1.    #1  
    Can anyone help me. I am trying to Hotsyncing MotionApps Classic on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus to my Palm Desktop. I tried following the steps (determining IP address, etc), but no luck. And MotionApps removed their webpage with the detailed instructions. I watched a YouTube video showing how to Hotsync, but still no luck.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Have you tried disabling your desktop computer's firewall temporarily to see if it then works?

What OS is your desktop running? What is the level of the Palm desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePalmPrePlus View Post
    Can anyone help me. I am trying to Hotsyncing MotionApps Classic on my Verizon Palm Pre Plus to my Palm Desktop. I tried following the steps (determining IP address, etc), but no luck. And MotionApps removed their webpage with the detailed instructions. I watched a YouTube video showing how to Hotsync, but still no luck.

Thanks,
    Mike
    I am running Win 7 and VZ Pre+ with no issue syncing with Outlook, InfoSelect and my Classic apps.

Couple of things I learned.

1) You have to be on the same wifi network as your PC. Make sure your Pre is connected to your WiFi network.
    2) You still have to have Hotsync installed and running in the background in your tray. You can still install PalmOs app PRC's the same way using Destop install. I don't recall but I believe you have to have the latest Palm Desktop/Hotsync software. I am running Palm Desktop 6.2.2v which came with Hotsync Manager 7.0.2.
    3) You have to do IPconfig on Run command on your PC to find your IP address. My Netlink Wireless G router uses dynamic IP address and so it changes every now and then. After several sync's, my Classic now shows me several IP addresses in which I simply select the correct one. Not too difficult once you get the hang of it.

Jon