Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    Well, in digging I found an exception in the connection script when checking bluetooth PAN status. When I comment out this checking it works. The dev's for the app officially state "we do not currently support Web OS 2" and further responses will go to their Tier 2 Customer Care team, so I'll follow-up and hopefully they will patch and get out an update quickly.

I'll keep digging out of curiousity to see why this broke with 2.x.
    So it sounds like DETERMINEDD may have figured out the issue? Will someone now follow up with Kobo and press them for a fix? I love my new Pre2, but completely bummed I can't read my Kobo epubs!
    I've informed Kobo cust support of the fix, so now we wait. In the meantime you can install the patch linked below. The patch just comments out btpan.state checking.

[Patch] eBooks by Kobo WebOS 2.x connection fix
    Last edited by determinedd; 03/13/2011 at 03:10 PM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Also, have you tried the pReader app? You might be able to read your epubs with it while you wait for the Kobo app to be officially fixed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by rsanchez1; 03/13/2011 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Also, have you tried the pReader app?
    pReader seems like a pretty good app, but I need specific books and my attempts to circumvent Amazon's DRM'd epub's have failed, so I stick with Kobo.

Hopefully someone else will find the alternative useful.
    Last edited by determinedd; 03/13/2011 at 08:14 PM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Yes, I meant pReader.
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    I've informed Kobo cust support of the fix, so now we wait. In the meantime you can install the patch linked below. The patch just comments out btpan.state checking.
    Your patch did the trick! Kobo works now! You're the bomb! MANY thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dcieslak View Post
    Your patch did the trick! Kobo works now! You're the bomb! MANY thanks!!
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback.
    The latest, and I assume last, word from Kobo customer support was to submit this as a feature request. So I did. If you think it's worth pushing this instead of waiting for HP to get Adobe to create a webOS ereader app then follow-up at the link below.

Kobo + HP webOS 2.x = I <3 eBooks by Kobo!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    same problem with me Kobo broke after I patched my Sprint Pre Minus to 2.1.0. Uggg.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=determinedd;2908037]I've informed Kobo cust support of the fix, so now we wait. In the meantime you can install the patch linked below. The patch just comments out btpan.state checking.

[Patch] eBooks by Kobo WebOS 2.x connection fix[/QUOTE

I am using a Pre Minus from Sprint I applied the 2.1.0 Weos upgrade and love it only did it so I could get the Comic Reader!! lol
    lo and behold the Kobo app no longer worked!! lol. I have also contacted Kobo and was escalated in the support process since beginning of April with no response yet! I just wanted to say thank you for the patch for Kobo. It worked for me!! Now I can read the newest installment of the Jean Auel Earth Children series!!

Again thanks for helping to make this site useful for Web-Os Users!!
    I have webOS 1.4.5, kobo, in my latest e-mail from them recommended I go back to 1.4 which was never loaded on my Palm Pre Plus. Are they that dumb?

This app worked at one time then went into the "Loading forever mode"
    Quote Originally Posted by lgray001 View Post
    I have webOS 1.4.5, kobo, in my latest e-mail from them recommended I go back to 1.4 which was never loaded on my Palm Pre Plus. Are they that dumb?

This app worked at one time then went into the "Loading forever mode"
    Not necessarily dumb, but unfamiliar with webOS. This issue isn't known to occur with versions prior to 2.0, so I would suggest turning airplane mode on then off and try opening Kobo again. You could also try using only wifi. If you still have problems consider if any patches were recently installed as they could cause issue.

If things broke all of a sudden hopefully more folks with 1.4.5 chime in, since it's currently working on my patched 2.1 Pre2.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12