Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    TripKit is an awesome name. It sounds like "Trip It", but also is quite appropriate in its meaning.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    TripKit is an awesome name. It sounds like "Trip It", but also is quite appropriate in its meaning.
    That is the thinking we had on it too. It's generic enough, descriptive enough, and encompasses the plans we have already set into motion to make this the #1 TripIt client for ANY platform. We got some great things in store for this app.
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    Thank you for allowing the community to help with this. I am so excited.
    Congratz Pastor Rich!
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    @rkguy - I misssed it, tried not to use something that had already been put out there.
    Last edited by sczajka; 12/10/2010 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Forgot to quote or address someone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Congratulations pastorrich1 (aka @richdunbar) for the winning name: TripKit

Read more here:
    Introducing TripKit – The Premier TripIt Client for HP webOS | Syntactix

------------

Stay tuned over the next few days as we whip this travel itinerary munching machine into shape. We will be launching it very shortly into the app catalogs beta channel and if all goes well an app catalog near you. Don’t worry we promise it will be available “in the coming days”.

Seriously, days, not weeks or months.
    Thanks for the hard work you have put into this. Great name and the icon looks good, the palm tree makes me want to go somewhere warm. I look forward to using the app.
    TripIt Easy

EasyTrip

ezTrip
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Nice name to bad I'll have to wait for my NEXT trip to use Triptix

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums Beta
  9.    #149  
    Announcing TripKit Beta, the premier TripIt.com client for Palm #ebOS, just in time for the holidays!

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

Told you guys it would be ready in days instead of weeks/months Congrats again to Rich for helping us find a great name!
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Cool, checking it out now.

First impressions:
    • Authentication process: The Web View pages, not sure if there's anything you can do about this but then boxes to check to grant access, keep signed in etc are very small and I had to pinch to zoom in order to hit it. Also, if you click sign in, then swipe back, it takes you back into the step by step instructions rather than back to the create account or sign in page I think
    • Would be nice if there was a way to delete a trip or trip segment, as well as reorder segments
    • I think past trips and all trips should be ordered by date descending (last trip first) rather than ascending (first trip first).
    • Would be nice if there was an option for the maps links to open another maps app like BFG Maps
    • Clicking on a "Map of X" segment just opens a map of the Western or Easten US (depending on the location, and of course if it's in the US). I see the link to open in Google maps but wonder if it should just go to Google maps (or a zoomed in view of the location) right away.
    • Similar comment with driving directions, however you get more zoomed in view of the starting location here which would be good for the "Map of" segments at least as a starting point.
    • Clicking the Network box from the main menu gives me a "A data connection is required" screen on wifi or 3G.
    • Would be nice if the Share option to share a trip opened the email client with a trip url vs going to the TripIt share page (not sure if possible).

That's it for now!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Downloaded. I just came back from a trip and could have used this. I usually do a lot of traveling, don't have anything upcoming yet, but will try it out as soon as I do.

Found a bug right away, when I went to the take a tour screen, it keeps on saying updating your trips with a spinning circle...

Looked at the license and it seems to say you are entitled to republish commercially any content I put in my tripkit, is that right? As was unable to get past the first screen, was not clear if this meant itineraries which may contain peoples' contact info and my notes, photos etc
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Found a bug right away, when I went to the take a tour screen, it keeps on saying updating your trips with a spinning circle...

Looked at the license and it seems to say you are entitled to republish commercially any content I put in my tripkit, is that right? As was unable to get past the first screen, was not clear if this meant itineraries which may contain peoples' contact info and my notes, photos etc
    The bug is known and corrected now. Will have an app update shortly.

The license you are seeing must be TripIt's, so not much I can do about it.

We do not have a license for the app. We do not have access to your trips (unless you give us access), and even so, we would never share any of that data unless you explicitly gave us permission.
    - James Harris

Author of:

13.    #153  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Cool, checking it out now.

First impressions:
    • Authentication process: The Web View pages, not sure if there's anything you can do about this but then boxes to check to grant access, keep signed in etc are very small and I had to pinch to zoom in order to hit it. Also, if you click sign in, then swipe back, it takes you back into the step by step instructions rather than back to the create account or sign in page I think
    • Would be nice if there was a way to delete a trip or trip segment, as well as reorder segments
    • I think past trips and all trips should be ordered by date descending (last trip first) rather than ascending (first trip first).
    • Would be nice if there was an option for the maps links to open another maps app like BFG Maps
    • Clicking on a "Map of X" segment just opens a map of the Western or Easten US (depending on the location, and of course if it's in the US). I see the link to open in Google maps but wonder if it should just go to Google maps (or a zoomed in view of the location) right away.
    • Similar comment with driving directions, however you get more zoomed in view of the starting location here which would be good for the "Map of" segments at least as a starting point.
    • Clicking the Network box from the main menu gives me a "A data connection is required" screen on wifi or 3G.
    • Would be nice if the Share option to share a trip opened the email client with a trip url vs going to the TripIt share page (not sure if possible).

That's it for now!
    Thanks for the suggestions/reports!

1.) The check boxes on authentication are out of our control. We have reported it, and the reason why we introduced that opening "how to" (which also needs to be modified a bit). Will see if TripIt will update it.

2.) Adding/Editing/Deleting Trips & Segments is coming. We had this ready now, and wanted to get you guys something.

3.) What is your thinking behind the descending order? I'm not against it, but do not feel that is as intuitive. We also follow TripIt closely as it is a client for this service afterall. The Trips scene has room for some buttons and I am open to having an option here, or even creating it as a preference.

4.) I had not considered opening maps in BFG Maps and the like, will start working on this.

5.) I noticed this myself last night. Looking into it today, but this should not be the case. It should always center on the location and zoom in, even if not in the U.S. (but the U.S. is the default "starting" point when initializing the maps).

6.) Same as above. Hope to do much more with this, but Google licensing is an issue ATM.

7.) Several people have reported this for the Network section and I am trying to work out why this is occurring.

8.) A share option to open in app (as is native), allow selection from your contacts, etc is high on my list. There is no official API for this, and right now the authentication is getting in the way. trying to find a way to work with it (or around it).
    - James Harris

Author of:

Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions/reports!

3.) What is your thinking behind the descending order? I'm not against it, but do not feel that is as intuitive. We also follow TripIt closely as it is a client for this service afterall. The Trips scene has room for some buttons and I am open to having an option here, or even creating it as a preference.
    Thanks

When I look at Past Trips in the app, the first trip that shows up (top of the list) is one in 2008. If I look at past trips on their site, the first trip on the list (at the top), is my most recent trip in December of 2010.

Also, I deleted my upcoming trip that got cancelled through the website but it is still showing as an upcoming trip in the app.

Keep up the good work!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  15.    #155  
    Ahh, past trips. Good call, and already done in the app. Upcoming trips will be sorted in ascending order, but past trips will now show in descending by default.

The deleted trip is an issue with TripIt and how they handle this. They technically do not delete the trip details, but rather keep them in the "unfiled" area. You have to change the behavior of this when actually deleting a trip. Fairly soon we will have options for removing this in app so it never shows up again.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming!
    - James Harris

Author of:

Great App, the first time i use tripIt + tripKit.

A few comments:
    - if i make note, sync it and after that i delete the note the note won't deleted in tripKit
    - i think it will be useful to have a field for station platform in the section train-trips; perhaps you can report it to tripIt
    - the possibility to change between 12 and 24h time format will be great
    prego
  17.    #157  
    Prego,

Thank you. The note add, delete, still exist is a partial issue with the API. Working on a solution to this.

I will add the station platform item to the list of things to discuss with TripIt, but honestly, we have no real pull on these things.

I will be adding an option to you can choose whether to use 12/24 hr timeformat. In the meantime, I have updated it to look at your system preferences for this. If you have your device set to show 24 hr times, then the app adjusts and does the same. Not the same as a preference in app, but a good compromise until a get a full preferences suite in order.

Look for an update shortly that addresses all bugs reported so far.

Thank you for the invaluable feedback everyone!
    - James Harris

Author of:

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Downloaded it and got it up and running for a trip later this week and it looks great. All my information is there. Still playing with it and as the week progresses I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the hours of work that you had to put into this, please keep up the good work.
    Not sure if you'd call it a bug or just a problem with the layout, but running on a Pixi with anything in the dashboard, I get this:

If the dashboard is cleared out, the text will show...but I run Mode Switcher, which needs to run in the dashboard. I also use Neato! which uses the dashboard. Notifications...same thing...
  20.    #160  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Not sure if you'd call it a bug or just a problem with the layout, but running on a Pixi with anything in the dashboard, I get this:

If the dashboard is cleared out, the text will show...but I run Mode Switcher, which needs to run in the dashboard. I also use Neato! which uses the dashboard. Notifications...same thing...
    That's actually by design. The pixi is just not very friendly height wise, so the buttons are designed to collapse like this when notifications are present (a dashboard will be worse). The icons are still showing, which is what really matters from the UI perspective. Will see if I can shrink something to get the test to show, but still not a lot of space to get it done.
    - James Harris

Author of:

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast