internet streaming as well as to mobile, two areas that were previously restricted.
    Now this is just my personal speculation, but Internet streaming sounds promising. I'm not too familiar with Sirius' subscriptions and whatnot, but it sounds to me like a subscriber could stream it on a computer through the web, similar to shoutcast/etc... it'd be nice to be able to log in with a subscription, and be able to open the stream file in a WebOS player. Don't lose hope and freak out yet, guys.

On another note.... a resourceful mind can find tons of archives of Stern with a little digging.... *whistling out the door*~...
  17.    #17  
    You could always stream Howard on Sirius over the internet on a PC.

The "news" is that Howard will now be available on mobile platforms, where it was not before.

WebOS does not appear to be supported, only iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.
    If WebOS 2.0 has flash, couldn't you just use Sirius via their website?
    Last edited by AOW; 12/17/2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AOW View Post
    I WebOS 2.0 has flash, couldn't you just use Sirius via their website?
    That's what I was thinking. Some people get so upset over a lack of a dedicated app, but they're not always that great. It's a way for a company to lower site bandwidth with pre-loaded graphics/web content. When you can put a bookmark into the launcher on WebOS, I don't see why it's a big deal.
    depends on whether they use DRM like Hulu does.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast