Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Over the past month, myself and Articus from Syntactix have been working on a TripIt app. Initially, we received interest from TripIt for the app to become the official TripIt client for webOS. Unfortunately, they changed their minds, so the app is no longer officially endorsed.

The app is ready to go. However, we must 100% rebrand the app now. Need a name, some colors, a logo, etc etc. After trying to name this app ourselves, we just could not agree on a good name. So, we wanted to ask everyone in the community to help us name it.

So, we are asking for name ideas on the app. We cannot use the TripIt name, logo, or other trademarks. This must be entirely different. Got a name? Let us know. The person who nominates the best name will win a 1 year TripIt Pro account.

The rules are simple, retweet the message below with the app name you would like to nominate. Enter as many times as you like. We can also accept name ideas in the forum if you do not use Twitter:

My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is:

Read More: TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by spdsktr; 12/06/2010 at 05:26 PM.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Travel Master

Are we limited to one entry?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 12/06/2010 at 11:14 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Are we limited to one entry?
    Nah, enter as many as you want. We just want it to be really good. We could not agree on a good name from ourselves.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Trip Maker

My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Trip Master

My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Tripstuh (which was going to be the name of my TripIt app, but I canceled mine a little while back).

And if any of mine win, don't bother getting me TripIt Pro (since I rarely travel). You could always just donate the cash to webOS Internals or even give them the TripIt Pro..
    Last edited by Arthur Thornton; 12/06/2010 at 11:43 PM.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was going to call my TripIt app MyTrips, but since you guys seem to be way ahead of me, going to stop working on it.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix is: TripMe!
    WhatATrip!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    How about "Journey" or "My Journey"
    Ok, how about "Just Trip" just like webOS 2.0's "Just Type"
    How about "Epic Trip", or "Epic Journey".

Even though I didn't come up with the following two names, I think they would make a great name for a travel app such as Tip It; taken from 2 of the latest patches for webOS 2.0, how about:

"Boom, Action Time", or "Make it So".
    My suggestions:

• Voyage
    • VoyageIT
    • Nomad (personal favorite)
    • NomadMe
    • NomadicUS
    • MyNomad
    • ImTrippin
    • We-R-Trippin
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 12/07/2010 at 01:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Tripstuh
    I gotta say... I LOVE Tripstuh

Nice Arthur... nice

My Suggestions:

Pak n' Go
    TripKit
    e-Go Trip
    Pak n' Travel
    Straight Trippin
    Hand-e-Travel
    Hand-e-Trip
    Last edited by pastorrich1; 12/06/2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Trippy or Tript........ i have an upcoming flight to Brazil and look forward to using this app!
    My suggestion: Tripped
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: TripOut
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    I gotta say... I LOVE Tripstuh

Nice Arthur... nice

My Suggestions:

Pak n' Go
    TripKit
    e-Go Trip
    Pak n' Travel
    Straight Trippin
    Hand-e-Travel
    Hand-e-Trip

Two Thumbs up for e-Go Trip & Straight Trippin. Both awesome
    i second tripstuh! thats perfect!
    TripTracker, TripTrax, Trip logger, travel caddy, travel buddy, open course, MeGo... Will think of more In the morning.
    Mentioned this one already on twitter, but:

My proposed name for the @TripIt client for HP @Palm #webOS by @Syntactix TripItŪ is coming to HP webOS one way or another! | Syntactix is: Tripster
    Trippin' Balls
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast