Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just got the e-mail. Dealbreaker.

Due to the relatively low interest level among our user base, Epocrates has decided to discontinue support of the Palm® webOS™ platform for smartphones.
    There will be one last clinical update in mid-December and we will notify you as soon as it is available. If you need to install or update the product, please do so by 2/1. On that date, we will remove the application from the App Catalog.
    You can keep access to Epocrates content through our online site , which is optimized for your mobile device. Please note this will require Internet access. Also, if you are in the process of deciding on a new device, we encourage you to look at Epocrates products on iPhone® and iPod touch® and Android™ devices — with quick access to all you need at the point of care.
    The Epocrates Rx® for Palm webOS application will cease to work in May. At that time, the app will not open and will cease to function.
    Please see our FAQ for additional information.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Just got this e-mail from Epocrates

Epocrates Rx® for Palm® webOS™

Dear Jason,

Due to the relatively low interest level among our user base, Epocrates has decided to discontinue support of the Palm® webOS™ platform for smartphones.

There will be one last clinical update in mid-December and we will notify you as soon as it is available. If you need to install or update the product, please do so by 2/1. On that date, we will remove the application from the App Catalog.

You can keep access to Epocrates content through our online site , which is optimized for your mobile device. Please note this will require Internet access. Also, if you are in the process of deciding on a new device, we encourage you to look at Epocrates products on iPhone® and iPod touch® and Android™ devices — with quick access to all you need at the point of care.

The Epocrates Rx® for Palm webOS application will cease to work in May. At that time, the app will not open and will cease to function.

Sincerely,

The Epocrates Team
    I just got that email too...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Looks like HP Palm is not able to keep this important developer.

Not a good sign :<
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Same
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Got an email from Epocrates:
    "Due to the relatively low interest level among our user base, Epocrates has decided to discontinue support of the Palm® webOS™ platform for smartphones.

Sincerely,"

Based on this, I'll have no choice but to drop Palm. I'm dependent on Epocrates. I'm deeply disappointed as I have been willing to stay with Palm up until this moment since this critical app was available.
    If this doesn't change by Jan 2011, I'll be forced to jump to either Iphone or Android.

Sad.
    Are we really surprised? I'm not. Disappointed, Yes. A terrifically useful app. We can only hope someone else will develop something new.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Are we really surprised? I'm not. Disappointed, Yes. A terrifically useful app. We can only hope someone else will develop something new.
    I'm not surprised really. I hope we eventually start getting some dev love. Maybe someday...
    This could be the nail in the coffin for me as a webOS user!

I love the pre plus, I love webOS, but if I cant have epocrates on classic or on webOS, and have to rely on the online website only to access epocrates, then my productivity falls tremendously as a physician.

I hope HP is paying attention- tablets and new form factors are nice, but if there are no apps for users in the medical field, then they will lose and not gain any additional users in the medical field. I can always carry my ipod touch around, functioning like a pda, bringing me back to the palm PDA days, but I dont want to carry two devices.

is there any way HP can intervene? they arent capturing the business market, they have become an also ran in the consumer field, and now they will be losing the medical market.

Just got the email as well, Sad....

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    What's it do? How's the online site work?
    Just here to confirm this. I got the email too and was just about to make a topic, until I saw this one. This is quite disheartening.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Likewise

Although it didn't mention anything about PalmOS, so curiously I think they'll still be supporting the dead OS because it's more popular... sad. Yet another reason that Classic NEEDS to work on webOS 2.0. Unfortunately I think this is one of those programs that could potentially cause some people to switch phones. Yes I was glad to see that Angry Birds finally updated for webOS today, but I wouldn't consider jumping ship if it didn't happen. However as a medical student soon-to-be-resident that needs a reliable and quick medical reference, if I know epocrates is pulling all support from webOS it may cause for some reconsideration when it's time for a new phone.

HP better pull out some sweet new hardware soon. The only way epocrates will continue support is a flood of new customers demanding the product on webOS.
    I have 18 months to go on my contract. At that point, I wonder if there will even be a Palm phone. In any event, I will very likely look elsewhere for a phone, sadly. How come we can get games out the rear, but good productivity and business apps?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Received this email message from Epocrates today. WOW am I disappointed! I guess I will have to keep that Palm TX active in order to have access to Epocrates.

Dear Patrice,

Sincerely,

Epocrates Team
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    It is a shame that Epocrates will not be developing for webOS users. I understand their position. I am one of the few who have been using Epocrates Essentials on my previous Palm OS products and was hoping they would expand it to webOS devices.

Hopefully, once HP gets webOS rebooted and come out with multiple smartphone form factors and tablet, Epocrates may reconsider.

Lexi-Comp is still available for webOS devices which I also use. But, sounds like I will keep Epocrates Essentials on my iPad and may have to consider getting an iPhone in the future because of this decision...
    Got the same e-mail and rushed to the forums to check if anyone else had reported it.

Very depressing.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I think it might be the nail in the coffin for a lot of users.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  19.    #19  
    I'm gone, for one. How should I handle this? In May the app won't work. I start residency in July. Phone contract expires in August. I'm thinking I should try and get by with the mobile version between May and August, and then switch to whatever carrier has the best reception in the hospital. What do you guys think? Maybe buy a pocket pharmacopia also to hold me over between May and early August?
    Buy an iPod touch. Then you have an MP3 player, mini-tablet and Epocrates?
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast